Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECORDED ENTRY ( IES ) FOR T-463-07 FOR PUBLIC VIEWING , AS NOTED TODAY WITH REGARDS TO OUR CASE , A NEW ENTRY ......

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RECORDED ENTRY ( IES ) FOR T-463-07 FOR PUBLIC VIEWING , AS NOTED TODAY WITH REGARDS TO OUR CASE , A NEW ENTRY ......  Empty Re: RECORDED ENTRY ( IES ) FOR T-463-07 FOR PUBLIC VIEWING , AS NOTED TODAY WITH REGARDS TO OUR CASE , A NEW ENTRY ......

Post by peep Wed 03 Apr 2013, 13:58

Very well put
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

RECORDED ENTRY ( IES ) FOR T-463-07 FOR PUBLIC VIEWING , AS NOTED TODAY WITH REGARDS TO OUR CASE , A NEW ENTRY ......  Empty Re: RECORDED ENTRY ( IES ) FOR T-463-07 FOR PUBLIC VIEWING , AS NOTED TODAY WITH REGARDS TO OUR CASE , A NEW ENTRY ......

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:34

100% agree with trooper above comments! Well done Vets!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:33

RCN.
I read your email that you sent to the Judge, well done. It is now registered so he should get to read it.
Hopefully he will get back to you in regards to your letter you sent to him, via MC, to confirm to you that he did indeed receive it.
And thanks for addressing our concerns.

BetterDayz / Propat,
Thanks for all the work that you have put into the letter, given to Mr. Mulcair.
I will be keeping and eye, on question period.
You all are making our family here at CSAT, stronger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 09:17

k-9 you are so right we will get there fighting one battle at a time with the realization that with an honest and moraly correct government that their would have been no need for a fight at all.

allways question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 09:05

RCN and Better Days,
Excellent job!

All this is becoming a huge stress for alot of the Class! Merci mille fois de votre implication.
Thank you a thousand time for your implication.

Hoppefully, JB will take action on the need of the class to have all this moving forward.

All the time this is taking as a reason and I think we will all be the winners out of this.

Next battle: The tax issu!

Cheers.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 08:48

Edit: I didn't read RCN-Retired's post with his letter to the judge when I originally posted. The court did confirm letters will still be accepted.

Last edited by pigeons.ca on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 13:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 08:45

thanks nav im thinking it doesnt really matter if the subject is very important ore not sometimes it doesnt get hered but sometimes just sumtimes it gets some play if it happens in the right place.im hopeing these questions get asked durring question period some of thoes seem to get some coverage.

betterdayz i cant thank you enough

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 08:08

Nice letter, Propat, or should I say Propat the poet! Lets hope Mulclair pulls his weight and gets this circulated in government circles, we need an answer soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 08:06

RCN, your J.Humphrey, or should I say Chief! Excellent letter and after 7 weeks something has to be coming soon, I believe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 05:54

betterdays thanks a lot buds i can only imagin how much pain you are going through now.i beiliving having these questions placed in his hands by someone he respects rather than recived in the mail by someone he never hered of was the best way however im sorry it had to be you.i know its really difficult for you to do much of anything right now and hope your next opperation provides you with some relife.i think we all owe you a great deal of gratitude i for one am verry greatfull and im hopeing we see these questions in question period soon.

thanks again buds get some rest.

allways question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

RECORDED ENTRY ( IES ) FOR T-463-07 FOR PUBLIC VIEWING , AS NOTED TODAY WITH REGARDS TO OUR CASE , A NEW ENTRY ......  Empty As well - The Mulcair letter was delivered

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 04:33

Email #1

Hi Bro:
I met with Tom Mulcair this evening and personally gave him your document. I added your name and telephone number in case they wanted to pusue the matter with you.

Here is the revised copy I gave him. Now, we will wait for the response. I attached my business card to the document, but you are welcome to contact him directly if you want to follow-up on the matter.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for some positive results.

EMAIL #2

Thanks Bro, your help and stance, is just another weapon in our arsenal. I, and on behave of ALL Veterans, Thank You and we truly appreciated the efforts you have done for the Veteran community. Veterans have reciprocated, and "Payed it Forward" with our efforts and sacrifices for you and the citizens of this nation.

I know things got lost in translation, timings, plans etc..I don't believe that I would or should be the go to person, rather the originator of the document should be the contact, with regards to that document and or any further discussions going forward would be him, thank you. May you pass on to Mr Mulcair the contact person at the end of this email so that they are the main contact not I, again thanks!

So that is what 2 doctorates gets you, some serious action with the players at the big table, crazy, that and being in the game a very long time.

Heartfelt Thanks again Dr Makuto!! if we are not satisfied with the action/in-actions... WE are sending you back and we both know even your MP friends are scared of you, LMAO.

LOL at the Business Card, you are unforgettable, I am confident. lmoo!!!

On a side note when is dad coming home any idea, snowed here yesterday and today, so maybe not in any rush, lol

Love Your Little Brother
Scott

The Letter that was given to Mr Mulclair ...Yesterday

QUESTIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THIS GREAT NATION

1. Sir, we are aware that the Canadian Forces Personnel and Family Support Services (SISIP) class action and the sister, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) law suit are technically not the same but ethically, morally and in principal they are. Why is the Government of Canada (GOC) still fighting the RCMP in the courts over this issue and not doing the honourable thing?

2. Sir, for these disabled vets to be made financially whole again you would have to pay them back the disability payments you wrongfully withheld from them, a nominal interest rate and a true notional top up. You can never make these disabled vets whole again, but financially whole was possible. Why did this government not give instruction to its legal team with a moral line to make these vets financially whole again?

3. Sir, legal fees and damages were also tools available to the government negotiators to help make these disabled financially whole again. Why were none of these offered?

4. Sir, in this deal your legal team negotiated these disabled vets are paying higher tax rates than they would have if given their disability payment when they should have received them. For many, the tax rates are far higher. It seems the more disabled the vet is, and the longer this government has not been paying him his disability payments he/she was legally entitled to, the more he/she is penalized for your illegal activities. I find this very discriminatory against the most disabled of our vets. This government should not engage in discriminatory activities against its most disabled vets nor should it profit from its illegal activities as this deal ensures will happen. I'm not sure if it is even legal to profit from illegal activities in this country but i can tell you with all certainty its not right. For these vets effected the most by this claw back the QRLSP payment calculations are of no help as they will lead to the vet paying more than the highest tax rate in the nation so they have to claim all of their retro all in one year bringing them from their normal rate usually the smallest tax rate in the nation to the highest. For these same vets the 3.27% simple rate given in the deal for tax implications does very little to help. the best thing we can do for these disabled vets right now in regards to this tax issue is for the GOC to give each class member a letter for the CRA instructing then not to charge these vets deemed tax, interest ore tax penalties. Will this government provide this letter?

5. Sir, the vets legal team is asking an obscene amount for legal fees approaching 66 million. They even back up their claim to this amount by using not only similar cases, but in most of their examples, cases that are not even close just to show an artificially exaggerated average of approximately 22.5%. Now some disabled and emotionally challenged vet seen what they were trying to do and took the law firms own numbers and calculated the average legal fees paid witch was approximately 5,330,000 a far cry from the approx 66 million being asked. I'm wondering if a lone vet with the challenges he/she faces can see what's going on and figure this out with a pad of paper and pencil why, with all the resources at the hands of the GOC, could they not do this? I'm sure the GOC has at least one calculator and at least one person that has the ability to use it. Why ,when asked by a federal court judge, did the GOCs legal team not provide a counter to the legal fees asked for by the vets legal team?

6. Sir, there was a bursary fund added to this deal witch we have a few short questions about. Is your lead negotiator Stephen Toope? Is the chairman of the board for the organization chosen to manage this fund AUCC also Stephen Toope? Is their any other organizations in this country that could have managed this fund? Were any others considered? What were the criteria used for selecting the fund manager?

8. Sir, we have yet to here an official apology from the government and would like to know if their will be an official apology forthcoming?

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION SIR
FROM THE PEN OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIERS all of us vets, disabled and yet still fighting
PRO PATRIA

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 03 Apr 2013, 01:30

My fellow veterans no new "Intel" as Navrat would say but in reading many of the comments and sensing a growing frustration and after reading a week ago the email contact information posted by Sparrow I submitted an email this morning to JB. I know for many the waiting with no information is becoming a huge issue. I am extremely disappointed in the method that our legal team has chosen to take and was especially disappointed in the letter from PD that Teen posted a while back. All members of the Class in my humble opinion earned and deserve better. I can only hope that for those that are in disparate need of the pending funds that this will end soon and as a fellow veteran you can turn the page and begin a new and hopefully better chapter in your lives. Ready Aye Ready.

Honourable Mr. Justice Barnes,

I write today in hopes of getting an answer to a couple of questions. First I was unable to travel to Halifax in February but did submit a letter through our law firm to you and do not see anywhere in the court registry that you received this letter. Is there a way that one can confirm that you did indeed receive my letter? Second I can appreciate how busy you are and very much appreciate what you have done for us veterans. I have read a great deal from my peers regarding your comments to those that attended the hearing in February.

You may be aware that there is a growing concern from many of the class members surrounding communications from our legal team. It would seem that they are upset with some on the CSAT Forum as well as some that have written to them seeking information. They seem to have refused to answer many of the questions members have asked as well as have not been forthcoming regarding information regarding the status of the proceedings. As you know all of the veterans have some form of disability, with many suffering from Major Depression and/or PTSD. The silence from our legal team coupled with the rumours regarding the potential legal fees, deemed taxes etc. are taking a huge toll on many of us. I know you are doing everything you can to ensure as veterans we are taken care of but was hoping to get an indication on our rights as class members to be kept informed and/or updated by our lawyers?

From some of what I have read they have indicated they are not obligated to inform anyone except the lead plaintiff which seems a bit irresponsible since all of us will be paying the legal fees.

I can honestly state that as a veteran and part of the class I look forward to putting this behind me and able to move on. I do support the proceedings being completed, I do not as I indicated in my February letter to you support the legal fees being sought nor the fact that once we receive the funds owed to us that they (GoC) may be set to recover much of our settlement in tax penalties for not submitting our taxes on time. As I indicated in my February letter, the GoC retained 100% of our funds thus not only did they have the income tax we would have submitted if we would have been in possession of our LTD benefits but they had all of our money as well. Sir unless a person suffers from PTSD one may not be able to
understand the tricks that our minds play on us and the stress and unhealthy thoughts that we endure. I know that you cannot fix us medically but am hopeful that you will be able to ensure that the maximum dollar amount of this settlement stays with our families and can be used to try and move our spouses and children forward in betterment of their future.

Thank you, for taking the time to deal with this case, your efforts are appreciated and I for one very much look forward to closure.

Sincerely,

Jim Humphrey CD1
Chief Petty Officer First Class (Retired)
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 22:37

HEY pIGEONS ,
Maybe there's no ting to it , no waste da' court time on us , da' people right man , we all go vacation dun da jamaica man , and wait tee may ou june
hey , let's just shut er down , we all needs da' break before we come to be more broken eh?

ya , send da' band home man , good night pigeons , ain't nuttin to dis' man

Thanks anyway pigeons , Take - Care my friend ....................

Good evening Ron , could you shut down this thread please , it seems to have gone off the rails bud .

i thought there might be something there for a moment as intel for the class , but other's see something different before seeing the truth , i think i missed it , my apologies to all who read this thread , sorry to have wasted everyone's valuable time this evening .

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 22:15

pigeons.ca wrote:RECORDED ENTRY ( IES ) FOR T-463-07 FOR PUBLIC VIEWING , AS NOTED TODAY WITH REGARDS TO OUR CASE , A NEW ENTRY ......  Repel

Yep, that is how I broke my tailbone ~ ouch
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next