Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM's and opinions

+9
tinybubbles
acerman1234
Teentitan
DeeCee
PipperNavy
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
K9
dennismanuge
13 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

PM's and opinions - Page 3 Empty Re: PM's and opinions

Post by Teentitan Fri 18 Jan 2013, 15:49

Yeah have to admit it propat trying to find that 'moral line'. Sometimes I swear the only difference between organized crime and government is government meetings are on the tv.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 14:54

well id prefer them pay the tax peneties.i understand the other points and do agree but moraly speeking i am proud to pay my bills.i am proud to pay my tax.but paying tax penelties to the verry same people that created this ellegal policy NO FRACKIN WAY.if it was wallwart that robed us ok i see the point but it was the GOC witch means they are profiting from their illegal activities im not even sure if thats leagal in this country but i do know for sure its immoral.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 14:38

I'd like to see the GoC pay the legal fees. Exactly as teentitan says, then the interest would be meaningful. As it stands right now, the interest won't cover my fees, and I'll be getting back LESS than they stole from me (after accounting for all fees, taxes, etc).

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 18 Jan 2013, 13:40

I agree with Rex but if it was something I would prefer to see the GoC pay our legal fees.

That is like a double win. Our interest will really count and the feds pay which also means they are sorry.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 18 Jan 2013, 13:34

Maybe not damages per say, but something on top of simply returning the stolen money to compensate us for the fact we were screwed by our Governement. Maybe a sliding scale between $1000 and $10000 tax free, depending on how much you were affected by the clawback. it doesn't have to be much, but something
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 13:22

Big Rex, Did you really think that we would be getting damages, I know how you feel regarding the legal fees. Maybe the judge might lower them ? But for the majority of this class the deal is fair, good and realistically the most we could have expected from the Government .

Back to top Go down

Post by tinybubbles Fri 18 Jan 2013, 13:14

Thx now I don't have to wonder lol

tinybubbles
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 18 Jan 2013, 13:01

He is talking to me. I use the handle Bigrex because that has been a nickname that I've had for years while playing basketball. Rex was after Rex Chapman, who was a jumper, and since I had a 40 inch Vertical as a white guy, people made the connection. I have never hidden who I am, even if it isn't my username. I have spoken with Peter a couple of times, but he truly feels that this is the best deal he could have gotten, and I'm sure he is right, but only because the Government was likely stonewalling him. They should have stepped up and offered more than they did. Nobody has answered my question of what happens if the judge declines the proposal. Do we go to court? Does the judge simply say that the deal needs to be renegotiate to better reflect what he feels is fair? If it is the latter, but he approves it because class members right in that the deal is great, we will have only shot ourselves in the foot. What I will be writing is that the deal should have included several aspects that have been excluded ie: damages and exemption of any penalties for the entire class for past taxes, instead of having to request individually. The more people that write in similar letters, the more the judge may consider them, and speaking with Peter one on one will not achieve that goal.

And I am no longer able to work, and have been declared TPI by VAC. I am fortunate, as I am financially stable, but there are class members that will not get any future benefits from SISIP or VAC ELB, but because of their disabilites, may not be working, or only working at low wages. I've seen guys with the Commissionaires that are only able to work 2-3 days a week, but that is enough to disqualify them for benefits. For these Veterans, the lawsuit was seen as a way out, and by losing the amounts that they will with legal fees, taxes, and penalties, many will only half of what was owed.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinybubbles Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:38

Dennis are you referring to my name?

tinybubbles
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:28

Steve W, have you taken your info to a financial person that can help you understand

Are you still working? If so, who is your doctor, and are they doing everything they can for you. Dr MacKinnon in Halifax is awesome, she assists mainly vets, if you need better, more support.

I am not sure why you have not called me at any time since decision and clarification, but only resorted to this forum for help and answers, while being here in HFX, I would have gladly taken you to Peter's office with me at anytime for your benefit and understanding of the process.

I am shocked about this truly.

Everytime i was at the hospital where you worked, I always dropped by the booth to see if you were around just to say hi, see how you were doing. Only caught you once, but man, this is really wierd that you have an anonymous name on here....

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by tinybubbles Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:20

Sorry if this offends anyone it is not my intention..................I am a vet's spouse and like many of you I had a lot to deal with. Our spouses came home to many of us as strangers from all of the horrors of what had happened to them and others. Bodies and minds badly bruised and beaten. ( at least mine was) From time to time I see the man I married and feel ever so grateful. THis lawsuit was supposed to have helped make their lives better and maybe help heal a bit. The more I come here to get info and read what is happening with the lawsuit I am totally shocked. There is so much nastiness and meaness here. Not everyone is nasty but when you come on and all you see is dirt being flung it is hard to continue reading.....So maybe If the judge was to pop on here would he continue to read or stop...........just a thought. The lawfirm did what they thought was right, Manuge did what he could and it does not matter what you get it is still better than nothing. There options for everyone .............those that like the settlement and those that don't..... enough with adding further anxiety to the vet ......... my rant is over.
tinybubbles

tinybubbles
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:15

You know what they say. Anyone that resorts to swearing, is a small mind trying to make a big impression. Your rant leaves a far bitter view of Veterans than someone who simply wants what is owed to them. So, If you don't like people who post their opinions that the deal isn't as good as being touted, then please enlighten us as to why you think that it is a good deal. Explain how exactly that everyone in the class will benefit equally from the class action. And I do not accept, "It's better than nothing!" as a reason.

PS. please do so in a proper manner, without demeaning other Veterans and the forums by swearing or name calling.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:30

This forum makes me want to puke. I cant believe the bullshit crying over money bickering. Dennis should get this. Send your letters. Tell barnes this, say that. You all are f'd in the head. All of you should grow up and stop acting like children. Do you all see how pathetic you look. Bitching about money bitching about people. Like Dennis for example every interview I seen him on it looks like he liked the media and attention. Who gives a rats ass about who gets what. If he got all his expenses paid like it says in the court papers..what did he lose? Steak night at kelseys? please $50,000 is more then enough so all of you stfu. I cant believe how this place is such a sandbox for whiners. I post very little but come on to see whos crying every day an cant believe you all wore uniforms and let the public see how much you all look like fng idiots. its sisip discussion not the whiners club.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:14

Not sure what you mean by spotlight

Sounds to me two things, either jealousy, or know clue as to what your perception of "the spotlight" is, but seems to me you think I relished in it or something.

There was a job to do, I did it.

That earns me the right to ask individuals like you to not be telling me to "grow up, ", that is an insult, plain and simple...I don't even know who you people really are in most cases, or where you been while you served and since, what you may or may not have done to help yourself and maybe even other vets.

Everyone knows what I have done on this issue and others, that have/ will benefit thousands of people. Try re -reading the affidavits, tell me exactly where me and legal went wrong, or could have done better, but keep stupid, insulting comments out of my line of sight,

Or even better don't communicate with me or read my communications, because this is who I am, and mistakes and all we got us here....

Do your go forward math like I suggested last evening, might give some folks something positive to "dwell on"

Cheers

D

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:01

Fair enough, DCHD

D