Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Septembers Processed Claims.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Septembers Processed Claims. Empty Re: Septembers Processed Claims.

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 19:56

Very true Bob...after all, we're dealing with SISIP and MC here...unlike if we had our pensions from SISAP...he'd make sure we're all paid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:44

boby, did you also contact sisip to verify that everything is in order with your claim, and that you are next inline for payment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:35

Actually dont trust anyone until I see it in my hands but had to ask anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 16:09

Well Bob...doesn't that sound like a lawyer's dodge to you...of course you'll be paid in either of the next two installments...most of us should be. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 13:10

Just spoke with Kristin of MC and she confirmed my name to be paid out beginning or middle of oct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 16:34

I just hope everyone gets there's this month, the not knowing was a killer for me,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 16:32

I agree Nav that some are still needing info, but thous cases seem to be rare and far in between at this time, it is sure that more cases will pop up in the near futur. But from the info I'm getting here in Québec Sissip is moving in the right direction

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 16:29

I was confurmed that I would be in the last group, A friend of mine that was alsow accepted only a few weeks ago already got his retro check and was confurmed that he would be payed in october, wonderfull!!!!!! Hang in there gang only 19 waky to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 16:28

You know what would be cruel, if sisip, was asking claimants for extra documentation just to give them extra time to complete some of the files, alot of guys have told me they have been asked to forward additional information, one month before the deadline?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 16:10

zero, you make some interesting, and good points, it sure sounds like you were proactive in searching for answers, which is a good thing.

Sisip told you that everything is in order, that is a good thing, you now know that you will be getting your retro by the end timeline.

If it's ever proven to be fact, that sisip was sitting on completed files, for the sake of producing them for the final push, that indeed would be cruel, however we may never really know.

I do believe sisip telling you to contact the Law firm when asking for information, was just a way to get rid of you, after all they already know that MC, has no control with the manner of how sisip conducts their business with respect to processing our claims.

As far as the 65 dilemma is concerned, I am in the same boat as you, but before I voice my anger towards MC on the matter, I ask myself this, what was MC hired to do in the first place, to stop the clawback, which they have done, and they also got some veterans reinstated, so in my view the 65 dilemma is not doing any good for me, so I think this is a fight for another day, perhaps with another Law firm, as Sparrow has said.

So I still think that anyone who is not processed for the September group, should make every attempt to contact sisip, to confirm they will be the very last ones in the batch, to get paid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 15:54

Lol zero,
I agree Peter's response was ambiguous with no clear direction for those who joined before 95 and signed the mandatory Sisip application.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 15:44

I know Sparrow, but pre 95 what? How is it fair to be released post 95, but still be under the older contract of pre-95? If we're under a signed contract, it should be binding...they simply can't change it to suit their needs. If one joined after the change date, of course they are bound by the new terms, but those under the old terms...they can't go by release date, that would be completely retarded. When I get my retro, I'm buying up cases of Canadian Law for Dummies, and sending them to MC...bunch of douches, always with the legal doubletalk. Maybe with Sapper's retro, he could buy their firm and get some real lawyers in there! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 15:36

Hi zero sum, I did broach the subject about the 65 year cut off date with Peter Driscoll and he simply replied "This issue has already been resolved. Pre-95 are not subject to a cutoff at 65." ~ so we already know now that this issue is not on MC's radar for legal action and perhaps it should be on some other firms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 15:28

Great points. I've actually asked SISIP if there was anything else that I could provide in regard to my claim...according to them, everything was in order. I've thought about that for months now as I wait, thinking how could they know if there's an issue if they haven't processed my claim. It could be as Rex stated previously that perhaps SISIP has other processed claims sitting in a completed file...waiting on standby for the final push to have them "save the day" at the last moment with a massive load of completed files at the very end, just to save a bit of money, or make it look like they've been working extra-hard to fulfill the court order...who knows, but it would be a cruel thing to do to those who've been waiting so many years already. No doubt though that this final batch of payments is going to be the big one...the majority being higher amounts, zero summed back to the earlier days...of course there will be smaller claims from the 2000s to give the illusion of the process being random, but after this long, we'll never know for sure...and we certainly won't be invited to look at any numbers processed for total payouts monthly...although, I'm sure as part of the class, our legal team would have to provide us with these numbers if we asked for them...and why wouldn't they share them with us if they had nothing to hide. What has always concerned me though is after asking direct questions to SISIP in regard to the claim, they would always say to contact the legal team, as they weren't allowed to discuss anything...fair enough, but when you try to contact MC, by phone or email...either you're ignored or they answer a question that someone else put forth...then when the questions go unanswered, I would contact SISIP again, tell them of MC's not answering their phones and not replying to email...and what I would get thrown back in my face is, "well, that's the legal team that you chose". Unfortunately, I had no say in who was hired or what sort of backroom deals they could make...I feel left behind in a big way and not just because I haven't received any loot, but I have no answers...and the most important of them all is why didn't they appropriately address the age 65 dilemma...what reasons do they have to keep us in the dark and not give direct answers. Certainly old DM got all the answers that he wanted, but aren't we all entitled to get proper answers to what we ask...we've all paid fees. Think if certain class members were close to the age of 65 now...they were on the original contract, then happened to be unfortunately injured after 1995, not knowing of any changes in the contract...and getting severely shafted after all of this. To MC it's all about the money, because they only got a chunk of the retro and not the later payments as they wanted to...so perhaps that's why they have no interest in actually helping us with that and say that it's resolved...BS, how can it be resolved if people are only bringing it to light now? MC and DM said the GoC wanted to do the right thing by us...well then MC, do the right thing that you're supposed to do...tear yourselves away from that $34 million for a few minutes and get this shit straightened out...or do we have to pursue and another class action...maybe this time with a law firm that's not so full of shit and only interested in profit margins...why are you leaving us behind again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 14:36

You know if sisip answered the phone like that all the time, it would indeed lower stress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next