Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer!

+2
Teentitan
Horseman
6 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer! - Page 8 Empty Re: Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer!

Post by dennismanuge Tue 05 Feb 2013, 13:52

Well said Horseman...wow, very refreshing to see and hear from someone who see's the global picture of the whole kit and kabudal for lack of a better saying.

I will, at every opportunity keep plugging for the RCMP and a stop to any further foolishness from the GOC.

Warm Regards
Dennis Manuge

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer! - Page 8 Empty Re: Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer!

Post by dennismanuge Tue 05 Feb 2013, 13:38

Tracker, you are factually incorrect, my friend. Re-read proposed settlement and it is in balck and white, no fees moving forward, period.

Your not seeing what is plainly written, you are making an extrapolation and creating something that isn't there.

The way it is written in the proposed settlement and affidavits says, they are asking for approx 7.5% on retro only, which would work out to about 17.5% of the estimated total value of the settlement as it is known today.

I respectfully ask that you re-read material and or have someone who has re-read it several times to assist Tracker with what is actually on paper.

Respectfully

Dennis Manuge

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:48

Dennis, Thanks for all you have done. on your comment about the lawfirm not wanting to deduct legals fee's moving forward.... that is incorrect ... they don't want to "wait" wait and take 7.5% off our moving forward ... they want to estimate what we might make and take their cut out of our retro.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:38

Folks
The retro number would be a known and finite number. The going forward would be more of an estimate as I posted on another thread, because more troops can fall into the category when releasing if they had a monthly VAc disability pension payment prior to Apr 2006...Our legal folks are only asking for fees based on retro amount, and NO THEY ARE NOT DEDUCTING OR WANTING TO DEDUCT LEGAL FEES MOVING FORWARD.

The GOC, SISIP, DND, DOJ know very well the exact numbers of individuals and most estates by now... going backwards, what they do not know is how long each of us will live or be drawing monthly LTD benefits moving forward, so it is impossible to put an exact dollar on the FUTURE PAYMENTS.

Again, I encourage folks to write, if it is not too late, or show up, but make sure Peter, the court or somebody knows your intentions. They do have to have a schedule set up, I would think.

Cheers

Dennis

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:54

what i dont like is 50,000!!!! its like the lawfirm saying hey dennis you got us 65 000 000 heres a nickel good boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:34

SISIP or McInnnes Cooper don't even know the final totals, how can they estimate 424 million dollars plus interests???

Back to top Go down

Legal Costs must be substantially shifted; No Brainer! - Page 8 Empty MORALE VICTORY

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:26

I remember a political cartoon in Sept, Oct.
Showed a vet wearing a whiskey barrel as clothing and a lawyer in a suit with an over stuffed brief case of cash. Caption was from the lawyer to the vet. "Yours is a Morale Victory"
Wish I could of found it to post, Picture is worth a thousand words, would have been nice to send to the judge.
I wish I could travel to meet Dennis, but getting ct scan tomorrow for brain tumour.
wish you all well on the 14

Last edited by Maxed Out on Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:34; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : my wish)

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 09:08

so my first guess that the total amount did not include future amounts, as stated on page one is incorrect,

it does not guess to value the repayment and future payments on the presented amount being in excess of one billion..
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 09:07

copied from the lawfirms january 9th letter ;

Proposed Agreement
The estimated total value of the proposed settlement is up to $887.8 million. This includes $424.3 million in retroactive payments, which in turn includes $82.6 million in interest.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 08:58

puddle their is a veriety of factors that are concidered.the main ones being work done,quality of the reprisentation and risk.as far as everything ive read these seem to be the big ones.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 08:52

Face it Puddles the legal firm deserves 10s of millions in fees .....but capping it at 20-25 million is more than just! Not 65.000.000.00

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 08:50

the 887 million is a government figure ....if you discover the actual break down to answer your question please post here ..i dont think many know...

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 08:49

and a second question,

wasnt the entire fee proposed supposed to represent the actual time, expense and effort made by the firm?
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 08:48

question,

if the future amounts are being forwarded as an amount to be claimed on for fees, legal, taxes, does this not pass the one billion mark ?

as the current calculated repayment is in excess of 800 million not including future reinstated amounts,

or does that include all future payments calculated off of combined ages to age 65?
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 08:45

Some wants a cap at 25 million in fees and more for Dennis ...I think 20 million is wonderful and more for Dennis is in order!! Can you imagine 50 grand for making the legal firm tens of millions of dollars ....Even if the veteran losses most of the settlement due to legal fees ....it better than nothing i guess:( ....but 50,000 is an insult to him too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next