Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 32 of 65 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 32 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 20:43

6608 you really need to file a request for tax relief buds that should put a lot of coin back in your pocket if accepted.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Thu 12 Jun 2014, 20:35

I sent my T1198 by registered mail Canada Post on June 2 my Accountant refiled for me again on Monday it has all been lost ??? really ..I was told to refile again today .. then I informed Her that this would be the 4 th time ... She said please call back tomorrow to the T1 Adjustment unit (Surrey )and ask for a Supervisor .. She said that I'm not the only one and she hope's a few get fired ..
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 20:30

Yup if ya need any help ask away been through this shote show and just wrapped it all up last week Devans 156 pain but a lot better when they come back and say refund after the T1 Adjustment

Back to top Go down

Post by devans156 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 20:15

Thanks Digger! I will have accountant contact cra. The difference in my return was the interest they have charged on what I owe so it is pretty obvious they overlooked the 1198

devans156
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 20:08

Good idea devans. Also keep in mind that your accountant has access to the cra web and your account so have him or her check daily as well for any changes. As well, the accountant can contact cra directly on your behalf so maybe he/she can get some definite answers on the 1198 and also why there was a slight change in your tax amounts you say were slightly different.

6608 thanks for your post it helps many.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:57

Navrat wrote:Waiting in line to vote, I ask myself why bother, then I think of Dr. Evil aka Timmy Hudak, better stay in line!
Timmy wondering how he is going to get Navsters vote!
Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 32 1336054710916_ORIGINAL

Back to top Go down

Post by devans156 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:53

My amount owing was almost the same as what my accountant had worked out. They have me owing $35000. I will go down tomorrow and have my accountant file a T1 Adjustment form along with a copy of my T1198

devans156
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:48

Well my account was updated as well today and they say the 1198 is of no benefit to me taxes were spot on for all in one year (so they did go through all my paperwork) it will be easy to see when i receive the 1198 calculations their sending.12 year retro person, below is part of my summary.

Notice of assessment
2013 Income Tax and Benefit Return
Important: The content below is a summary of your notice of assessment or reassessment.
Explanation of changes and other important information
Thank you for filing your income tax return. This notice explains the results of our assessment and any changes we may have made. Please refer to the "Summary" area for additional information. Keep this notice for your records.
Based on the information provided, you received a retroactive lump-sum payment in 2013. This payment was to compensate you for payments you did not receive earlier. Since you received the payment for this reason, it is eligible for a special tax calculation. We do this calculation to see if it is better for you to include the payment in your income for 2013 or for the year to which the payment applies. In your case, it is to your advantage to include the full amount of the payment in your 2013 income. We will send you a letter giving details of the special tax calculation.

cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:46

Waiting in line to vote, I ask myself why bother, then I think of Dr. Evil aka Timmy Hudak, better stay in line!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:36

devans, without giving amounts, did you owe and does it show a refund or a reduced amount of owing. If this is the case then the 1198 was likely used. To be clear, it does not show the 1198 on the Notice of Assessment on their website. Basically if the amount you owed or were receiving hasn't changed since filing then the 1198 was not used, if the numbers have changed then it was used and you will have to wait for further documentation from CRA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:03

And a partridge in a pear tree!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:01

Been there done that, that's been happening to 80 to 90 percent of the 
Guys

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 12 Jun 2014, 18:55

Mind did, and it showed I owed $25k.  I phoned and they said the 1198 was not used even though it was stapled to the return and had a cover letter.  They then re looked at my taxes and again did not use the 1198, but they did disallow my split pension.  So now I owe $2600 more.  I phone again and was informed that they had not yet done my wife's taxes, so they though I was single.  Boneheads.  Now I put in a T1ADJ to correct my split pension.  Also sent in my 1198 again!  I got a call from my Request for income tax Relief and they guy said your taxes are in need for 2 reassessments so he can not action the Request for income tax Relief.  He closed it, and told me to reaction it at a later date.

Nope, devans156, you are not alone.  They get 8 weeks between each assessment.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 18:53

T1 ADJUSTMENT BUDDY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 18:51

Hey Devans if you received a Notice of Assessment and in your summary it does not include the QRLSP details then they did not use your 1198 it happened to me, read from the beginning of Stay on top of CRA and you will find many answers

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 18:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 65 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 65  Next