Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

+2
Rags
Wife of a Veteran
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side! Empty Re: McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:31

I really need this saga to be over. It's been a long and winding road getting here. The Judge will rule that the settlement is fair, only after adjusting the compensation of Legal. The taxes I hope will also be considered. We are a diminished part of society and the Judge will see that we require special attention.With all those "Canadians of convenience", and terrorist sympathizers that are constantly suing our government and winning settlements out of court, we are actually a group that deserves proper treatment. End this now by doing the right thing by us, the veterans that make our country what it is. My opinion.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side! Empty Re: McInnes Cooper will get Zillions and they deserve lots. The 3B medically released veteran will see 40% it is a total INJUSTICE. Stand Tall Vets and as you sit alone remember this poem. God is on your side!

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:09

JointTaskForceEx, I understand your thoughts and respect them immensely. Let's have some faith and see what Judge Barnes decides. Collectively we are better off financially now than we were previously. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:04

There is no surprises here this settlement is just as it is. A legal fee reduction is not happening and if it does it would be so little is would have little effect on the overall percentage losses the 99.9999% majority of disabled veteran will incur.
Lawyers get RICH (65000000.00 Million dollars) as it always is.

THE VETERANS GETS KICKED IN THE FACE WITH A 60% REDUCTION

This battle was for the veterans and the only ones that looses When we Won is the disabled Vets.
With one exception Dennis Manuge if he gets his stipend he alone will be the only disabled veteran that gets his fair share! Damn right he deserves it too!

BUT so do the veterans with their broken minds and/or damaged bodies!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:52

You know, only a narcissistic A-hole refers to himself in the third person, or have you created so many profiles that you have forgotten who you logged in as. Pathetic really. Can you not see that you overzealous defense of Dennis isn't required, nor do I believe he wants other class members harassed in his name. So go away and know that this will be my last interaction with you.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 17:56

Big Hex calls it like he sees it.Big Rex you did say and had problems with Dennis receiving any money from the lawsuit. Is this not correct of course it is, just read the older posts, it's there in black and white. But I am glad that you came to your senses with you voodoo Economics regarding the legal fees. We all pay the same and I am happy you admitted , like everyone was telling you all along , that this is the best deal ever!

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:54

Cool Steve, but I have been passing along my knowledge to vets since day one as I was learning myself

People also have to walk toward the light or the hand reaching out

Cheers brother

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:51

Dennis, I hold no ill will against you, but apparently this "big Hex" character must see me as a threat to his ideological view of you, just because we had had a difference of opinion. In my head I realize that we got the best possible deal that the government was willing to give us, but in my heart, which is the part that led me to sacrifice my body for my country, it still says that the deal could have been so much better if the Government truly appreciated the sacrifice the class made for this country. And I stand by my choice to voice that opinion. At least I'm not creating these hit and run profiles posting derogatory statement, from both sides of the arguement. and I will continue to post here and help Veterans deal with and understand the myriad of programs from VAC long after SISIP is a distant memory, and I hope you will as well Dennis, since as a 77% VAC client on EELB, I know you've had to deal with your share of bureaucracy, even without the crapstorm caused by the lawsuit, and you could pass along a lot of your knowledge to younger VAC clients.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 30 Jan 2013, 07:05

Not everything that needs to be said between myself and Steve need be done on a public forum, especially so if we are trying to figure each others points out and there is grey area...Steve and I have exchanged a few pm's which was necessary, from my perspective, to maintain mutual respect, understanding, and in some cases with Steve and I, to agree to disagree.

The simplest of postings can ignite a firestorm on this forum, let alone anything with any complexity to it.

Both Steve and I can look after ourselves and I hold no anger, animosity or anything else towards him...in fact I can safely say I respect Steve allot due to his showing up in court and at other media and veterans events

He is right to a point. My job is over as rep plaintiff, but it is not over, if I so choose to communicate directly with class members who treat me with respect.

As for my being inflammatory on this site, I bring you to teens (Ron's) posting "what the Hell"....

Some of you are getting a glimpse of why and how any one of us can get absolutely frustrated and even angry with what takes place on this forum. Yes I have been angry, yes I have been inflammatory, but that is due primarily to the inability of individuals to read what is in front of them, know the history, and their ability to way in with nonfactual speculation, way out to lunch numbers, etc...no apologies for that, I am human, and in most, if not all cases I have apologised where it was waranted...

If Steve, Ron, or any of you were sitting in my seat, I would bet dollars to donuts, you might have lost your cool a few times from 2003/04 until now...so Steve can hold his judgement of me and my mood until a, he is the rep plaintiff in a case that involves 7500 people, or B, discusses it with me personally. I am a normal human, disabled veteran like each of you...

If I let people walk all over me and my legal team....do you think we would be here right now, I THINK NOT!!!!

D

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 30 Jan 2013, 06:32

MFORS, I understand that a lot of the interaction between Dennis and I are open to public viewing, but I just don't understand why someone who isn't involved in the conversation would get so emotionally charged up because of it. Dennis has had far more inflammatory disagreements on this forums than with me. All I have done is voice concerns for those at the other end of the spectrum of class members, mild to moderate disabilities, at least in the view of VAC, and whose settlement is limited to 24 months of retro. You'd swear mama bear was out to protect her cub.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 03:04

bigrex if you having interaction with dennis , and those interaction are being done here on csat , i feel those conversation are not just between you and dennis, especialy if you putting things out there for all of us to read... however if you refering to conversations outside this forum i agree

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 29 Jan 2013, 23:18

Ok, I know you must have some sort of man crush on me but seriously brother, you need to stalk someone else. The number are not whack, as you so eloquently say it, sinc ethey come directly from the lawyers. Every class members will be losing 38% of their unpaid retro before they see a single penny of it, including the zero sum clients who have already been reinstated. 15.7% for legal fees, 2% (or more) of gross amounts for HST and disbursements, and 20% of gross amounts held back for taxes. That equals 37.7% (it could be more or less, depending on where you live), but for many, that percentage will be taken off their entire settlement, since they will not be getting years of future payments. Then add this money to whatever other income they earn, or add it to past years, and there will be additional taxes owing.

Would I have liked to see the Government pay the legal fees. of course I would have, and I won't stop advocating for them to step up to the plate until the payments are sent out. As for taxes, I have never said we shouldn't pay taxes on the retro owed to us, but the government had in its power during the negotiation process to minimize the tax burden by waiving any penalties for filing missed taxable money, instead of forcing the class to request the waiver on an individual basis.

As far as my interactions with Dennis, that is between Dennis and I. We may not agree on some things, but we have never been rude or vindictive against each other. I merely stated that his job as the representative claimant is done. He fought the good fight and is now getting paid for it. But because of that payment is tied into the settlement, it might be time for someone, who has a smaller dog in the fight, to step up and be heard.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 17:52

Big Rex, Man , you must be doing a double down on your meds because your figures are whacked ! First of all this is our leader , Dennis, talking to us do you really think that everything he has been threw he would lie to us about legal fees, not a chance, this guy thinks too much about pride and loyality, he is the class , he would never sell us down the river. Second, you have been against this deal from day one, you also believe our leader ,Dennis, doesn't deserve a cent, you said it would comprise him. So to me it looks like the only person you are looking after is Big Rex! Start thinking of the 93 percent of the class, the real disabled the zer sums like Dennis did. Stop questioning our lead plaintiff every chance you get, it starts to wear on us and stop firing up the class with your whacko legal fee numbers, even Dennis said its one thing to tell the truth but to throw out untruths, it's shameful

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:58

The numbers are correct, the amount given to the lawyers will equal 7.5% of the total package, but the entire class, or even half of the class, will not be given access to the full amount. Therefor, the majority are losing almost 38% of the only money they will get from the lawsuit, before they see a single cent, and probably lose another 5-20% of the money they will receive when they do their taxes. So for them, there doesn't seem to have been very many considerations taken with them in mind.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:46

That most of the prob;ems here it not get the whole understanding of what is being asked.
It starts to snowball quickly here if it not in black or white.

Some may not be wordjicated here and find thing hard to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:26

To complicated for mylittle head I understud that (the hole deal for the 7.5%) included payments in the futur but that te 17 or so% was to the clawback money only. Will discuss this in halifax maybe need a picture or drawing to get this sqaured of in my head. Sorr for earlier post but that is what I understude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next