Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

+5
RCN-Retired
peep
bigrex
Rags
MaggieinNB
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! - Page 2 Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 15:24

To expand on what Rags has just said, and to further a question in my head:

Let me throw out some arbitrary numbers to help illustrate my question.

Let's say that I am not zero-sum.
I received $1500/month from SISIP pre-clawback.
Now I receive $3000/month from SISIP post-clawback.

In the settlement calculations, are my fees based on the total sum (3000) or on the partial sum (1500) going forward.

If I live another 20 years, am I paying fees on $360,000 (20yrsx12mosx1500) - the amount that the lawfirm 'won' back for me, or am I paying fees on $720,000 (20yrsx12mosx3000) - my 'total' monthly award from SISIP?

Does anyone have an answer to this question? Because if I am paying fees on my gross amount, that's downright wrong, given that they only actually got half of that 'back' for me.

I would like an answer to this, thanks.

Last edited by Greatfoot on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 15:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! - Page 2 Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by Rags Sun 17 Feb 2013, 14:13

Dont forget all the non zero sums. we are the big money calculation that is not in the cards fully understood yet.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:47

Peep, there will not be very many future 3b releases that will be part of the class. Most people that are still serving that have been injured to the point of being medically released will have fallen under the NVC and therefor not part of the class. This is obviously not withstanding the result of the pending class action to revert to monthly pensions, as the lump sum is discriminatory against younger Veterans and provide them with less financial stability.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:34

13 tears to 65 and I am receiving 1525 gross per month from SISIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 01:04

BOHICA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 00:20

Man oh man............ Thanks Peep

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 16 Feb 2013, 23:53

That is what they have asked for. 7.5% of all possible monies not received yet. They estimate all the zero summed will live to 65, their will be so many new 3b releases, and all their monies are calculated to get their high figure.

I does not take into account some of us will die before 65, and that most of us will get CPP D which will lover our claim. They want it all, and for us to pay their taxes too. I am from Alberta, and I do not have provincial tax, but I will have to give them everything I might get to 65, and what others released might get up front, plus pay their provincial tax.

Not a good deal at all.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 23:32

Could someone please explain, in simple terms, what the "going forward" fees means? How can they charge for money that has not been rec. yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 16 Feb 2013, 15:56

15 years but told not to expect more than 5
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 15:30

18 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:35

Twenty years till 65...

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:33

The legal fees need to be dropped to 10% including the 2.83% disbursements so Zero Sums don't have to pay out of pocket. At this time I am routing for the GOC to pressure the Judge to lower the legal fees. If this happens and I don't have to pay out of pocket then I think this settlement will be fair.

Here's hoping I make it to 65.

Last edited by Redfisher1 on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:29

Hubby is 12 yrs til 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:24

13 years to 67. Is this new retirement date of 67 years old that the government approved is it going to change our Ltd end date anyone now?? thanks I am a sister , Sue aka Frankie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:41

10 years to 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next