Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

$1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL - Page 2 Empty Re: $1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 09:26

Navrat, can I ask you where you got that information ? This is the first I hear of that. I thought this $1 million donation by MC, was to go to some charity to benefit Veterans.

Back to top Go down

$1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL - Page 2 Empty Re: $1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 21:04

That 1 million dollar donation will never leave MC headquarters . All it is , is 1 million dollars worth of legal advice MC will provide to a client they see as eligable . Also because they donated this, a tax refund to MC will apply. All smoke and mirrors!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 20:43

What about access to our bursary? Is there any info for us in regards to this, I haven't heard any talk about the $10 million dollar bursary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 20:15

Last edited by Sparrow on Sun 19 May 2013, 22:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 20:01

Thanks bigrex, do you know if we will find out who or what charity will receive this money ? To be honest I completely forgot about this, until today when I was going through the agreement. I guess curiosity has got the better of me on this matter. I do hope that MC will inform us as to where they donate this money.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 19 May 2013, 19:50

There are several organizations that could benefit from a donation, like VETS, for one. Or maybe they could send some money to Equitas Society to help with their legal battle over the NVC and the lump sum.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

$1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL - Page 2 Empty $1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 18:47

Class counsel will donate $1 million to the charity for support of access to justice initiatives for veterans.
Does anyone know, or have heard anything on this. Just not clear to me what this means. Is this just for class members, or is it for all veterans. Does anyone know if this donation has already happened. And who will have access to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2