Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP?????

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP????? - Page 2 Empty Re: ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP?????

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 20:55

I had contacted SISIP, and a CM designated to the case she confirmed, my thoughts. I too am expecting 7 years, never declared tpi ( a DVA thing) However declared to meet criteria for LTD through SISIP. It is very simple, as explained to me. For every check you have received through SISIP they will be reimbursing they reduced amount. No time line of 24 months if not declared totally disabled, only cut off if you have been retrained/employed with full time stable employment.

Back to top Go down

ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP????? - Page 2 Empty Re: ANYONE RECEIVE TPI LETTER FROM SISIP?????

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 20:39

Not the without prejudice payments, it's the last eight years worth of retro, just in case I wasn't clearer on that

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 20:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of last eight words)
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 20:34

It's no different than the yearly medicals sisip requires if you are on ltd, the only difference here is non- prejudice payments are only loans until you get the tpi letters

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 20:33

It would not be medical paperwork forward that would bug me,

just that sisip could withhold any retro payments based on a newly trained clerk looking for a back door dismissal of my entire claim (without a redress process).
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 20:24

Who really cares? SISIP has agreed to pay a non-prejudice payment for some time. If a medical is required to continue on with LTD than so be it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 19:00

All I did was email Peter Stoffer like Teen asked us to do, he's a good Mp it was just like talking to an old friend haha, but I got the idea that he is being swamped by all this. I can't complain but got booted from rehab from vac, so I am a little pissed today. ColZula, I like talking on here and if you want to pm me , no problem, but I had a problem a couple of years ago giving out my personal information to a fellow legionarie so wife says I have to stay uncover, but hey , I might even be Peter Stoffer or maybe Stephen dion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 18:47

I would like to phone you Navrat seems like you have an inside track!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 18:17

Has anyone heard about the proxies and the second lists and so on that the law firm was talking about a couple of months ago. I just go a phone call from Peter Stoffer, the Mp that i emailed , and he told me the opposition is pressing for the legal fees to be covered. He also said something strange in that Judge Barnes only ordered the clawback illegal and to reimburse the offset for the members effected. He said legal fees will be decided after 14 of Jan, so there will be another court date. This is why i believe there is no damages because both parties agreed to settle and when you do this no partie takes blame, So after talking to him, he also said the agreement is not finalized yet and i said even today with it being so close and he said yes, i dont know what to believe but i dont believe in damages. Oh ya , he also said he has been flooded by emails and calls from people who sisip have not sent money to and were not declared tpi by the letters. So he said his office and him are well aware of everything and are in contact with the very higher ups, He is a good Mp becuase i live in a different province and talked to him, he phoned me, for 1/2 hour and i asked a shit load of questions but i dont want to get into to much detail because i dont want to be deleted for saying something that might hurt or upset someone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 16:17

Georges dumont, I feel the same as you. I was receiving sisip ltd beyond the 2 years until dva went up and clawbacked. Now I wait for a newly trained clerk to decide my fate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 15:45

I will wait to see what sisip ask's for if they do ask. My situation is only worst than when the stopped sending monthly cheques because my VAC was highter than there amount. Still I am processing my CCP D because ether way they will request it. Best scenario both say yes, worst they both say no,,, then major depression and bad on the f---ing paper work med exams ect....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 14:37

No news or letter from sisip. They say still needs to be reviewed. Not knowing is making me ill. It should be simple but until you receive word either way, some stranger has my life in their hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:10

Guest, that is a very good piece of advice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 09:54

It is my opinion you will need updated medicals....I for one am being proactive and organized medicals predicting Sisip/Manulife would require them for the going forward claim. For arrears that will take time and individual reviews in the mean time prepare by booking medical and explain your needs to your doctor. I can assure you that our word on our condition will need to be support by medical professionals before payments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 09:39

Yes georges dumont, it is an emotional roller coaster and I am in the same scenerio....Sisip is in the midst of training new staff to go through our questionairres to determine if we are tpi so I am nervous and anxious for that letter....take care...sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 09:28

Here goes the roller coaster again, Sisip did not get any info on my stat for 8 years but I did not get additional questionners

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next