Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you are a recipient of a LTD benefit and die tomorrow all your benefits cease. There is no “survivor or widow” benefit, and if you die in the middle of the month Manulife will put the remaining portion towards your estate.

+4
pteadams2002
Teentitan
DeeCee
dennismanuge
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If you are a recipient of a LTD benefit and die tomorrow all your benefits cease. There is no “survivor or widow” benefit, and if you die in the middle of the month Manulife will put the remaining portion towards your estate. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you are a recipient of a LTD benefit and die tomorrow all your benefits cease. There is no “survivor or widow” benefit, and if you die in the middle of the month Manulife will put the remaining portion towards your estate.

Post by dennismanuge Fri 25 Jan 2013, 15:06

Good point, but our case was to end the illegal clawback of the VAC monthly disability payment, not to change the whole contract as written, so I cannot imagine a scenario when or how this could have been on the table

Just like when I die, my wife gets my VAc disasbility pension for a year, then half after that, I could be wrong on exact wording, but you get the idea.

NOT OUR FIGHT, plain and simple.

D

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

If you are a recipient of a LTD benefit and die tomorrow all your benefits cease. There is no “survivor or widow” benefit, and if you die in the middle of the month Manulife will put the remaining portion towards your estate. - Page 2 Empty If you are a recipient of a LTD benefit and die tomorrow all your benefits cease. There is no “survivor or widow” benefit, and if you die in the middle of the month Manulife will put the remaining portion towards your estate.

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 14:29

If you are a recipient of a LTD benefit and die tomorrow all your benefits cease. There is no “survivor or widow” benefit, and if you die in the middle of the month Manulife will put the remaining portion towards your estate. This is straight from the horse’s mouth or whatever end you prefer to distinguish as the bearer of good news at MANULIFE.
Now we all know Recon was a top notch soldier and apparently he has become a bit of a sleuth and investigated this claim, being a good soldier he put forth his findings to Peter. Our law firm told Recon that this portion of SISIP was never part of the negotiations. I wish it was because I would have asked them at Manulife to amend this portion of 901102 to assist our family's call me stupid but I didn't Know. What would you have asked for troops, long term security?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2