Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

+2
Rags
Wife of a Veteran
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side! - Page 3 Empty Re: McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 17:25

its free money to me .. i think it was fair what i was getting in the first place !!! yes they clawed us, but most people are already getting money from DVA, military pension, ccp, elb.... look at your average civi working hard all there life as a good citizen not hardly getting squat... come down to it i got paid when i was in the army and then i goit hurt.. i was very happy i was still gonna get paid from different sources after i got out...... 75% and doesnt matter were it came from... more than fair.... even with the clawback it was fair what they give to soldier .....

Back to top Go down

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side! - Page 3 Empty Re: McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 17:18

they deserve 30% of our future payments .... a deal is a deal.. we very lucky they ask for less... go to leave no vet behind look under FAQ and see under lawyer fees, it states they get ZERO if lose and 30% if they win.. its been there all long! why did you not opt out??? you still have a chance if you dont like their 17.83.... only after its all done and over with now you want to back out on agreement with lawyers?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:41

Mfor2222 ... You are right when you say that future payments will no longer be clawed back by the GoC ... But, the lawyers have calculated those future payments and want a cut of 7.5% of that ... So maybe you are not completely right then. looks like at least someone is taking a cut!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:39

good point bigrex i dont think anyone needs a slide rule to connect the cra to the goc ore vica versa.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:30

Well, the government saw fit to give the other class action out of court settlements total exemption from paying taxes, so it is not unreasonable for them to agree to waive any penalties on assumed taxes. It's not like we sued a private business that has no control over CRA. If the GoC lawyers say that we are except from paying tax penalties, on order from the PM, then CRA has no choice but to abide by the decision.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:21

well mfors in my oppinion we should get a tax break.not on our regular tax but on the tax penelties.i say we should not have to pay the tax penelties.and the law is the law and it can be used to avoid these peneties.these are all in the existing tax laws.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:10

DCHM you got 60 days to opt out if you dont like the reasonable rate lawyers are asking for.... taxes are taxes why should we get a break on this issue.... law is law class action or not.... all the other class action in history had to follow tax rules why shouldnt we?? denis fight is over,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:05

DCHD are you getting a monthly payment from sisip??? with all your futur payments not being clawed anymore why so bad????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 13:54

If they asked them they didn't ask the right people. They should have being asking the general public same fro damages.
Was there not a crime committed here??

Take your check from MC vote yes great deal and the \lawyers get the Payday and the GOC slowly reels the money back in.

End of story we lose or should i say we lost

And if you really think you won wake up you will see the number looks great on paper or may look great this year but wait until next year or when they make a change in the House. They will try their damnedest to screw us.

They are not finished with us yet time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 28 Jan 2013, 13:25

The Judge has the power to order GOC to pay if we ask (since our legal counsel did not) ....trick is ya got to ask. The GOV will never volunteer to do it.
The Judge does not have the power to change the Tax issue.
Aim your arrow well.
In Negotiations the lawyers never ask the other lawyers to pay there fees. It is the responsibility of the client to ask. In our case it would appear no one has crossed that bridge. Because its a class its a negotiation and that settles the main issue but as a class we are all clients and get to have a say as long as reasonable and within the law. Asking for proper person to pay our bill due to the obvious rightness of out cause and malice on the part of GOC is a factor he could impose on both sides or that side could say no and force it to trial. They wont! There not that stupid they know they will lose.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 28 Jan 2013, 13:21

The judge does have the power to assign costs, but only in extreme circumstances. This will be part of my arguments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Mon 28 Jan 2013, 13:10

I am pretty certain that the judge does NOT have the authority to make the GOC pay the lawyer's fees. That is part of the negotiations. It would be nice if the government would step forward and volunteer to pay them, but I am not holding my breath.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:12

I will be very happy if that occurred don't get me wrong. Im just looking at the balance of the probable and since we have only one arrow in the quiver i want to ensure it gets fired at right target since we only get one chance.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next