Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REFERENCE THE ....4.... MONTHS STILL OUTSTANDING JUNE-JULY-AUG.-SEPT. 2012 TEENTITAN & I WILL POST NEW INFO. AS IT BECOMES AVAIL. SOONEST

+5
abetterway
bigrex
Teentitan
HAPPYCRAZY
Recon031
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

REFERENCE THE ....4.... MONTHS STILL OUTSTANDING JUNE-JULY-AUG.-SEPT. 2012 TEENTITAN & I WILL POST NEW INFO. AS IT BECOMES AVAIL. SOONEST Empty Re: REFERENCE THE ....4.... MONTHS STILL OUTSTANDING JUNE-JULY-AUG.-SEPT. 2012 TEENTITAN & I WILL POST NEW INFO. AS IT BECOMES AVAIL. SOONEST

Post by Teentitan Wed 14 Aug 2013, 15:19

I was told the money will be sent this year.

Just remember that you will receive 3 Tax Slips from Manulife:
1. Retro
2. 4 months for 2012
3. Regular LTD 2013 tax slip

So don't submit your taxes until you get all 3 if this applies to you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

REFERENCE THE ....4.... MONTHS STILL OUTSTANDING JUNE-JULY-AUG.-SEPT. 2012 TEENTITAN & I WILL POST NEW INFO. AS IT BECOMES AVAIL. SOONEST Empty Re: REFERENCE THE ....4.... MONTHS STILL OUTSTANDING JUNE-JULY-AUG.-SEPT. 2012 TEENTITAN & I WILL POST NEW INFO. AS IT BECOMES AVAIL. SOONEST

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 15:11

Fair enough, but I would hope that they get them all out before the end of this year.
It would be nice to get all of the extra money owed in the one calender year, that way we only have to deal with the one year, for tax purposes.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 14 Aug 2013, 14:45

The only reason I can see is to avoid having that large chunk of money come out of their accounts while the retro cheques are still being processed. This way, once all the money for the retro has been sent out, there can be no conflicts. Plus it gives them the extra time and opportunity to get enough funds from the TB, if they haven't already.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 13:55

The bigger question is WHY? They all ready have started to pay us back so just send it, it is to easy.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 13 Aug 2013, 17:12

Being held
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Tue 13 Aug 2013, 17:05

Question... are all the checks being held until all the retro is done, or are the checks for the 4 months being released as soon as a person's retro is received.... In other words.. has anyone who received their retro in past months received the extra check yet?

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 12 Aug 2013, 18:06

i wonder what'll the SISIP employes are doing now?
I mean the ones who had hundreds of vets and did nothing?
guess we will have to wait for the part time hired help to complete our 4 months still owing
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Mon 12 Aug 2013, 18:02

I have been on the ELB since 2007. It took 5 years get the help i need for rehabilitation. When I finally got it, it took almost a year of rehab to get to the stage of coping daily. They sent me on an upgrade and i have completed it. I can only do half days and over the past month I have been submitting resumes. Now my wife has lost her job. At this point of my life and condition who will hire me and i'm 55 as well.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Mon 12 Aug 2013, 16:23

Teen, appreciate the info howver I am confused.
You say your spouse can do the rehab training, but does that mean only if she is not working?
If she wanted to upgrade by going to school, that would mean she would have to quit her current job in order to go to school, so what happens to that part of our income?
Right now I am on ELB but there is no timetable for me as I am undergoing regular medical treatments. And being 55 now I wonder what kind of job I might get if/when I am finally able to get into some sort of rehab training program. That is why it would make sense for us if my wife could upgrade her current skills.
1st I have heard of the spouse being able to do training thus my mind is now wondering...and wandering.
Thanks for all of your info posted here, it is appreciated.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 Aug 2013, 15:47

Because there is now two pension acts in VAC the LTD is partnered with the PA (Pension Act). The ELB is partnered with the NVC.

I too have heard of some people being on both but each person's case is different.

If you are under the PA your CM at VAC should have you apply for ELB just to get you and your spouse access to the NVC voc rehab. Under the NVC if you cannot do the vocational rehab training your spouse is eligible to do the rehab.

It is very confusing but what's VAC without confusion.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 15:39

Okay, so why would they have two of the same thing? What determines entitlement to one or the other? I heard about ELB, when the NVC came out, but was told that I made to much to receive it...this years after already being zeroed by SISIP. It's just a little confusing, and I've even heard mention of some people being on both at the same time...even the lead plaintiff stated that. They should have just stuck with one or the other...it's like having two left shoes and neither fits correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 Aug 2013, 14:24

Zero yes LTD and ELB are the same thing but LTD is paid out under the DND and ELB is paid out under VAC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 13:50

zero yes they can but can only collect for one. since sisip is the first payer elb would pay nothing.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 13:42

Dumbass moves are what governments do best.

Can someone be on LTD and ELB? Aren't they basically the same thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next