Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

+5
RCN-Retired
peep
bigrex
Rags
MaggieinNB
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! - Page 5 Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 13 Feb 2013, 09:57

It's pretty straight forward... we pay the most because we recovered the most.
I would be extremely unfair if those recovering less were paying the same amount. We also win the most with the going forward payments.

The only thing I don't like about this deal is that there were not better income tax compensation put in place. But it is still a win, especially for those with going forward payments , and I hope most people are able to put some in RRSP's to minimize the tax hit for this year.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! - Page 5 Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 09:46

ya i can through out stuff like 7.5% top end on retro only.ore say they should apply the deemed tax calcs to each persons retro and pay them that ammount tax free but im sure there are easier and faster ways.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 09:42

ya call i think roughly the same.as far as the impilmentation of the fees (not the percentage)i think its being done as fair as possible.now as far as deemed tax goes personally effecting me im not sure being a 5 year guy but since 2 years retro on cppd after they did the calcs i had to take it in that one year.im sure i will have to take this in one year.so i will be affected although not as much as many.boys these long term guys need some sort of protection.there are many ways this can be done and i hope it happens.

propat

Back to top Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! - Page 5 Empty WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 09:29

I think its because we are the cash cows, in this case, and if, MC asked, the other members of the class to pony up equal shares , this proposal would meet with alot more No votes.

The legal fee structure MC is currently seeking, as I can muddle through, basically is , saying there is value in the work they did, to get ongoing payments for LTD to age 65, or 67, therefore we ask for this fee now, and we will not deduct legal fees from future payments. Thats discriminitory, to Long retros, , as we have been asked to pick up most of that tab. Just my view.

The long retros will, as I have hammered this point, will be put into a position of heavy deemed taxes, that the 2 years, members will not feel the pain. therefore No, or little resistance to this deal, from that group of members from the class.

I dont have the numbers for how this class breaks down , ie 2 years, short retros, long retros or other , but 1 thing I have noticed is the Long retroactives, appear to be , being used and abused. I may be wrong but dont think so.

I think MC has accessed, where the most money will come from , who are the majority , and how to please them.
I have accessed this deal from the view of a Long retro Vet and have decided its far from a great proposal for us, but I can see how its a great deal for the 2 years, and a so so deal for short retros, 5 years or less. Do I need to go back on my Meds.

Last edited by Call of Duty on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 09:59; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo,)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5