Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST

+2
peep
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST - Page 3 Empty Re: I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:48

Wait a minute ,

In that same Court Docket , it also says 1) The Motion to approve a Notice of Settlement will be held on Wednesday , January 09 , 2013 @ 09:30hrs. in Ottawa by teleconference for a duration of 3 hours .

Maybe this is the actual date Justice Barnes says it's a go , Now Inform The Class ..................

So say the Court Docket
For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST - Page 3 Empty Re: I HAVE SOME INFO AND A REQUEST

Post by bigrex Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:32

Yes, but he said 8 weeks or less for the package. That could put the resolution as late as the end of January, the 29th to be precise. So either they haven't resolved this, and we possibly have to wait until only 2 weeks before the court date in February to get our proposal package, or the judge approves the package on the 14th of January as originally scheduled and they're saying that we'll have our money by the end of January. So unless he specifically said that we are not going in front of the judge for final approval until Valentines day, I'm holding out hope that my wife will have my full attention on that day.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:04

FUBAR

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 05 Dec 2012, 06:22

We are not on track for a resolution (end date) for Jan 15.

Rex Peter said 8 weeks until the resolution. So we are going to get the agreement in Jan. The class will have a 30 day notice period.

Right now the agreement is going thru the ever slow wheels of law.

Remember on the court docket there was an alternate date for resolution in Feb. Hope this helps.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3411
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 23:19

Sapper may have a point. Peter said he would have an email out to us next week with all the details of the discussion (all issues have been addressed). That leads me to believe that the gag order is being lifted and lift it if both sides aren't ready to see the judge. I have a feeling we may still be on track for 16-16 Jan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:39

Hopefully we get a memo sooner rather than later

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:35

I wish he (Peter) would tell us if it's just the two back years is positive or starting the rest of us is positive

Big difference
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:45

Perhaps its a misunderstanding on our part and its still a Go for next week. If anything were to change it should have changed last week and we would have been informed. Lets not get crazy until we have to. A notice of somekind should still arrive. Wait one.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:34

Where has it said that we have to wait until February now? I just re-read and is he saying that it is 8 weeks until we get the proposal package, or the settlement package to be approved? It could be read either way. Is there any clarification available?

Last edited by bigrex on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:23; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:23

We were told that we would have the agreement delivered to us by December 14, 2012, for our decision to be delivered to the judge by Jan. 15/16 2013. You must give us some info regarding this lawsuit/settlement. You cannot change the rules mid-way through the game (like the NVC mid-way between a war) and expect complacency. We are not a group to play with as we are in various states of mental instability and physical anguish. We are not Lotto winners. We are victims, and damned tired of being such. Do the right thing. Thanks
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:55

Honestly this news about waiting even longer Blows Goats! Now for Christmas I want a great big ol' baseball bat so I can knock some sence into a few people! Don't string us along, no more on the bus off the bus, or racetrack for hours. Enough is enough already, I propose that for every week they stall we get an extra 20% added to our LTD backpay. This way I will know that I would be getting a good settlement and would not care how long it takes to get sorted out.
This RadOP is POed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:31

True very true and how my liver is holding up just today after 4 months I have had a pain free day and was looking forward to some good news on here LOL should have know better with this case, but it will take some time , but it will come after santa. just a few more months!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:26

Foundry , I know this thing has aged me 20 years , what a stressful event in our lives, there should be a case study at the end of this to see how us survivors have faired

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:26

Is there any news on how long it will be before sisip gets through all the questionairre reviews Teentitan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:25

well the good point is that we dont have to pay 2012 taxes!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next