Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$50,000 dallors is NOT from the lawyers accounts it's from yours!

2 posters

Go down

$50,000 dallors is NOT from the lawyers accounts it's from yours! Empty Re: $50,000 dallors is NOT from the lawyers accounts it's from yours!

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 12:30

I fully agree trooper although it is a common practice for firms to issue stipends to their lead plaintiffs they could have ask to issue a smaller amount ore none at all. and once they receive our money they can do anything they want with it as long as they pay these gifts the generously promised under this legal document. but again I have to add its all coming from our legal fees. now I just got to add this point since you know how I feel about the tax issue for the long term guys.although I believe the long term guys are paying their fair share of the legal fees they will have the largest tax bills. so in effect paying a lot more money then me to the law firm and indirectly to DM in a deal that left them to the tax wolves a deal all in the hands of not them but a law firm that gets their fees before tax and a lead plaintiff that is likely not effected by the tax at all. im thinking if the lead plaintiff was a long term high amount guy and the legal team got their percentage only on the after tax amount their would have been more tax considerations in this deal for those poor guys that were effected buy this clawback the most the ones I think this lawsuit should have been focused on.but again my opinion still stands yes the stipend to DM is coming from our legal fees albeit indirectly.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

$50,000 dallors is NOT from the lawyers accounts it's from yours! Empty Re: $50,000 dallors is NOT from the lawyers accounts it's from yours!

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:34

Sure the $50,000 given to Dennis would come from the Legal fees, so would the other millions of dollars that the Law firm will get, come from our fees.

So my point is simply this, the $50,000 given to Dennis by the Law firm, was the Law firms decision.

Since the Law firm can do whatever they want with their millions of dollars, they received from our fees, they are not in any way in fault, to do as they see fit with their money.

We the class members did not make that decision to give Denis the $50.000, therefor the decision to give Dennis the $50.000 was not ours to began with,  it was that of the recipient , and the recipient alone.

So yes any amount of the millions of dollars, that the Law firm receives, from class member fees, does come directly from class members.

But remember that any decision that the Law firm makes in regards to how they invest, and or spend their money, is their decision, not the decision of class members.

And just to add the million dollar donation from the Law firm, to assist Veterans with Legal issues, is another decision that the Law firm has made, with respect to their awarded fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:26

trooper true it will not be our money but since I have not got payed yet it still is.you are also correct in the fact that the judge cant contole how MC spends its money it made from us ore will make from us you can word that either way depending weather you payed your leagal fees yet ore not.now of course he can make sure they meet their legal obligations under this deal as it has to do with our-their money such as the stipend.but like I sayed all this other crap aside either directly indirectly ore through a 7501 different accounting procedures MC,s fees came from us and thus so does DM,s stippened.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:14

That is true, but if it wasn't for the other 7499 class members, MC wouldn't have the $50000 to give to Dennis. And for all we know, MC may have also agreed not to charge DM legal fees on his return, since it is the lowest payout possible, 5% over 2 years, anyways. So there may be an extra $1000 or so in his pocket.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 06:55

Once our Legal fees have been withdrawn from the Lawyers, it is no longer our money to make a decision on how it is to be spent.

Like the Judge has said, we do not have control on what Legal does, with respect to how they spend their awarded fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 06:39

Dallor- is a personal gift from Senator/General Romeo Dalliare - zEro Sum you are a bit slow!!! Everyone knows that!!!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 22:30

What the hell is a DALLOR?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 21:10

im not sure I need to see the specifics we loose we pay legal nothing DM gets nothing.we win we pay legal aprox 35 mil and DM gets 50 grand.ya can work out the legalities and accounting procedures all ya want but bottom line yes this is our money.since we had to pay it anyway im glad he got the 50 and wish he would have gotten more as id prefer to see it in his hands than the lawyers.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 19:16

bigrex, I can't find where it states that in the proposal, can you give me a ref: para.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 30 Jun 2013, 19:08

Actually, the proposed order clearly stated that the money for DM was coming out of the lawyers fees, so in a roundabout way we are paying Dennis.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 18:42

I also remember DM posting that if Harper stopped the clawback he would donate his to the charity of the PMs choice. How things change!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 18:41

The 50,000 dollars given to Dennis is not coming from class members.

The 50,000 dollars given to Dennis is coming from class counsel.

You state that the 50,000 dollars given to Dennis will come from the disbursements of  0.079% of which is being taken from class members to allow for the distribution of our funds.

However, you do not provide any solid proof of your statement.

Therefore one will have no choice, but to say that your statement, is of pure speculation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 18:40

I believe DM has chosen a new name for his motorcycle club. ,,, wait,,, he's calling his club ,,,,,The Easy Riders,, I guess it goes with easy money, like the 50000 grand tax free!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 18:18

Just do not be surprised if McInnes Cooper contributes to this Dennis family fund. I hope they do cause it seems like only about 2 people here will. Of the hundreds of people who contribute or read this site are commenting in favor of giving any. I am going to do a survey stay tuned.

Back to top Go down

$50,000 dallors is NOT from the lawyers accounts it's from yours! Empty $50,000 dallors is NOT from the lawyers accounts it's from yours!

Post by acerman1234 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 18:11

Don't think for one second that the DM payment of $50,000 is from the lawyers accounts its from the class action.
It will be claimed under the lawyers fees (disbursements) 0.079% commission paid by you thru your payment. Not their money but a simple deduction
from your claim. We are all subject to a mandatory payment to DM and his family motorcycle club!!!!!!!!!!!!
But since DM doesn't want your money (bank info supplied thru matrixx), he will just take it because he earned it....I believe DM stated he cut some
newspaper clippings for the lawyers to justified this payment?

I am not trying to be cruel here but,,,,,,,,,,,what the F#*k?

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down