Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Leassons Learned From SISIP Action and lets Help our RCMP Brothers

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Our Leassons Learned From SISIP Action and lets Help our RCMP Brothers - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Leassons Learned From SISIP Action and lets Help our RCMP Brothers

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 16:13

There may be lessons learned from our experience, but I don't know that there will be the opportunity to apply them.

Here's what I think, the government of Canada fast-tracked our case, because there is a shit-load more of us than there are RCMP. Knowing that, they knew that if they went to court, they would get ass-raped. So, they settled as soon as they knew the situation was hopeless, managing to wrangle a pennies-on-the-dollar settlement. We got royally screwed, and are continuing to get screwed. But as there are less Mounties, the government can afford to stonewall them, and delay them into the poor house until they up and quit. The advantage that we had was that there was a HUGE potential pay off that gave litigators the incentive to pursue the case. I don't see that being the way things are going to go for our brothers and sisters in scarlet. Don't forget, the government learned lessons as well.

Just my thoughts, and as per normal, they're probably way out to lunch, but I am accustomed to that.

Back to top Go down

Our Leassons Learned From SISIP Action and lets Help our RCMP Brothers - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Leassons Learned From SISIP Action and lets Help our RCMP Brothers

Post by Rags Thu 21 Feb 2013, 15:36

It is a mute point now but actually the class action law books say that even with different defendants and in this case policy under writers they fit perfectly into our class action. The reason is that it is the same Defendant GOVERNMENT just different departments and same Policy administrator SISIP. Many Class Actions with greater differences then these have been grouped together due to the plaintiffs having same basic issue with same base of Defendant. The similarities and common ground are almost identical less the under writer who in both cases are just insurance companies of convenience, SISIP (government org) is real controller.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 21 Feb 2013, 15:12

Rags I don't think the RCMP could have been a sub-class of our lawsuit. First it's a different insurance company (Great West) and a policy holder. Ours Minister MacKay, them Minister Toews.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Our Leassons Learned From SISIP Action and lets Help our RCMP Brothers - Page 2 Empty Our Leassons Learned From SISIP Action and lets Help our RCMP Brothers

Post by Rags Thu 21 Feb 2013, 15:07

With our deal basically in the bag less all the crying. Maybe we should concentrate while we wait to help the RCMP with painful lessons we have learned from our Action.

That said they are already getting the shaft as under the rules for Class Actions they should have been a sub class with in our Law Suit.
So I for one think its time to get over to RCMP thread and start to help them out with key issues. Like

Having whole class involved at early point. Understanding the actual argument for the win and ensuring the class directs the lawyers to negotiate a full settlement or do the court dance. etc etc.

Huge issues on fees and tax implications.......

We have learned allot being first out of the gate lets help them.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2