Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back in January-Merry Xmas

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Back in January-Merry Xmas - Page 3 Empty Re: Back in January-Merry Xmas

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:15

so navrat i see your point that even if the judge thinks its a bad deal and 7000 letters from vets come in asking him not to accept the deal he will still accept it.however i have a little bit of faith in human nature and the justice system including the judge.and yes some people may not want me to use my right (and i belive duty)to let my oppinion known to the judge im going to do it anyway and no one can stop me.if you are correct navrat and we the classes opinion of this deal doesnt matter to the judge then i did waste my time sure.but its my time to waste and i will waste it as i see fit.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:12

Peep, did you get put on the list and what did Peter say

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:04

Ha, they have to send out the check to more than a few to win us over
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:02

But I am thrilled with getting my cheque

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 13:00

The only powers that judge Barnes has is to either accept the settlement in whole or reject it in whole, he can't alter it in any way. So it looks like writing or asking the judge anything is really useless. This thing is signed , sealed a d ready to be delivered. I think sisip timed it with the zero sum cheques so everyone would be happy and just let it slide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 12:54

hey robbie i didnt say its right but i belive peter has already said that the judge cannot add ore subtract anything from a negotiated settlement.he can only accept it ore reject it so its up(and i belive our duty) to us to read this agreement verry carefully and make our feelings known to the judge not just for us but for all vets.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 11:57

I like what you fellas have said here but I do believe Justice Barns may have a different opinion on how the GOC has agreed to settle and how the legal team has represented the CA so far. The team has conducted themselves very well over the past few months and even though the GOC has "agreed to settle" this does not exclude them from owning up to an absurd lack of policy mismanagement that nearly wiped out literally thousands of lives. I should never have to see homeless veterans, veterans without proper medical care, veterans without hope because some one "printed" something that was as convoluted as the latrines we all had to dig at one time or another during our tenure in service to country. If I represented the CA as a Superior Court Judge I would seriously administer a financial award that would force anyone, company or representative to seriously rethink about saving a dollar in leu of a guaranteed policy for the representatives that the policy supports. I say this for my friends that can't say this today as they found other ways to deal with shame and poverty. R.I.P. I sure hope no one forgets those that lost out on life due to a policy that had only one agenda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 09:59

lmao i dont know how well informed i am but i am trying to do some reaserch and learn so i can make a well informed decission ore at least as well informed as i can.
but thanks for that buds
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 09:34

Propat
You can always tell when a Veteran is well informed. His views are pretty much like my own. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 06 Nov 2012, 09:32

rusty, is this for class action?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 09:27

rusty buddy i here ya i see a lot of the pros and cons to a quick resalution.however wether ore not we ask the judge not to accept this deal ore not as part of our questios to the judge will be a personal one.and im sure that question will be decided by whats in the deal.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 09:20

Thanks you Propat your opinion counts- never stop voicing it- Quick resolution? This has been going on for too long now...Some are worried about the hurrying that matter - i will find that comment and post it here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 09:09

hi rusty great post good reaserch but as the goc has agreed to settle i dont belive this applies in a settlement.this settlement will speed things up but as its negotiated by opposeing parties i belive we will not be awarded what we should in my opinion.and again in my oppinion its a trade off for a quick resalution.is it worth it?well that depends if their is some sort of deterant to the goc from ever doing this again contained in the deal.again since this is a negotiated settlement it will not be large but i hope it will be reasonable.
great reserch
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3