Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put the Brakes ON People

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Put the Brakes ON People - Page 3 Empty Re: Put the Brakes ON People

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 17:52

What significant case law on the test needs to be applied , Hey Teen, I am fishing, throw something on the hook

Back to top Go down

Put the Brakes ON People - Page 3 Empty Put the Brakes ON People

Post by Teentitan Sat 01 Dec 2012, 17:42

I have been in contact with Peter today and here is what is going on:

1. there is no agreement yet because the negotiations are still going on.
2. the date for the class to be notified has not been finalized yet because...they are still in negotiations.
3. we will get a time period to comment on the agreement, usually 30 days, before the court date in Jan or the backup date in Feb
4. the decision is going to be a yes or no from Judge Barnes. He will make his decision based on what is generally best for the class. There is significant case law on the test to be applied. It isn't "i think we should have gotten x plus." scenario.
5. the next "meeting" is in Ottawa on Tuesday.

There are a ton of "rumors" flying around not only in the Legion in Hamilton but everywhere in Canada. Usually in a bar....where people are drinking....which usually leads to becoming drunk...which makes everyone a lawyer...a person who has a friend who's cousin is going out with a guy who's uncle works for the DoJ and he's on the negotiation team.

In other words everything you hear in a bar is a rumor! So unless the guy in the bar can connect you directly to the DoJ/Toope or one of the lawyers on Peter's legal team tell them to shut up because they are spreading rumors!

It's one of the considerations I asked you to think before you post. If you cannot '100% verify' what was told to you in a bar please don't post it. We don't post rumors we post facts. Thanks.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3