Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheque is in my hand

+4
puddleduk2
Nemo
acerman1234
peep
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cheque is in my hand - Page 2 Empty Re: Cheque is in my hand

Post by Teentitan Mon 29 Oct 2012, 20:22

Last amount I heard was $4500 a year before CPP D adjusts your monthly payment. But SISIP will deduct it and I don't think it's 50cents on the dollar earned anymore? Not sure but give the regular SISIP a call to find out.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 29 Oct 2012, 19:37

Claimed hobby/farm income is offset by costs to run it, electricity,feed,vet bills, gas, depreciation on equipment
most if not all farms run at a deficit,

declared and claimed income at tax time in this manner is deducted at 50% by sisip,

The amount you make would have to be gainful and suitable employment by SISIP standards

CPP(D) allows people to make a basic amount each year without deduction from their amount, this can be found here under CSAT veteran notices.

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 19:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of "suitable employment")
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 19:09

Hey, George , will your small business affect your eligibility for continued sisip ltd payments, if its a farm can't you say it's a hobby?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 17:05

Sorry tracker, ment to encuriged people, I guess I stuck my foot in my mouth!!! I do have a small buisenees, never made money actually lost quit a bit, think they will up my check if I show them how much I lost????? Actually I have a small deer far, it keeps me buzy and is alsow a good reason to get out of bed in the morning. I was supposed to make the farm biger and profitable with my VAC pention (BACK TIME) ten years ago but guess waht happened to that money???? Never got the curage to try again, it's sad but it's only one of the 7000 stories that go along with this thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:59

Georges, what forms will you be getting from the government? Did you get T4's from a job?
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

I also dont get CPP question I had a telephone confrence call with a case manager from SISIP in jun he called me and it was SISIP CPP and Myself to confirm my CPP amount and when it started so I guess they dont trust there own files. As for tax stuff holly bat droppings I never made very much being self employed so lets see how this turns out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:55

Well I did work part time in the pasr few years, so I need to get some forms from the gov. Called today, will get them in 10 working days. Funny how sisip gives us diferent info. Now I know wy so mamy guy's are getting at each other arguing about different informations. We already a bunch of confused, tired and sick men, I guess we need to triple check and check again and again. By the way what is the Reclamation number?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:54

Something to remember for all those already receiving cheques. Do not gloat, or rub it into the faces of others. Try to consider the feelings of others. And most importantly "remember all the poor SISIP and GoC people who will not be getting a christmas bonus because of this!!!!"

Congrats guys/gals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:53

So question, How is the self employment going to effect all of this and how will they read the notice of assements if you made very little and your over all net income is low but buisness gross is higher than your over all taxable income how will they read this and how will being self imployed change any thing most people never make any money or very little?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:48

You get two envelopes in the package , one for direct deposit and one for claimant questions. Both have in blue ink , large letters, CL PROJECT . My other friend at legion phoned me and told me he got his cheque today also, he phoned sisip ltd and was told 76 cheques have been mailed out so far, they are running behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:45

wonder what CL stands for??? perhaps clawback?
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:34

Hey the sisip code name for us is CL Project, it's stamped over all the forms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:33

Hey George , did it feel bitter sweet, and do you have much paperwork, all my three answers were no, so I have already mailed my form back. They told me its 23 of nov for direct deposit cheque

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:52

thats great news georges congrats.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:48

Good for you George

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content