Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer!

+2
Teentitan
Horseman
6 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer! Empty Re: Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer!

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 17:46

VAll, you can't appeal YET because the judge has not made his ruling. Once he rules you CAN appeal.

Back to top Go down

Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer! Empty Re: Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer!

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 17:33

An further - received a contact from MC confirming the receipt of my letter. Peter told me I cannot appeal - yet. So really 1 get puzzle with the law - what I can do or opinions that reach me on what I can cannot do - I am not a lawyer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 17:25

Please decipher me this text for me:

SETTLEMENTS
334.29 (1) A class proceeding may be
settled only with the approval of a judge.

(2) On approval, a settlement binds every
class or subclass member who has not
opted out of or been excluded from the
class proceeding.

APPEALS
Individual questions
334.31 (1) A class member may appeal
any order determining or dismissing the
member’s claim in respect of one or more
individual questions.

That is what I did I had 3 individual questions

That is from the Federal Court Rules - Looks to me like an appeal - Can I be enlightened - I just don't know

VALL2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 17:20

Vall you cant appeal ...you never could....only the Plantiff and his Lawyers and Steve Troope and his Gang could have did that ....!

Class members accept what unfolds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 17:16

I realized that - that is why I put my picture online...

The last think I want to do is to start an appeal -

I looked at some class actions Settlement (Indian Band in Alberta) and they did appeal the settlement they won. If fact because anyone can appeal to the court of appeal - any order given by a judge. A the judge will order the settlement. corrected me if I am wrong).

Will see, the Judge receive my letter, and i hope to received his comments, if his has some to convey to me.

Cheers

Vall2012

Last edited by Vall2012 on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 17:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 06 Feb 2013, 16:22

I'm smiling vall2012 and I apolagise to you for posting your name yesterday

hopefully some of this information is helpful to you because iit is a little late in the game for sub classes and or appeals

unless you opt out

This is not personal, never was, and will not be in the future

But if a guy like me can put two and two together, find your name in a public space, then you can bet that just about anyone could do same. If privacy is important to you, think about a nickname that has no relation to your actual name

We monitor the site, and so does GOC, VAC, DOJ, DND, SISIP, etc....

This is not meant in any way in a disrespectful tone or manner, only from someone who has had his own privacy breached by the GOC, had my family members privacy breached etc...

The difference is I accepted this consequence as something likely to happen.

Warm and respectful regards

Dennis manuge

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 15:49

Dennis
Looks pretty short to me - Are you shure they haven forgot anything ?

Vall2012
Have a smile at least...

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 06 Feb 2013, 15:43

27. Class members are deemed to provide a release in favour of the Defendant in the following form:

IN CONSIDERATION of the Defendant's agreement to the terms of this Order, each Class Member DOES HEREBY RELEASE and forever discharge the Defendant and its officers, directors, employees, agents, parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors, and assigns, jointly and severally, from any and all losses, damages, debts, liabilities, costs, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, and demands whatsoever which the Class Member ever had, now has, or which the Class Member or his or her heirs, executors, successors or assigns may at any time in the future have against the Defendant by reason of or resulting from the Offset excepting any entitlement to increased CPI benefits payable under sections 22, 23, 42, and 44 of Section 111(Cool of SISIP Policy 901102, but including all claims raised or capable of being raised in this action.

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 09:30

Vall...thanks i get your point. Take it easy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 09:19

Sorry Wild Ridge
About the ATM if you withdraw
20.00 it cost you 2.00 its 10% in admin fees
for
2000. it cost you 2.00 its 0.10 % in admin fees
The more you withdraw the less admin fee you pay

Its a bad analogy, I admit, I had too much in my head yesterday and will keep quiet now

Cheers

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 08:48

Why not ask for a CAPPED AMOUNT ? A precentage to a capped amount!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 08:25

Vall...just read your post and your ATM example. If I go to an ATM and withdraw 20 dollars it costs me 2 dollars in fees. If I withdraw 200 dollars it still costs me 2 dollars in fees. In this settlement I will be paying approx. 25,000 in legal fees on my "withdrawal" whereby others will pay more or less on their "withdrawals" so I don't understand your analogy. I believe that no matter how we approach this issue we will never be able to fully accommodate all members as the range is too great. I , for one, would gladly be in the position of only receiving 2 years of settlement if I had a semblance of my health back. Trust me, the 1525 I now receive monthly is just not worth it. I could be making a heck of a lot more if i was able to function in the workplace and I would be a much happier individual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Horseman Tue 05 Feb 2013, 23:09

Gentlemen...all well deserved and earned commentary and hopefully we can maintain and direct our focus on those who perpetuate the mistruth that we won't dare stand for one another regardless of who the enemy might be. You or whoever you are who've chosen to divide us take notice we won't be divided!
My personal and humble thanks to those who've Pm me and those who've kind public comments , I will leave you with this thought...it took one man to lead us into this theatre and one to have unselfishly endured the early threats of probable consequence and ridicule. God bless to one other of that stature, Cst. Buote, (rip) who would have been a very active respondent in all that has happened to him and his brethren within our proud military and his calling the RCMP. I stand with both of you as I have a sense of what it is to be rejected by those who we serve. So Gentlemen and Ladies,,, and particularly, Mr. Manuge and Cst. Buote's family, please accept my grateful and humble thanks for being that one person who took it upon himself to be heard on this very personal and sensitive issue. As I've said from the first time I found this forum,, its takes a special breed to expose him/herself to an uncertain future once defined, but many of us here appreciate your heartfelt plight for your family and for justice realized. There can never be anything said or heard that would influence my opinion to the contrary. Perhaps one day some of us can meet somewhere to say thank you in person, Mr. Manuge and in spirit, Mr. Buote!

Horseman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:57

OK Sparrow - Thank you for your kind works

Good night

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:53

First of all, no member of the forum should have their real name posted on here, unless they are doing this themselves. Dennis, even if there is a name registered on the federal courts sight, that document not link that name directly to a specific profile on here, as Vall, could have been an indicator of having spent too much time at Valcartier, instead of his name. Secondly, it was the lawyers who publicly stated that they are charging 7.5% of the overall compensation package. Then they said that since they are only seeking payment from the retro, they decided to use 15.7%, plus the 2% for costs and disbursements. They cannot claim to seek two different percentages from the lawsuit, one in public and one in the courts. So they either charge each member 7.5% of what they will receive from SISIP, or tell the media that they are seeking 17.83% of retro, and see how the public views the truth. And BTW, the way they are calculating fees now, the longer you have been disabled, the more you will pay. When you compare one Vet who is owed 20 years of retro, but will be turning 65 in five years, versus another class member who has been disabled for only 5 years and is looking at getting another 20 years of future payments from SISIP. I thought this lawsuit was so that all Veterans would be treated fairly, but this doesn't seem fair to me.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum