Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put the Brakes ON People

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Put the Brakes ON People - Page 2 Empty Re: Put the Brakes ON People

Post by Teentitan Sun 02 Dec 2012, 23:02

Thanks Rex. I hope everything they put in those dockets are correct. All I do is post the info I hunt down for you guys. So if Peter lied to me then he lied.

As for me going to the Hamilton legion to top up your drink Navrat I think you have it all backwards. All the work of digging for info for you guys over the years you all owe me a beer! And I can drink a lot of beer! LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 02 Dec 2012, 22:47

Thanks 6608, but that is of little significance in the big picture. The lawyers would not agree to see the judge, whether it is Monday or Tuesday, if the deal wasn't done, or practically done. It just wouldn't happen, unless like I stated earlier, there were some points that they felt that the Government were not going to budge on without court direction, much like what they threatened to do when they were refusing to pay the zero sum clients. But even if that were the case, why not say so? We, the class members would at least understand that, and allow the lawyers the benefit of those 2 weeks to get those issues in order before the 14th. But if they continue to leave us out of the loop, we have to assume that the lawyers agree with whatever is going to the judge on Tuesday, and that nothing will be changed before the 14th, so why put the class through the unnecessary wait. Releasing the package 30 days prior to the final hearing isn't law, it is the normal practice, but it isn't law. The class members have sacrificed our minds and bodies for this country, so that these lawyers can continue to practice law in a democratic society, so practices considered normal for most class actions, should be thrown out the window, IMHO.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 22:37

yup from what i see it was the 4th and now its the 3rd am i correct in this ore am i reading this wrong?
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Sun 02 Dec 2012, 22:25

Bigrex- it was always the 4th of Dec see entree for Oct 23 2012
(just a typo for your listed one)

http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_RE_info_e.php?court_no=T-463-07
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 02 Dec 2012, 21:53

My intel is from the court documents

"Oral directions received from the Court: The Honourable Mr. Justice Barnes dated 09-NOV-2012 directing that "Further to today's Case Management Conference held by way of teleconference the following alternate hearing dates will be held: 1) The motion to approve a Notice of Settlement will be held on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. in Ottawa by teleconference for a duration of three (3) hours; 2) The motion to approve the terms of settlement will be held in Halifax on Thursday, February 14 and Friday, February 15, 2013 for a duration of two (2) days. These dates are alternates to the hearing dates previously fixed for December 3, 2012 and January 15 and 16, 2013. Within 3 weeks of the date of this Direction, the parties are to advise which of these hearing dates will be dropped." placed on file on 09-NOV-2012 Confirmed in writing to the party(ies) "

Since those directions were given on the 9th of Nov, the three week limit was on Friday, which makes sense as that was the last weekday before seeing the judge, which was supposed to be in the morning , but somehow got moved to Tuesday. Since the court files, and the Lawyers have not announced that the alternate dates will be used, we have to assume that they will be seeing the Judge as originally scheduled.. So for them to do, and not use their available out, the deal must be done, or so close that both sides were comfortable with going ahead. If I'm wrong, and the lawyers are going to ask the judge to decide on the last issues that cannot be agreed to, even with an extension, and that court direction is required before releasing the proposal to the class, then the lawyers should say so.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 08:47

Teen, owes the Hamilton legion a round of drinks, damages and legal fees, plus notional top up of my pint

Back to top Go down

Put the Brakes ON People - Page 2 Empty Delays are a Pain ! But worthwhile for us if they happen!

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 08:03

Most of us believe the deal is effectively done. Peter can say it isn't complete until everything is done! (after all he is a lawyer) It is Crazy how frustrating this all is for some. I am tired, so tired of hearing the majority of the class has mental health issues. Even if its true we have every right to voice our opinions and thoughts. At a minimum it lets those that care know our individuals feeling. At a maximum it is a place for the experts to advise us and listen to our rebuttals. What I do trust is we will be totally pleased. I haven't once heard, one negative comment all "VERY POSITIVE" since May 2012 (from Peter Discoll) So ladies and gents give Peter all the time he needs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 07:21

roger that Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 07:14

Robbie its tooo early to drink ..then again its 5 oclock somewhere !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 06:23

Lard Tundern lamp lighten glen surfin where da hell be me screech bouy, oh yeah leftr in the Hamiliton Legion, grab us a taxi bouy where going back for anudder round.
That's not nice picking on the bouys from Hamilton Teen I think you hurt my feelins. I am definitely going to that Legion when this whole thing is over and hopefully you will join us too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 02 Dec 2012, 01:04

Rex you have been a constant on the CSAT but you are speaking as if you know exactly what is going on and how it should happen.

Could you please tell us your source of intel to give validation to what you have stated?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 01 Dec 2012, 21:57

I'm sorry Titan, but the lawyers had until Midnight yesterday to decide whether or not the proposal would be finalized before seeing the judge. If it wasn't done, they should have used the option to delay the hearing. Both sides know if they go in front of the judge on Tuesday and this isn't done, he is going to be pissed. They are not going to risk that because he is the only person who decides how much they get paid. If there are some aspects still being decided, they are minor details, like whether or not to set as time limit for payouts.

As far as the timing us getting the proposal, and getting to write the Judge, 30 days may be the usual, but that doesn't mean that has to be followed.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 18:41

I will be there , Hamilton legion, source of all knowledge and hot line straight to Peters office

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 01 Dec 2012, 18:28

Nav try google.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 18:21

1. there is no agreement- Good Peter is battling!
2. they are still in negotiations-Excellent --Great things happen only from great efforts ( Ask Dennis Manuge)
3. we will get a time period to comment- Navrat and I cant wait can you?
4. the decision is going to be a yes or no from Judge Barnes.- Yes, i can accept that but if its" no" he has to say why duh!
5. the next "meeting" is in Ottawa on Tuesday- I don't care I am going with a pen and paper to the Halifax court house to take notes for VVi ! Then for a double rustynail at the legion in Hamilton!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next