Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

+2
Teentitan
rucksack031
6 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER - Page 4 Empty Re: CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 19:33

Roger that sparrow, good luck on his application for CPPD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 19:17

Will's I do not believe so. It was his back and shoulder that caused the med release him hence Sisip did not deem him totally disabled and retrained him. In the interim, the nuetropenia and lymph nodes issues worsened. He was already diagnosed with nuetropenia while in the service but not for purposes of his release. I think we will be grateful for the CTC if we can get that at least. I will however encourage him to apply for the CPP D. One never knows based on his 13 years of neutropenia he may be approved. If not at least we tried. Thanks Will's

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 19:07

sparrow, is it possible for your husband to apply for CPPD only for the condition that he was released and not mention the other conditions? In other words, is his original illness enough to get him CPPD on its own?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:20

Sparrow ,

i applied roughly around June 2009 they backdated to Jan2008 , retro $24,500 .00 CF Pension reduced $ 345.00 per month , so i had to return about $ 5800.00 to the GOC for those 18 months .

But , overall now that CPPD is a monthly deposit we are far adead , & don't forget that all pensions including CPPD are indexed , so the sooner you start CPPD , the sooner it goes up,up,up,

For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:12

Thanks Nemo, I am reviewing the CPP D application presently.

The other point I was perplexed about is that sisip will not process a LTD claim going forward for my spouse as he was not released for the reasons with which he would apply for CPP D (in part). Reason being, the diagnosis although made while in the service was not the reasons for which he was released but have developed into a health concern. I would summize that many vets were not diagnosed until after med release for conditions that are related to military service. Just a thought as to potential loop holes in the system.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:30

I would say...have your hubby apply for CPP(D).

But before making app to CPP, be sure his disability is well documented and that he has a doc that will support him as too disable to work.

As for his military pension, it will be clawed back some on receipt of CPP(D). But he will still get considerably more money than he would without it.

So I say go for CPP(D). At the worst - he won't be accepted and then I say - try again.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 09:37

go to chat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 09:36

Yes actually ChiefD, I posted on the subject of CPP D guidelines. My question is in regards to the financial aspects of CPP D and military pension implications if approved.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 09:09

If there is more money in your household after he is receiving CPP d why not it is simple math? CPP D isnt easy to get did you look at their Definitions of total disabled. If a university professor can work at Macdonalds no Cpp(d) FOR YOU!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 09:03

Good morning, I have a quick question Robbie and Recon or anyone else who knows the answers. If my husband is not on Ltd going forward and only received his military pension 3b and our children are over the college years, would there be any benefit for him applying for CPP D. I was advised by Sisip that he could not apply for Ltd benefits beyond the two years that he is getting back as his new health issues (nuetropenia and Lymph Nodes) were not the reason for his 3B release in 2006. Secondly, there would have to be others who were released that developed health issues as a result of military service, how will Sisip deal with those clients? Thank you in advance for any advise.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 08:58

That is definately the right approach , in 2008 i submitted all 454 pages of my Medical Doc's & left no room for doubt , approved quickly , very clean .

In with the doc's , out with the money .....

For Country
Recon031
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 07:20

Thanks Bolt that was my intention as well, flood them with every detail imaginable and leave no doubt at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 07:15

When I applied for CPP-D, I knew that they would likely have me running around getting paperwork to justify my claim. What I did was since I already had a copy of my med docs from the CF, I photocopied every piece related to my benefits application and attached it to my application.

The way I saw it, is whoever was going to review my application didn't have any "wiggle-room" to deny me benefits given i just submitted every relevant medical document to back up the application. It worked because i was approved on the first application and other than needing a current medical interview, all my ducks were lined up so to speak.

I'm not sure how far back they dated my benefits, but i'm pretty sure it went from the date I was deemed "disabled" which was a at least a year pre-application. In fact, I think they initiated the benefits using the date on my medical release form as the date I became disabled as per CPP-D definition.

Good Luck!

Last edited by BoltAction308 on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 07:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to finish a sentence properly and fix typos :))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 06:21

REQUEST FOR TAXPAYER RELIEF RC4288 E (11)
from Sparrow is another avenue and it makes sense

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 06:16

Very good scenario RCN my only thoughts are what sparrow has said with regards to the Undue Hardships and if you have been reinstated (TPI) as totally disabled by SISIP and are now a recipient of a taxable LTD pension thus allowing to contribute into CPP where as due to your medical release 11 years ago you could not contribute. So contact Services Canada and make an inquiry. I do however have a question about anyone receiving a CF Pension and that is do we contribute into the CPP, never thought to look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next