Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice Barnes? Do the Class members have a case for Damages?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Justice Barnes?  Do the Class members have a case for Damages?  Empty Re: Justice Barnes? Do the Class members have a case for Damages?

Post by Wife of a Veteran Thu 01 Nov 2012, 15:15

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Justice Barnes?  Do the Class members have a case for Damages?  Empty Re: Justice Barnes? Do the Class members have a case for Damages?

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 14:06

I don't second guess the law firm ...in fact I am pleased with their efforts. I think its best you all write the Judge when you think its right to do so! Good Luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:13

I agree with oldvet, i will wait for what is in the plate before eating it or return it to the cook. After i will put my my special spice on it, if the taste is awfull. But i will never give my spice secret in an open forum. Sorry

Grosgig (vandoos )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:39

Hey Joan, I appreciate your concern in maximizng our entitlements; however it is completely unfair to McInnis Cooper/Peter Driscoll to assume that the law firm has represented us poorly. Before addressing the entire class, let's wait until Peter has shown us what he has accomplished on behalf of the veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:42

The Red fisher story surely motivates me ... And I know there is 7000 more at least !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:42

Thanks again ... It was an attempt to get individual who have disappeared back in the fold .. As emails are sent out when updates to old threads are added

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:38

It was just to let you know that most of us only read post that are new not to have to go true all of them, so they are always on top with the time of the last who wrote. what happened is when you wrote, old posts are back up and post who were really active went down to page 2, so it makes it difficult for those who were out a couple of days to follow.
Nothing badly intended, just to let you know.
Have a nice day.

Patrick.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:30

I didn't know I caused any flooding by mentioning it ... I just think people's experience will help .. Getting individual to think about there issues in advance of the proposed settlement ... Will benefit the lawyers ,the justice ... And knowing we all contributed ...we all had the chance to consider our needs ..... I am very proud of Peter his staff and Justice Barnes.. I am most pleased with the quality of veterans we have in here .. And the words of support for those in need ...it's a team and its working ...Gather your thought guys and gals ...Be prepared ... I am doing this on an iPhone so forgive the errors

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:13

Hello Joan.....
Just to tell you it would of been nice that you just did this announcement/thread, and not flood all the others, and What Mr Driscoll says is more then right, the Judge will not read anything until we all received the proposition.
Patrick.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 07:45

IT is going to be a good day for us veterans!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 06:20

Hello Wife of Veteran,
I am just wanting the Judge to hear all the stories ...I have a feeling he likely knows already, but this is the time for us all to make sure he is aware. The tragedy of our veterans continues ...it seems like every week there is another report of veterans getting mistreated... We have written the Vet affairs minister, we have written national defense minister, we have written our PM ...lets not stop... Justice Barnes understands the law....The more information he has, the wiser the rulings....Do not under estimate the power of our Federal Courts....

Feel free to send your letter Directly: Justice Barnes Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Wed 31 Oct 2012, 23:37

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 22:26

Thank you RED FISHER ...That is what I want to hear about!!! THE bare FACTS!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 21:37

I hear you Red, and 100 percent agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 21:26

The heartache and frustration that SISIP causes when you get out of the Military and finding out SISIP will not help you is horribly wrong. Readjusting to a life of disability is hard enough without loosing a significant amount of money we thought we were supposed to get.

The stress in the family is overwhelming when the realization that you will now have to live on your savings, RRSPS and credit cards, possibly selling your vehicles and/or loosing your house is gut wrenching to say the least.

To make ends meet I had to go bankrupt and start over. This way my outstanding bills were gone and I then learned to live with substancially less in my life. If SISIP actually paid us I would still be doing fine financially without the stigma of being a bankrupt person. We now live in COOP housing BUT at least I can afford the rent. Our standard of living has drastically dropped with no real hope of getting better in the future. Yet we are now getting by without any savings that we desperately need in case an emergency comes up. At least when I was employed we had enough saved in case something happened.

The biggest phsychological pain that is still present is that I can only afford one trip a year to visit my other two kids who live halfway accross Canada. Either my son and me can fly out there or I can fly them out here in BC, but only once! This is just not right. When I was still in the military we usually made 2 to 3 trips a year. Even using Skype gets old when all we want to do is be together for a short while.

My kids are teenagers and want new clothes, new shoes, the latest new gadget or just some allowance to use to hang out with friends. Well we now shop with what we have and it pains me that I cannot help my kids have simular things their peers have. I can't imagine how that feels for them.

Even our food is somewhat rationed. Only so much cheese or cereal to last the next two weeks, don't eat too much fruit, slow down on the milk, and when is the last time we put steaks on our BBQ? Oh, yes I remember we don't have any fuel for it anyway.

Our lives have been turned upside down, blown apart, and all that we dreamed of doing as a family is gone. No dreams of going on a vacation, skiing in the mountains or even saving any money for the kids College.

Thanks SISIP for taking all this away from us. Even now that we are to be reinstated it will take a very long time, years even, to rebuild what we had before being medically released. We know we will never be able to own our own house again, probably never buy a new car or even take a nice holiday to somewhere warm in the winter. These are the things that we were working to acheive while still serving, not any longer.

So to keep this short, I would like 100% of my money plus damages. The damages should be enough to bring us up to the standard of living we had just before being kicked out medically from the CF. This is what I would consider quite fair and resonable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next