Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

+2
Teentitan
rucksack031
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER - Page 3 Empty Re: CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:31

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:10

thanks robbie plans are set to iliminate the causway early in 2014lmao.

"ITS MY ISLAND"

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 08:55

You have improved young man gotta say not bad for an Islander lol, and how is that Cape Breton Liberation Army doing anyhow. Keep rocking brother whooahaaaaaaaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 08:50

great post robbie i hope everyone understands just how verry important this is and how much this can effect their future situation even though it may not effect them that much right now.

hey it looks like you spelled moast of the words correctly to but then again how the hell would i know im just going by my cape breton dictionary lmao.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 08:13

The whole Canadian Pension Plan Disability Benefit (CPPD) problem arises directly with the contractual issues involving our LTD benefits being withheld by the same organization that has asked several hundred disabled veterans to apply for this benefit that could have been a non-issue if the LTD benefit was honoured in the first place. However in stating the obvious SISIP needs to assist the veterans from the CLASS ACTION by assuming a huge portion of blame by denying those disabled veterans the ability to make contributions through a monthly LTD allowance. I am asking that my member of parliament advocate to the House of Commons that those effected veterans and their family’s be given special consideration by Service Canada CPPD and that SISIP LTD provide a letter stating that due to the LTD Benefit that the “said” veteran could not make yearly contributions.
IF OUR LAW TEAM WANT’s TO ASSIST THAT WOULD BE GREAT AS THIS IS ALL consequential FALL OUT FROM THE CLASS ACTION, and no PETER THIS IS NOT A SLAM on the outstanding work you have done, JUST A PLEA FOR HELP.
The reasons for applying are obvious, as of age 65/67 your SISIP LTD ends and you then receive a CPP Benefit which will be based directly on what your contributions have been. If you have not made any contributions since 2003 and it is now 2023 you are in a boat load of whale shit and sinking fast. Not only will you receive next to nothing you will most definitely kick yourself in the ass because you could have done something about it today. Children and all other matters play a huge part in your decisions to obtain a CPPD Benefit and if you are excepted then good for you and if you are denied at least you continue to receive your LTD allowance from SISIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 07:47

oiler the biggest reason for you to get cppd is that if freezes your cpp levels so you are not left with no cpp at the same time they take away your sisip ltd.

kyle your right of corse but if a man can no longer work it is my oppinion they appy for all the benifits they are entitled to then work on there rehabilitation.from what i here its a lot easier to come off cppd then get on it i think its just a matter of one phone call.this will keep many from ending up with nothing should they never recover ore after they recover their condition get worse as they will be able to get back on easier.it also provides some assistance for their rehab and retraining should they fall through the military cracks.

IF YOU CAN NO LONGER WORK PROTECT YOUR CPP AND APPLY FOR CPPD YESTERDAY.

propat

Back to top Go down

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER - Page 3 Empty Just My Thoughts

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 04:27

Maybe all this time spent on researching and applying for different benefits might be better utilized toward a rehabilition plan that actually gets the veteran back into the workforce and back to having a life. There are those who can't work, but can work part time. All mental Illness can be cured or the person can be rehabilited to the point of at least part time work. Staying home, collecting a cheque, destroys a persons well being and esteem. The newest industry in Canada is the disability Industry and I , a veteran , am glad they are cracking down. KyleRCR

KyleRCR, I respect your opinion to be a valid point in some instances. However, I do not feel that anyone in the general population of society has the right to pass judgement on such matters as a blanket statement of fact that if you are well enough to fill out forms you should be well enough to work. This is why there is such a heavy burden and stigma placed on Veterans when applying for benefits especially for men. Nothing hurts the ego more than feeling like you are receiving handouts. That goes against military training and pathos. The old military adage sick, lame and lazy comes to mind and has brought down a great many soldiers and their careers.

Does it require time and effort to prepare these documents, yes. Whom other than the injured be the ones to do it? Often times it is the spouse who carries this burden. Clearly the Government agencies will not assist. Their jobs are to receive, review and investigate each application on its merit and ultimately make a determination. It is a private matter between the applicant, their doctors and the Government of Canada.

Are there people in society that take advantage of the system? Yes of course. Are there safety measures set in place for investigating fraud? Yes and rightly so. No Government system works 100% in fairness in either direction.

I applaude you KyleRCR for your hard earned success at overcoming personal health struggles and the tenancity to rebuild your life as now you serve your community as a Police Officer. You see the best and worst of society each and every day.

I try to remember that everyone is at different places of healing and some may never get to the place you were able to.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:46

KyleRCR you are so right, I did try to work in a few deffente places and it did not work out. I finally fond my place as a fire fighter. They have dicsipline, esprit de corps and they giv themselve hartand soul to savelives and save personnal goods. It's part time and you do not hae to go unless you are on gard duty. Personnelly I can't do the hardstuff any more bu I can operate a ompe, chaines air bottlesandwork beind the front line. I will never be that man I was but I stll can be the best of what I am. What we do does not mater it's how we do it!!!! go out there find your place andbe the best you can Gerges

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:28

Maybe all this time spent on researching and applying for different benefits might be better utilized toward a rehabilition plan that actually gets the veteran back into the workforce and back to having a life. There are those who can't work, but can work part time. All mental Illness can be cured or the person can be rehabilited to the point of at least part time work. Staying home, collecting a cheque, destroys a persons well being and esteem. The newest industry in Canada is the disability Industry and I , a veteran , am glad they are cracking down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:17

Well I spent all weekend looking through boxes and files to find all my information to apply for CPPD. Copies of my medical release, VAC disabilities were all added to the CPPD application forms. I must have at least 30plus pages of info. I also spent the week writing everything down about how my injuries effect me daily. That memo itself was 3 pages long. Tomorrow I take the medical form to my 'mind spy' and will get him to fill out his CPPD paperwork form. Then its off to downtown Victoria to stand in line at the Government office so I can hand my application to a clerk so they can verify if I dotted all my 'i's and crossed my 't's.

Then all I have to do is pray that the magic CPPD wheel spins and lands on 'approved'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 21:37

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 21:01

You are most welcome Oiler. One other item to mention which has been a godsend for us as we had three in college at the same time. The monthly allowance for the children are individually for each and while they are working in the summer during school break, they also collect the allowance. I confirmed several times over the years and it always was the same answer, yes they continue to receive until the following Sept when you must resubmit with a confirmation of student enrollment. Hope this is helpful, you have a few years yet for university or college but it is good to know.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 20:56

Thank you very much That is good info
Something to get on to..
Cheers

CHIMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 20:50

Oiler, I will try to answer and if I miss something I hope others chime in.
Yes you have CTC - check
Yes you are Sisip TPI - check
Should you apply for CPP D - YES regardless of years contributing to CPP as exceptions are made as mentioned previously.
The benefit to CPP D is that you will receive an allowance for the children up until they reach 18. From that point on until the age of 25 if still in full time education program, they will individually receive approx $224 monthly with cost of living adjustments annually. Once they reach 18 your CPP D will be reduced. When you turn old enough to collect CPP your CPP D is rolled over and slightly reduced. Keep in mind the Old Age Security will kick in at 65 if the program is still around by then. Now all these benefits in conjunction with your military pension will be offset with Sisip LTD. I am not sure if it is dollar for dollar but you are still better off to apply. As well, at some point Sisip may request you apply sooner rather than later. Hope this answers your questions. There is a list of exceptions for fiing a CPP D application form in one of my posts from yesterday if you want to review. Keep in mind that you can use one or more of these acceptions and as with the military document document and make sure you write a thorough narrative of your illness and consequences on your family and yourself for Service Canada to read. Take care

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 20:40

Hey guys don't know much about CPPD.. so this is what i would like to find out please and thank you.. If i am on Sisup LTD tpi and have two kids 11 and 7 years old been out of service 3 years with 14 years, also have the disabiltiy tax credit approved already does it benifit me to apply ? i:e : Do i recieve any more money ? Does SISUP claw back all or any of the money for my kids at this age? And is there anything i am forgetting..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next