Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if we lost?

3 posters

Go down

What if we lost? Empty Re: What if we lost?

Post by bigrex Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:40

Yes, the package is far from good. Legal fees will be 17.7% (or more depending on where you live). Almost half the total settlement (approx 450 million) is for future payments that the majority of the class will not receive. Even the 10 million isn't even all ours. We, the class members can only access a maximum of 5.2 million of it, and for only the next 7.5 years 4000 clients at $1300 each. If 4000 class members apply this year for the bursary, that is it! The 4001th veteran will be SOL, even if he applies next year. At the end of that it will be transferred to VAC to dispense to ELB clients, who already had access to schooling for themselves or their spouse if the veteran was unable to take advantage.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:15

not even close

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:12

The 7.5 % is the overall percentage of the entire package, including future payments and interest, that the firm is asking for... What we are actually paying them is 15.5% of our retro + and extra 2% to cover hst and amounts paid out. IF I worked it out correctly the interest paid should just about cover this amount. oops 15.7%+2%

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:11

"Driscoll said the law firm is asking for 7.5 per cent of the total settlement, but that's subject to court approval."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/settlement-over-military-pension-clawbacks-worth-up-to-887-8m-1.1107249#ixzz2HZt5BY6H

This is off the web site and new yesterday it seems that the y are saying that legal fees will be 7.5%

Click above to see news video of Dennis and Peter.

And add you comments to the tweet people are saying at 7.5 % legal fees are too much wait until they here 17% or more and taxes and about the interest

Chimo

Last edited by DCHD on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:09

7.5 is a number solely for the media and public

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:08

that's right recon we each will pay 15.7% +2% =17.7% in fees
the 7.5% is very deceptive and manipulative the lawyers highlighting this amount is a smokescreen typical politician type crap and total bs!!!!!!!!!!!
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 08:04

Recon what do you mean we will pay over 17% if judge approves

Are you talking about the legal fees are you saying they could go higher than 17%??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 07:58

Well said
Peter, Ward ,and the rest of the team and last but not least Dennis and his wife ,family.... THANK YOU CHIMO
You all deserve more !
We all started with nothing and we won!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 07:55

Ron ,

i spoke with Dennis yesterday & we will pay over 17 % if the Judge approves

For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

What if we lost? Empty What if we lost?

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 07:47

I see a lot of people harping on how much we are paying lawyers. If we lost, those lawyers that put six years of hard work, would walk away with nothing but a handshake and a thanks for coming out. When I sent my information in I understood that I would pay up to 30%. Paying 7.5% is a drop in the hat. That's all I got to say about that! I said good day! Great job Peter and Ward!!! And Dennis I would have given a million if I had the choice just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down