Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are the two example Peter was providing today

+2
peep
1993firebird
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where are the two example Peter was providing today Empty Re: Where are the two example Peter was providing today

Post by bigrex Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:01

The lawyers will not give an example of what taxes will be owed becuase each case will be different. It will change because of provincal taxes, how much you make from other sources,etc.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Where are the two example Peter was providing today Empty Re: Where are the two example Peter was providing today

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 07:51

Yes this is all fine

BUT we have not seem an example with numbers place in and all taxes not just interest. what if a final number and when do you add the top up.

This is simple and I believe my calulation to be correct on what i have and heard. BUT i still could be out to lunch with OUT AN EXAMPLE

KISS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:18

Bottum line is you get all you should have minus the legal fees. It is that simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:15

Ya you are helping

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:05

Thanks Navrat... I am just trying to help people get an accurate idea of what the interest rates mean... not sure if I am helping anyone or not.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:02

That's the way I believe also, Maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:00

But Peter's method is just as accurate.... 5% for each of 03,04,05,06,07,08 and 3% for 09,10,and 11... equals 39%... on the $10,000 earned in 2002 you have $3,900 owed to you in interest...

the amount you are owed from 2003 would be calculated at 34% ect.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:48

same as I said.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:47

Thank you Maggie , I needed that

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:45

Peter got it right... that is an example of simple interest added together... another way to put it is if you were owed 10,000 for 2002, in 2003 you would earn 500 on that amount, in 2004 another 500 ect up to 2009 when it changes to 3% so you would earn $300. for a total interest on the 10,000 from 2002 of $3900 to the end of 2011... do the same thing with the amount you should have gotten for every year you have been clawed back...

Compound interest means you get interest on interest you would have earned... in 2003 you earned $500 on your $10,000, so your interest for 2004 would be 5% of $10,500 or $525... etc... so the amount of interest increases every year instead of staying at $500... that is compound interest

Please believe the example I have given you and the # Peter gave are examples of simple interest.

I don't yet know if the 3.27% is annual interest or just a flat rate applied to the total... I suspect the latter... but I don't know for sure

Last edited by MaggieinNB on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar errors.)

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:42

No., Peters, is correct

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:39

year one x5% = x
year two x3% =y
then add x+y and you get the result with 4% total.

Each year must be done separately then added all together at the end.

otherwise you will get compound interest.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:35

Peep, that can't be right. They may not add interest on the interest made, but interest has to be added to the base amount every year.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:24

You got it peep. Not so shiny now eh? I go back to 1990 or 91...so I lose a lot. But I do hope we get an answer on what is owed because it has been two decades and how am I supposed to remember my income. I just remember that it was so low that if you were married, you could go on welfare at the same time.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:24

come on people ...... i am so confused lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next