Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP?????

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP????? Empty Re: ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP?????

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 28 Nov 2012, 20:36

looking stressed and needy, doesnt and will not cover it.

Most regular Doctor appointments give on average less than 15 minutes to a patient for a regular scheduled visit. My going in with a +30lb tote of previous medical documents is going to be overwhelming for anyone to digest, absorb, and fill out the medical form.

I can imagine any ER doctor being approached and asked to look at sisip's medical paperwork replying with a big flat no.

Trying to explain to anyone what sisip ltd and the class action is to start is stressful enough, going to the ER is going to be an extremely painful visit for me, mentally and physically.

Not having a permanent physician is going to be a obstacle.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP????? Empty Re: ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP?????

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 18:57

ColZula

"2. Finding a doctor for filling out forms:
Gather up your medicals files go to out patients explain the situation to ER doctor. Explain it for insurance coverage purposes and he or she may fill it out or point u to a doctor that will.(Look stressed and needy) I even called doctors from the yellow pages to find someone."

This does not sound like a very honorable thing to do, if you are too ill to have gainful employment then why would you need to "perform" in this manner. "(Look stressed and needy)"!!!

I hope I am not the only one who thinks there is something wrong with this statement, if your hurt then your hurt if your not then your not. There is no look stressed and needy, because you are stressed and needy or your not.

IMO CHeers.
Back

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 28 Nov 2012, 08:46

Good info to have as a reference,

I am one of those that will have to use an ER doctor, toting my med file in on a trolley,

Just concerned about losing the retro on not having the a family physician,

if they are going forward with my file no concerns on my part, as eventually I may find a physician.

puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 00:28

navrat that info will all be in the agreement buds and no one is letting it out.they will be in their for sure in my oppinion as it will not only help a lot of peeps not on the list that should be but it will help sissip as well since a medical assesment today cant keep them from paying retro just going forward payments.they will need this to find past medical info to have a reason to either qualify you fully ore disqualify you,well lets face it,for any reason they can find.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 00:17

Propat, have you heard anything about the proxies yet, alot of guys haven't got anything yet , but the ones I talk to all seem to be zero sum, is there a second list being prepared

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 00:04

navrat i belive sisip just uses the term disabled not tpi but either way not a big deal.the way i read it if you were declaired not disabled after 24 months and have not been reinstated then you may be out of luck.however if you have never been assesed after 24 months then you are still in the game so to speek.as a medical assesment today can not accurately determine your medical ore for that matter mental state last year.this is the reason for the proxies.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 23:45

That's what I was told , you must have been declared tpi at the 24 month mark because that is the only reason you continued to receive , if you are not declared tpi than your non prejudice cheques will have to be paid back and the lawyers and in the letter manulife said this. You will get retro for however long you were on sisip ltd but if sisip comes back now and says you no longer qualify than you don't get it, period and you have to pay back those non prejudice payments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 23:36

wife of a vet you have the right to challange and you should they will try to bone a lot of peeps and if no one challanges they will get away with it.their definition of disabled after the first 24 moths is"unable to work in any occupation"thats it thats all.it appears to me your hubby meets this criteria so dont quit keep up the fight challange challange challange!!!!
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 23:32

Navrat, you are being kind of misleading. I am a zero sum member now since 2009 and on SISIP since 2005 collecting a partial payment. so almost 8 years on/off SISIP. Are you saying that if I am found not TPI than I will only receive 24 months of retro? That is wrong and was confirmed by McInnis Cooper. Any check you have received that had DVA reduced is what you will be entitled to. Zero Claimants, we are in a whole different vall park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 23:07

tpi and totally disabled mean the same thing who ever says it. With sisip you have to be totally disabled according to their policy, they dont care what anyone has said, it has to be according to there policy which is produced by the treasury board. When sisip ltd sends you a letter and it says you meet there defination of totally and permanentily disabled then you are tpi and they are sending those letters out right now. I got one and it says total permant diasbled. Even the plaintiff of this case is only getting 2 years worth of retro and many more. There are only 900 zero sum and sisip has to decide which meet sisip ltd tpi policy or total disabled by sisip defination, so even if the QUEEN OF ENGLAND says your disabled, your not , the decision is sisips and sisip alone. Sorry if anyone doesnt like what i post , but i believe the truth, is important to hear, because next week we will probably know about the settlement

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 22:58

was his CPP D and t2201 equal to 75% of his pre release salary? Did he also have an annuity?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 27 Nov 2012, 22:41

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 22:07

Hi Wife Of Veteran, I have not been sending in annual reports. Very interesting that you have not been addressed yet. Did all of your other sources of income exceed 75% of pre- release salary? PIA and TPI are terms used by Veteran Affairs, not SISIP and relate to the ELB( Earnings lost Benefit. ) I was released in 2005 and required another re-assesment by SISIP in 2007 to continue with the LTD (Long term Disability) Since then I have been trying to re-adjust to civie life. I have not been able to maintain any sort of employment for more than a month or two; so while under SISIP care and the LTD, I was not getting a check but still considered to be disabled, on and off with their help. In 2009 I was required to apply for CPP D ,when I was approved SISIP Zero Summed me entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 27 Nov 2012, 21:46

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 21:07

Sisip ltd is only for 24 months, if at the 24 month mark you are declared tpi it continues. There are 7200 sisip class members of which 900 are zero sum, that leaves 6100 clients who are only getting it for 24 months. Your cm didn't tell you the whole story, there will be pre and post interest on the retro amount plus anything else we might get minus legal fees and income tax so it's a little more in depth than she said

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next