Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide! Empty Re: Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide!

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 14:38

I looked at this calculator yet we don't know what the pre-judgement interest rate will be. Plus the calculator only works for lump sums. My best guess is that we will get about 1.3% interest on money owed.

Back to top Go down

Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide! Empty Re: Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide!

Post by DeeCee Sat 05 Jan 2013, 14:09

Thanks for the link Supreme, Chris
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 13:24

Ya, this is something that needs alot more explaining!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:39

oh with it done that way their will be no truble doing your tax as you just do it as you normally do just add a year of ltd sisip will give you a slip with that ammount.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:35

navrat with the top up done that way it will not be subject to tax ore leagal fees witch makes it worth a lot more. as for the rest look at sappers.not good enough?maybe not but its no kick in the ass.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:30

So notional top up, Propat , we don't see it, so really my bets are interest plus retro that's it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:26

great one sapper you rock thats the spirit buds.makes me smile.

notional top up will be simple.

regular tax will be deducted at source and goc will pay the penelties directly.

lmao

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:20

I like that rumour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:16

Retro from 1979
prejudgement interest 4% from 1992
Notional top up of 10% of your settlement amount
Benefit for family equal to 50% your settlement
Legal fees of 8%
Federal taxes at 30%
This is a little more like it.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:09

thanks sapper i thought it was the 80s somewhere and i cant see in anyway it would move to 2001 more likley it would move to 76.heck ok im gona start with positive roumors to fight the negitive ones.

THE RETRO WILL GO BACK TO 1979.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:58

Hey all. I was QRO 3b in 1989. Sisip stopped paying me in 1991. I was reinstated this fall to benefit of Cpl. pay for sisip purposes. I kept sending in medical updates etc. The lawsuit at first read all policy holders dating from april of 1985 to present. This is also on leavenovetbehind.ca I do hope the lawsuit goes back to 1976, as it is incomprehensible that some vets are, and some vets aren't covered under the same policy 901102
I have been sick for 2 weeks with nerves. Hopefully over soon.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:41

well, it doesn't affect me since I've only been out since 2006, but it does affect a lot of Veterans. And the reason they mentioned not having to pay interest prior to 1992, is because it is legislated that there is a cutoff for interest, and since they were seeking coverage to 1976, it would have been prudent to mention it early, instead waiting until after the dates were settled and then explaining to Veterans why they didn't accrue interest on up to 16 years of retroactive payments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:34

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 17:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:26

yes bigrex i see that and know a lot of roumors are being stated on here. some even saying it will be this and fore sure it will be that witch upsets some vets even though the info is wrong.what i wanted to do is show you some actual facts hopefully to ease your mind a bit and i belive you posted in the past if im not mistaken that you were on sisip since 91.so i know in the the first part it says may witch is good ore bad depending how you look at it but if you look at the second part(not about cut off date but i added it since i thought you were on since 91)and read that part a couple of times and you just might come to the same conclusion that i have.then ask yourself why do they say the goc dosnt have to pay interest prior to 92 if is irrelevent?

maybe its just how i read things but i hope this helps ease your mind a bit.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next