Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOV. CAF. DVA. SISIP . SECRET CHANGES !!! LETS NOT STOP HERE, THIS IS FOR ALL OF US YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS. LESS WE FORGET!!

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GOV. CAF. DVA.  SISIP .   SECRET CHANGES !!!    LETS NOT STOP HERE,  THIS IS FOR ALL OF US   YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS.   LESS WE FORGET!! - Page 2 Empty Re: GOV. CAF. DVA. SISIP . SECRET CHANGES !!! LETS NOT STOP HERE, THIS IS FOR ALL OF US YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS. LESS WE FORGET!!

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Mon 09 Sep 2013, 02:59

BIGREX WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ON THIS TOPIC    Life then to 65 then to 67.sisip and caf does this all the timewhenit was change the libs were in gov  paul martin was the finace mp. when i was relese in 95 under 3a all i got from sisip was 13 wks then long turn zero zero zero funds from them DVA MADE YOUR 75% BUT I WAS TOLD IF I EVER NEED THEM AGAIN CALL US.WELL AFTER THEY TOOK food off my table.  I could of killed him for that.   but the right thing to do was to wheele away from the thives they were. and the worse part about this was CAF SMILES AND SHAKES THE OF ANOTHER THIEF.. TUEST M2 LEFT FOR DEAD...                                 I WAS 3B CAT WAS 5.6 THE NEXT HIGHER ONE IS TO HAVE A FEW MONTHS TO LIVE...Sad Shocked Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes affraid   ICOULD GO  ON A ON A ON. BUT I WOM'TCONTRACT IS A CONTRAC. THE VERY PEOPLE WE TRUST TURN AND STAP EVERY SOLDIER IN THR BACK.      BIGREX YOU AND SPARROW HAVE GREAT KNOLG ON THIS MATTER. II-M NOT JUUST DOING THIS FOOR ME IM DOING IT FOR ALL THE VOICES OUT THE JUST BERLY MAKING END MEET WITH FAMILY,,. THKS YOU OLDAIL.   THKS FOR LISTENING TO AND OLD OLD SOLDIER.

Last edited by HAPPYCRAZY on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 03:02; edited 1 time in total
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

GOV. CAF. DVA.  SISIP .   SECRET CHANGES !!!    LETS NOT STOP HERE,  THIS IS FOR ALL OF US   YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS.   LESS WE FORGET!! - Page 2 Empty Re: GOV. CAF. DVA. SISIP . SECRET CHANGES !!! LETS NOT STOP HERE, THIS IS FOR ALL OF US YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS. LESS WE FORGET!!

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 00:07

And there in lies the problem with plaintiffs paying the legal fees...a major problem that could have been easily avoided. How many plaintiffs win a case for something that has been done to them illegally, yet get stuck with paying the legal fees and expenses...it's a rarity at best.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 08 Sep 2013, 23:24

The major difference between the retro and money collected as part of an inheritance, is money from an estate has already had taxes taken from it and therefor cannot be taxed twice, but since nobody was ever in receipt of the retro money, taxes will still have to be paid by the person who is receiving the funds, as it is now considered their income and a T4 will be drafted in their name, not the deceased. The only real difference is they will likely not have the opportunity to have the retro taxed as if received while their spouse had actually been on LTD. And as far as legal fees, since the class member technically isn't the deceased member, it is now the survivor, then they pay the same legal fees as anyone else.

Honestly, if there was a legal reason for withholding payments for widows, be it for tax considerations or whatever, then this has been very poorly communicated to the class members, especially after concerns had been raised. But paying court awards to survivors isn't a new concept. There were payments made to survivors in both the tainted blood lawsuits as well as the Residential School lawsuit, so if there had been hang ups for survivors to be able to receive their payments in a timely manner with accordance to those settlements, then surely there would be some record of this that the astute paralegals at MC would have found.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 22:49

Thanks Teen......very good to know. I will surely look into this. I am the executor and the beneficiary.
I did offer these papers to MC when I had a talk with them last may......will, death certificate and I even offered the autopsy and toxicology report and they refuse but ask for the death certificate.
If there is anything else that I should know about all this............I would surely appreciate knowing about it.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Sep 2013, 22:20

Can't explain why Rex only can pass on what was told.

One thing that has to be considered here is "how" is the taxes paid. Most of the deceased would have their financial's done and considered closed with Canada Revenue. So does the executor of all the estates have to re-open a closed and most likely archived file or will the beneficiaries have to claim the money and pay the taxes.

Now let's look at the lawyer fees technically MC is asking a dead man to pay a bill. That's illegal because there was no claim put in when he/she passed. A legal road block perhaps?

Now let's say the beneficiaries have to pay the taxes. Another illegal matter as the money is/was to be paid to the dead person. So any monies given to them in the will is tax free. So technically if they have to pay the taxes they can appeal with Canada Revenue and most likely will win. Which then takes it back to the legal bill. If the beneficiaries appeal and win then MC would be legally bound to pay them back because the beneficiaries were excused in paying taxes which means they should be excused of paying a legal bill for a dead person.

During my discussions with Peter about "who" pays I couldn't get a solid answer so there might be some merit to the above and the reason WoV is not being paid?

Something to ponder...
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 08 Sep 2013, 19:21

Teen, but what about the spouses that have already been identified, like WoV. The lawfirm knows her, SISIP knows her, but yet she and every other spouse that have stepped forward have been left until the end. So their excuses and platitudes are as empty as their heads, and no longer work.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 19:10

Thank you bigrex

I think I was mixing up SISIP and VAC.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Sep 2013, 18:52

Rex they are looking at vets who passed away and the hard part is finding the family.

I talked about this with Peter D. during negotiations and I have also spoken to SISIP as well. All SISIP has is last address and phone number. The plan was to call the phone number and if it is not the family then it goes into the "search" pile.

They are going to work hard to find the survivors both SISIP and MC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 08 Sep 2013, 18:33

WoV, SISIP LTD does not have any survivor benefits, and may be part of the reason you have had the struggles that you've had during this process. To SISIP, the only person who matters is the Veteran, and if he dies, the benefit simply stops at the end of that month, where as VAC continues the full pension for a year before reducing it to the survivor rate. SISIP therefor has no normal dealings with the Veterans survivors, and if it was not for this lawsuit, they would have continued to not deal with them. One thing that the lawyers and the adjudicator should be looking at is if there are any deceased Veterans who can be reinstated posthumously, if it can be proven that they had continued to be permanently disabled, so that their survivors can receive the owed benefits up until their death, instead of just the 24 months, which is likely going to be the case for the majority, if not all survivors.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 17:59

HappyCrazy, call me "crazy" but I sent an inquiry on this subject to Peter Driscoll and hoping for a response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 17:31

I so agree with you HappyCrazy but I wouldn't even know where to start.
My husband did sign on in 1970 and release medically in 1995 but he passed away. That would mean that he paid into this all this time for nothing if they are able to change this contract. Does this mean I would be cut off from some benefits as a Surviving Spouse? I am not able to work due to medical issues and this could hurt me a lot.
I'm not sure where I stand in all this. Could someone please explain to me what it means as a Surviving Spouse? If anyone wants to explain and prefer to PM me......i'm fine with it.
Thank you

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

GOV. CAF. DVA.  SISIP .   SECRET CHANGES !!!    LETS NOT STOP HERE,  THIS IS FOR ALL OF US   YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS.   LESS WE FORGET!! - Page 2 Empty GOV. CAF. DVA. SISIP . SECRET CHANGES !!! LETS NOT STOP HERE, THIS IS FOR ALL OF US YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS. LESS WE FORGET!!

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Sun 08 Sep 2013, 13:58

study  Could someone tell me if they're also going to look at the change in SISIP cut-off dates. When I was serving and paying into SISIP between 1972 and Dec 31, 1994, benefits were contracted to be life-time. Then out of nowhere in January 1995 this was changed to benefits ending at age 65. Of course, I was medically released early 1995. Trust me, members paying into this did not expect age cut-off changes.

Not only did they clawback our benefits - they completely changed the contract mid-stream. I am not sure if Judge B. is looking into this, but I think it should be considered as an extra 5-year clawback to everyone medically released after January 1, 1995.

Anyone know anything about whether this was brought forward to the legals?
by nemo on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 03:18 HAPPYCRAZY
Yeah, this really sucks. I lost out by getting out in 96. H ow is that right that so many have it until death but I don't. So a difference of one day, will make the difference for some as to whether they get benefits to age 65 or till they die. I think this is worthy of another lawsuit.

It should not be that way!!!! When we joined and started paying for sisip, it was with the understanding that it was good for life! To change the contract for those who were in that circumstance is just WRONG!!!!! When I signed that contract, it was for life.....I hope to live longer than 65 years!!!!

JustMe2
Number of posts: 21
Registration date: 2013-06-13
Yep, lets get this issue rolling!

Navrat
Number of posts: 241
Location: Crying at the tax office, I thought I could deduct the time I spend on CSAT
Registration date: 2013-06-28
It was the same for my husband. When he signed in 1970, it was for life. He was released medically in 1995 and passed away in 2007.

Widow of Veteran
Number of posts: 272
Registration date: 2013-06-10
Re: SECRET SISIP CHANGES - WHAT IS ON COURT AGENDA ????
by Navrat on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 08:57
Happy, I agree with you this age 65 cut off is most unfair and will leave alot of us with a big chunk of our income gone. Bills don't end at age 65

Navrat
Number of posts: 241
Location: Crying at the tax office, I thought I could deduct the

by Widow of Veteran on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:02
My husband was paying into SISIP from 1970 until release medically in 1995.

Widow of Veteran

Widow of Veteran
Number of posts: 272
Registration date: 2013-06-10

by HAPPYCRAZY on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:24
WOV- YOUR HUSBAND GOT BURN"T JUST LIKE ME. ALL THIS HAPPEN WHILE FRP CUTS WERE ON AND THE LIB. GOV AND THER CUT EVERYTHING THAT BREATHS. LET SISIP GET AWAY WITH THIS, WITHOUT TELLING ANY ONE BEING MED RES. ALL THese YRS Paid into it, just to have gov and sisip take it away for good. All you have to do is ask anyone before the cut-off date, and they will tell you they have it for life; If theres over 8000 clams out there. that means at less 7000 do not get that plan. and boy i now they all could us it. just to life above pro. line.

HAPPYCRAZY
Number of posts: 87
Registration date: 2013-06-07

by Widow of Veteran on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:47
Happy.........this is so sad that they led the soldiers on all these years and now they're getting away with it. Imagine paying into this for 25 years with promises then they take it back. That's a lot of money that one person pays and then to be stepped on.
I'm hoping that all the new soldiers or cadets are aware of all that can happen to them when they sign up. I'm sure the GOV will find another way to steal from them too. I wonder what there excuses would be down the road or what cover up they will try to use.
Once they release you medically, all that was signed for, should be honored and not let these Vets reach a breaking point.

Widow of Veteran

cheers bom cherry  THEY ARE A FEW OF YOU BOYS & GIRLS WHO HAS THE RIGHT TALENT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. JUST BY WHAT I'VE READ YOU AMAS ME WITH YOUR HIGH SPIRTS AND DRIVE TO MAKE THIS WORK. THKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CARES. FOR THE WELL BEING OF VETRENS AND WIDOWS WHOS VERY LIFE HANGS ONTO US FOR SUPPROT. LESS WE FORGET TO ALL OF YOU WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT THIS ALL REALLY MEANS. GOB BLESS YOU ALL HAPPYCARY I WANT TO HERE FROM ALL OF YOU NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE !!! Very Happy Smile Wink cheers 
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2