Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.

Go down

Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.  Empty Re: Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 17:51

1198 form in hand. One T4a and one t5 . Am I expecting another one?

Back to top Go down

Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.  Empty Re: Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 15:52

Thanks for the information. So from what I under stand when you add up your CPP, PIA, LTD and add that income to this settlement it puts you I to an even higher tax bracket and this is were we will get hit with a tax bill correct?

If any one has a different idea please feel free to say so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 06:23

NP John it will be a long haul but with the information flowing it will be ok I think

Back to top Go down

Post by abetterway Wed 12 Feb 2014, 19:47

RobbieRoyal

Good to be back me old Mucker, and thanks for the welcome.

I hope all is well with you and your family.

I think with all of us searching out info on behalf of each other, will go a long way in lowering the stress factor.

Thanks to all of you who have already provided important info in support of me and our fellow Veteran family.

Cheers
John.

abetterway
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 18:38

nice to see you back John and thanks brother

Back to top Go down

Post by abetterway Wed 12 Feb 2014, 18:17

Trooper
Looks like that to me also.

I think we will have all of our questions answered in lots of time before we need to file.

so far I feel the fear factor, may be a little over blown.

That's being said, i'm sure some will still find themselves struggling to complete their 2013 taxes.

Cheers.
John.

abetterway
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 17:30

Thanks abetterway, it looks like the change is with regards to two T4's instead of one.

Back to top Go down

Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.  Empty Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.

Post by abetterway Wed 12 Feb 2014, 17:13

For your info only. Ref...Tax forms from sisip

Feb 6, 2014
Correction to the information provided on February 6th from Manulife regarding tax forms for class members.

Class members will receive three tax forms from Manulife’s Waterloo office. The three forms are two T4As and one T5. One T4A is being issued for the gross offset and another for the tax gross up portion of the refund. The T5 is being issued for the interest portion of the refund. These forms will most likely arrive in separate envelopes.

Some members will also receive a T1198 form (Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payment) from Manulife’s Halifax office. If a member’s refund is over $3,000, a T1198 form will be sent to the member. For Quebec class members, a TP766.2 form will be sent if the refund is over $300.

If you have not received your tax forms by mid-March, or if you have any questions regarding these tax forms, please contact Manulife directly at 1-855-370-0025.

SISIP Class Action Team

Cheers.
John

abetterway
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down