Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

+2
Rags
Wife of a Veteran
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side! - Page 2 Empty Re: McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:58

Not following your logic, Steve

take 7.5% of 887 million, what do you get

Plain language, simple to see

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side! - Page 2 Empty Re: McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

Post by bigrex Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:54

I could agree to using future money that might be received to say that only 7.5% is being charged for the overall package, IF, the entire class were now entitled to future payments, even a minimal one. But I would estimate that at least five thousand members of the class or more will not even be entitled to apply for possible future payments, so the numbers are a little misleading.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:42

there are no legal fees deducted moving foward, period, if this settlement is approved by the federal court

the statement above is factually incorrect....our legal team is asking for 17.5 % off of RETRO ONLY,

which works out to be about 7.5 % of the total estimated value of the entire settllment ....

Please re-read the affidavits and settlement proposal before posting a statement that is untrue. An opinion on things is one thing but false statements are confusing an alredy, in some cases, confused group on this forum.

Thank you

Dennis

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:35

Greatfoot, the example given be Mc Innes opened a vey big can of worms, that should not have been said in the paper work. the fees are about 20% more or less a few points. that is only on clawback, in there explanation they were triing to show us how good the deal is! Unfotunatally they streched the demonstration over the long term. Bad idle, Paying a persentage on the futur payents was simply extrapolation, to demonstrate or present in a way that if we calculated it on the globle deal it would coust us only about 10% over all. It's a reasenable way o presenting the situation. Unfortunatally it was interpreted in many diferente ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:38

Georges, I understand that we will not be paying fees on the future money in the future, but rather, they have estimated how much we will get in the future and are billing us on those sums now.

My question is, how can they justifiably ask for us to pay fees on the future money, now or ever?

Perhaps I am missing something crucial here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:25

Ther ar no fees on future money! it was given as a example t lesson the effect's of the persentage taken on the true retros. Read thing over again take your time, read it whit the eyes of some body neutrl!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:17

I'm not following how there can be legal fees on 'future' money.

Honestly, how can that be charged?

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited out an EXTREMELY inflammatory remark.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 09:07

Don't forget people some VETS (lifers) had long careers in the forces and well lets face it maybe they already have a 75% pension so they get no, 0, Zero, top up. They worked for it 35 years.

While the ones that seem the happiest are the ones that get 75% of their pre release pay may have worked few years so ya their top up is 0 % - 75 %.

I am not saying this is wrong they were hurt in the line of duty and should be compensated.

Where does the lifers get compensated many of them worked with pain and suffering for years to get their max pensions.

But if the was no claw back they could have just got out instead of injuring themselves further.

You see they instead of killing themselves for an extra 5 % - 10% pension they could have got out and they would have still received a 75% pension.

Like myself for example if you don't get what i am saying. I finished with 26 years pension. But work my last 5 -6 years in extreme pain and no sleep. Why to make ends meet for retirement.

Or i could have gotten out at 20 years and got the same 75% pension.

52% plus 23% = 75% or

40% plus 35% = 75% same deal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 08:27

After all is said and done tax right offs and little interest i only go back just over two years.

But there are other VETS that may not work out so well.

I am hoping for equality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 02:48

Rags, we had no choice in what way we will pay the lawyers. This was Dennis's case and we were brought along for the ride. We have had Zero say in all of this, we have had no information for months, we still don't have a say and there is pretty much nothing we can do about it. We did not file the lawsuit Dennis did so we have Zero input on what happens.

We should though because it effects every single one of us and some more than others. I beleive the stink about the lawyers fees and the deemed taxes is legitimate because it takes a huge chunk of what we thought we were going to recieve. Morally it is so very wrong in every aspect imaginable, ethically also, but legally we get financially raped because we are powerless to stop it.

Plus I am sure there are very few people in here, myself included, who like to see people become multi millionares when we loose so much. The scales are tipped and not in our favor. I must say we do get some money back but it is not close to what we should have recieved if we got it when medically released from the CF. If there were a provision in this settlement which included undue hardship (to cover - divorces, bankruptcies, consumer proposals, ect) that are directly a result of the clawback then we would have had a WIN.

Right now its a win but after everyone takes their cut the Vet is left with little of their original Owed amount. And that stinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 28 Jan 2013, 19:32

Well Medic thats not how it works they are a business and we have a choice pay them by the hour or if they will take a case on contingency and we pay them 30% if they win and 0 if we lose. We could have if asked by people to chip in 500 each to build up fund to pay MC. Did anyone offer to Dennis to help pay? If a few had would chip in would it have been enough to pay MC to run this to trial? Not. so it is what it is. Dont be mad a MC be mad at us for not paying be mad at GOV for F us around.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 19:00

All lawyer should be paid on a per dium basis, this is crap.. Will any law firm even consider taking on any future class action, if they didn't think they'd be made millionaires? No!
Get ride of the 10 mil and return it to vets...
Get ride of uneducated prim donna Class Rep...
They are no more educated in the law then any one else...
Scratch this whole "deal"...
Incestuous?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:05

yes i am receiving monthly payment, i dont care if money comes future payments or from clawback, either way , yes i do think its fair because the dollar amount in this lawsuit includes futur payments .. lawyers should take the money that is owed to them at their own discretion........... lawsuit is not only about clawback... its about the future also, they won larger payments coming future not just for me but everybody who has a 901 policy.... why should they not get payed for our futur payments?????????"? they got me a bigger check, i have no problem the way they want to get payed....... if they want only 7% from clawback and 7% future so be it.... if they want it all now like we do, then winning this case for us certainly gives them a right to ask for their payments the way they want... lawsuit doesnt only involve what they taking from clawback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 17:46

Mfors222 ... You are entitled to your opinion about them getting 30%. and i am entitled to mine.

Mine is that i feel it's less than honorable to include money that has not even been paid out to us yet ... where do you draw the line???

BTW ... are you receiving monthly payments?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum