Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 17 of 65 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Wed 13 Aug 2014, 09:39

lets see now ive been looking at the NVC for a long time studying it doing the math on it and talking to many doctors about it.

I live near a large army base witch contains an infantry battalion so finding doctors that treat disabled vets and some still serving members is quite easy.

in the old system you get a monthly pension for life and almost never stops no matter what the frack you do.

in the new system you get a small buyout and maybe a small monthly pension witch can end the second you show improvement.

every doctor I talked to and some disabled vets as well even doctors that work for the system ( on the QT of course ) tell me that the old system guys will improve if possible and have no fear of showing it because their is nothing to fear.

the also say that the guys on the new system are not improving anywhere near the rate as the guys on the old system and believe whether consciously or subconsciously are afraid to show improvement for fear of not being able to feed their families should their condition worsen later on down the line.

I mean hey a small monthly pension is better than nothing at all right???

so yes in this case SOME are playing the system out of desperation and fear but that's because of the NVC.

this also shows the NVC is not giving any incentive to a disabled vet to get better like the pension act did but in fact quite the opposite.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Aug 2014, 09:04

right on the mark trooper.

poster

1. of all the cases ive read of vets fighting for the benefits they deserve and had the fortitude to fight the GOC all the way to the supreme court they have all won their cases. have I missed any ??? not likely but possibly I have missed one or two.

I wonder how the other ones would have turned out if those vets had have had the health and resorse's to keep up with the GOC as they appealed and appealed ????

2. the OVO did a study on the VRAB and its been a while ago so my recall may be a little off but he found around 65% of the denials were done incorrectly.

65% !!!!!

do you really think a disabled vet should have to fight his own government to the supreme court to get the benefits he deserves??????

do you really think this is a system where a lot of people get benefits for nothing??????

right the frack  out of er

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 13 Aug 2014, 08:34

Good post Trooper. The benefits we receive are very hard to get approved for. Please don't lose too much sleep over this issue, as it is not worth it. Have a good day.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Aug 2014, 08:19

{ t's a question of Honour! There is everything wrong with collecting long term disability payments if you can work! Why do you think they changed the Pension act ? Because too many veterans were sitting on there duff doing f all. There was no incentive to get better only worse for increased benefits. If your a soldier and still have that pride from the old days than you'd understand where this is going. If you can work then for Gods sake drag your ass outta bed and get to it. If truly you can't then seek help, but not for acid reflex and arthritis for heavens sake. }

Absolutely, you are correct it would be wrong to be collecting disability benefits if one can work,
this would mean that the individual does not meet the requirements to be approved for any such benefits.
I don't believe you will find anyone on this site who disagrees with you there.
However to insist that some Veterans are collecting benefits that they don't qualify for
is insulting to all disable Veterans.
Veteran benefits are not easy to obtain, and to suggest that they are, is inaccurate.
It is obvious that you are not disabled, if you were, you would be aware of the
rigorous and thorough evaluations that are performed on each Veteran by the
medical professions to evaluate the approval process, and that is above and beyond
the fact that disabled Veterans were medically discharged from the forces.
Furthermore just to point out a fact, not all disabilities are viewed in the form
of and individual who is bedridden with a dozen tubes in them,
this is just not the case, you should do some proper research
before coming here and stating your views on disabilities in general.
Furthermore, if you are healthy enough to work that is a good thing for you
but don't question the ones who are unable to work, as it is truly insulting.
Furthermore, please find me one Veteran who would not trade in their disabled benefits,
for the opportunity to work again.

As far as the pension act goes, they changed this for one reason, and one reason only,
as a cost cutting measure, to reduce the amount of pension a disabled Vet in the long term is to receive.

I don't think you will find to many disabled Canadians, and or Veterans receiving pension benefits
for simply having acid reflex or arthritis, perhaps they may be conditions added to the list of conditions,
but by themselves, no.
So my advice to you is to contact the DVA office in Charlottetown, and get the proper info as to
how benefits are allotted, study it, then you can return here to comment once again on it.
If it is so easy to milk the system, why are we forced to fight for our benefits,
that right there should answer your questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 12 Aug 2014, 23:49

Well, I think that the fact that these posters have not even taken the time to create original screen-names, and instead only slightly modified ones used by other site members, tells me that the only reason for posting is too stir the pot, and create dissent. I will not blame any specific political party or government organization for their actions, but their defense of Fantino, and the recent bogus charts, when these very charts are being torn apart in the media, is very telling.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:56

Sorry, Sea Shell for mistaken you for Shells, I just want to throw this out there for Sparrod , Conservative governments have always implied that there is massive fraud with every government social program from EI to welfare to immigration health funding to cpp. They spread these lies to cut spending and frankly they are hardcore about giving anyone anything unless it's corporate welfare or bloated pensions and exspences? Is there fraud, of course there is , but statistically it's been around 4 percent pretty constantly since social programs first came out. But we live in a great and wealthy country and for me , a veteran and taxpayer, it's a small price to pay to ensure the social justice and benefits flow to those that need it

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:51

Sparrod you do have the right to voice your opinion and that I respect.

Just like I have my opinion to point out that your were a fighter pilot not a doctor/adjudicator/psychologist. So if a veteran is "diagnosed" as disabled then he/she has the right to collect LTD until they are either 65 or diagnosed as healthy to work.

There is plenty administrative procedures a veteran has to go thru EVERY year for SISIP LTD. If the diagnosis is disabled by a doctor/psychologist then they are disabled.

Before you make a snap decision about why the Pension Act was dropped and the NVC do some research. Both have there good points and bad points. Nothing is perfect.

But when a politician stands up and makes a completely foolish statement of a veteran making $10K a month without even saying how many are making that amount it shows said politician does as much research to find out the truth as you have.

You were an officer which means you are an educated man. So take the time and do some research on that pretty chart you saw on the VAC website. Do a search on PIA level 2 to see how injured the veteran is to be recognized. I'm sure you will then see that pretty chart on the VAC website is propaganda to sway the masses that can't be bothered to ask the correct questions to find out the truth.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:48

Meathead, your right, you hooked a troll
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:45

There comes a point when an activity meant to be helpful for a Vet and in this case Csat, habitually becomes toxic and adversary ~ even for this non combat Vet I know when its time to call it a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:24

Sparrod wrote:Well I can certainly find a lot of truth in the Sea Shell post. Really I am a veteran and know so many who are jet setting around the world , buying houses and having a very good income. Look at your leader Dennis Manuge he claims he can't work but throws pictures on his Facebook page clearly showing he can ride heavy Harley Davidson motorcycle s and construct buildings on his property but claims he's too disabled to work. It's examples like these I hear where you can actually believe the Sea Shell. Notwithstanding there are truly deserving veterans and most should agree that combat vets should rank at the top but needless to say I agree that a large percent are bogus claims

Sparrod, as with my post to Mr. Navrat, you have referenced your comments to the wrong profile name which should actually be Sea Shells (plural) but I am quite certain you realize that already. Sea Shell did not make those comments. Furthermore, I observe you may be trying to implicate another former member of csat whose name sounds very familiar to Sparrod. However, that withstanding, I empathize with your issues and I am certain others will realize that Sparrow would never say such things and was always there to help not harm. Take care and be kind to each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:12

Navrat wrote:I have to disagree with you Sea Shell regarding the soaking by the non combat veterans but one thing I do agree with you is Fantino was very smart to put out those charts on the vac website because if regular civilians believe those lies, that a private gets 6500 tax free , then yes I can see the gravy train ending real fast. Those charts were produced for the sole purpose of capping the financial benefits that a veteran may receive by twisting the facts and producing a picture of the Con government giving veterans truck loads of cash and why should the veterans complain
Navrat, I have to correct you empatically because  it was not profile Sea Shell that made those comments but a profile named Sea Shells as in plural. Someone is trying to implicate me into taking part in comments I did not make. BTW, I concur with your comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by meathead Tue 12 Aug 2014, 21:44

Have not posted in awhile but it appears that we have a new fisher trolling for bites

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 21:42

My right to voice my opinion comes 1st and foremost as a Canadian taxpayer and second as a 35 year Canadian forces veteran fighter pilot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 21:39

It's a question of Honour! There is everything wrong with collecting long term disability payments if you can work! Why do you think they changed the Pension act ? Because too many veterans were sitting on there duff doing f all. There was no incentive to get better only worse for increased benefits. If your a soldier and still have that pride from the old days than you'd understand where this is going. If you can work then for Gods sake drag your ass outta bed and get to it. If truly you can't then seek help, but not for acid reflex and arthritis for heavens sake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 21:24

What is wrong with sitting around ?

What is wrong with buying a house ?

Are you a qualified certified doctor who has examined Dennis Manuge ?

What's wrong with driving a Harley ?

You can say what's on your mind, or how you feel,
but you are judging others without any proven merit.
Your post is argumentative.
I am proud to have served, and I'm just as proud to fight for my benefits.

Even if one private is making $6500 a Month tax free,
who in the hell do you think you are to question it,
You have absolutely no clue of what this private is being awarded for.

You can call me out as much as you want,
but I won't feel bad, it will make me stronger,
and give more of and incentive to continue to fight for as much benefits that I am entitled to.
So thank you for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 65 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 65  Next