Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

+5
RCN-Retired
peep
bigrex
Rags
MaggieinNB
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! - Page 2 Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 00:20

Man oh man............ Thanks Peep

Back to top Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! - Page 2 Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by peep Sat 16 Feb 2013, 23:53

That is what they have asked for. 7.5% of all possible monies not received yet. They estimate all the zero summed will live to 65, their will be so many new 3b releases, and all their monies are calculated to get their high figure.

I does not take into account some of us will die before 65, and that most of us will get CPP D which will lover our claim. They want it all, and for us to pay their taxes too. I am from Alberta, and I do not have provincial tax, but I will have to give them everything I might get to 65, and what others released might get up front, plus pay their provincial tax.

Not a good deal at all.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 23:32

Could someone please explain, in simple terms, what the "going forward" fees means? How can they charge for money that has not been rec. yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 16 Feb 2013, 15:56

15 years but told not to expect more than 5
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 15:30

18 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:35

Twenty years till 65...

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:33

The legal fees need to be dropped to 10% including the 2.83% disbursements so Zero Sums don't have to pay out of pocket. At this time I am routing for the GOC to pressure the Judge to lower the legal fees. If this happens and I don't have to pay out of pocket then I think this settlement will be fair.

Here's hoping I make it to 65.

Last edited by Redfisher1 on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:29

Hubby is 12 yrs til 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:24

13 years to 67. Is this new retirement date of 67 years old that the government approved is it going to change our Ltd end date anyone now?? thanks I am a sister , Sue aka Frankie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:41

10 years to 65

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:30

Make a poll, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years 20 years
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:28

22 years until 65

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:25

Since we are paying for $450000000 in future money, it would be nice to know exactly how they came up with that number. The lawyers said that there are only 1000 zero sum members that are eligible for reinstatement, add that to the members who were not zero sum but still getting SISIP until 65. There will likely be very few future members of the class, if any, because I highly doubt anyone with a disability severe enough to be medically released, let alone deemed totally disabled, would have been collecting a PA pension for 7 years before being released. The lawyers also said that there are less than 200 of those members who's future payments equal 75% or more of their benefit. So that means that the majority of zero sum members have more years in retro than they will get in the future. So I have to ask, where is all this money going?

So here is a question. Of the members on here. How many years of future payments are you entitled to?If the lawyers won't tell the info we want, maybe we can try yo figure it out ourselves.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:53

Too true, Chief, ask sisip what happens if you don't apply? They cut you off!

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:47

I was called by a SISIP CM yesterday who informed me that I have been approved for going forward but they want me to apply for CPPD. I was denied CPPD about 10 years ago but they have stated they want me to reapply. So if I am approved this time, why would I be expected to pay legal fees on my going forward money when there is a chance very little will be collected from SISIP? The deal was the clawback funds and thus the fees should be structured that way, as paying legal fees on future funds with many variables, death, CPP, employment etc. is certainly not the clear way. In my view the lawsuit total should have remained at the retro $430 million, as the future potential $450 million is just that "potential" and therefore will most likely never all be paid out. MC has confused the issue by counting the full $888 million (much of which is potential funds) and their 7.5% of the total making it I believe in their view palatable to the judge, public and veteran. But hey the sun is out, the sky is blue and life goes on.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next