Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide!

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide!

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 09:48

I worry for those vets as well bigrex and I don't know how I would cope if that happened to me. Let's hope there is better news for them next week.

Back to top Go down

Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dennis, We need you, any words of wisdom or encouragement you could provide!

Post by bigrex Sat 05 Jan 2013, 09:44

that's part of the problem, the memo said may go back to 1976. then you have the rumour that Nav heard from a VAC employee about 2001, which is when serving members started getting PA pensions, while those released were clawed back, magnifying the unfairness of the clawback. I've also read sometime in the 90's and then the 80's. So far any dates mentioned, other than what was in the legal documents, is just rumour and conjecture, including possible dates in the memos. Sure Peter may have tried going back to 1976, but how successful was he? We don't know!. And I couldn't imagine being one of those Veterans who were deemed TPI but have received nothing or very little for the last few decades, and are now waiting to see if they are going to get paid or not. I know I'm covered because it has been seven years as of yesterday since I was booted to the curb, and probably explains why I was in such a pissed off mood all day
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 07:36

bigrex ive found what i have seen its nothing for sure but at least its something.the following are from an MC memo;

The Government continues its efforts to value and verify the cost of returning the amounts improperly offset by SISIP. This is complicated by the fact that the proposed amounts may go back to the start of the offset, which was 1976.

Interest
There will be pre-judgment interest payable on all monies owed from 1992 to May 1, 2012. By statute, the Government is not required to pay interest prior to 1992. The parties continue to negotiate, but we are hopeful that our most recent offer will be accepted.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 07:19

bigrex i belive we were already given the cut off date.im not sure what it was something like 84 ore 87 cant seem to find it so i dont want to say for certin but i think its on here somewhere.can anyone confirm this?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 23:35

I agree wholeheartedly Nav. I understand there is a legal purpose but it never sat well with me and infact I think it created more damage than any damage potentially occurring without a gag order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 23:30

You know out of this whole ordeal the gag order frustrated me the most, big question , why? At the end of this I would love an answer!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 04 Jan 2013, 23:15

It's the 11th hour, and we should be allowed to know what is being presented to the judge. maybe not all the details, but at least some of the major sections, especially the cut off date. We have Veterans out there who still don't know if they are part of the class or not because of the secrecy. Surely that type of info cannot be vital to the proposal. Because if the judge rejects the proposal, for whatever reason, (which is still a possibility, however small a chance), we won't even know why because we don't know what could in the package that could be unsatisfactory to him. So on the off chance that he does reject it, we will have to wait even longer to get any details because the negotiations will be back on, forcing this to go another couple of months. To me the waiting isn't bad, it's the lack of information, even when there is no longer any logical or valid requirement to keep us in the dark anymore.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 22:45

Ok, Dennis, tell your company CSAT beckons, we need same gravy, surly Peter would understand, I wouldn't be angry at you if you spilled the beans!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 20:08

No, it's me OldVet, I am actually about done with this also, I have been trying to put some humour into this and just want to put a smile on people's faces. Truth is I have no idea what the settlement will be, I heard one really really good rumour from someone at my legion who had some connections, but the only one from the law firm who told me anything was Peter who I had emails with who said I would be lucky to receive 60 percent take home, so I hope Peter was wrong, I hope Big Rex's calculations are wrong, but inside I believe they are right. Legal has no control over taxes so we will pay, and I will pay alot, that's just what I am owed, and because I am owed alot I will pay probably 10 people's average amount they get back, who likes paying taxes , I don't but for me 60 percent after everything will be a good deal for me, if the legal fees have went down more for us, I am sorry OldVet if I snapped

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 20:04

Would you also lose your Vip parking spot at the Legion Nav. Say is aint so.....sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 19:59

I guess stress is through the roof, if I come across harsh, sorry. This whole law suit needs to be done with. P.S the money you will be paying in taxes alone will cover me thanks. Keep Well Nav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 19:54

Old vet, take two Tylenol , and get a good nights sleep, oh and remember everyone is responsible for there own actions and feelings, I don't give a crap what your issues are , as I don't know you from a hole in the head, I thought it was 30 percent for sure, in stone, then I got a good rumour at the legion, fished for some info, then Dennis said on here , legal fees would be very very reasonable, well we know 30 percent isn't reasonable, so it must be less according to the lead plaintiff . It's really logical actually, try it, it's a great stress reliever , Life is Wonderful, and I would love to pay off the entire class, I'd pay yours as long as you smiled, life can't be that bad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 19:35

Perhaps Navrat could pay off the entire class; if he stayed at home and skipped out on the daily get togethers at the legion. Kind of confused here Nav, at first you were commited to 30% and now convinced it will be 10% just rumors? If so please don't post that sort of crap. People here including myself have extreme anxiety issues and rumors certainly don't help, however factual info would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 18:45

NEWS FLASH...............If Dennis doesnt release any tidbits , NAVRAT will lose his life time platinum Hamilton legion membership,...............plus his key for the Hamilton legion rumour control centre will have to be turned in, No Joke, Dennis please help

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Fri 04 Jan 2013, 18:34

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next