Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconsideration Letter Question

+13
bosn181
AirLog
Willie
1sea0shell33
Rifleman
Newf
1993firebird
pinger
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 8 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by 1993firebird Mon 04 Apr 2016, 08:23

A reconsideration is supposed to be done in a certain time frame , I had one done several years ago and for that reason I can not remember how long it took for a decision. However if the reconsideration is unsuccessful you can get current medical reports , if things have worsened and have a reassessment done at the two year point from your last reassessment unless they are not done every two years anymore.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 8 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Apr 2016, 07:32

Good luck with your hearing. How long have you been waiting for this? I requested one last year, and was told it can several years to get it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 04 Apr 2016, 07:06

I am at the final stage before the reconsideration.  
I received a one page letter stating the typical and it is going to be reviewed with the additional evidence, prior to going to the board.
It also states that the reconsideration will be conducted by the same board members, that being if they "still hold office" can be and if not replaced with someone new.
Every day I go through my file and I beat myself up.
Should I of been more vocal or less reliant on the benefit of the doubt? IDK, I just want this to end fairly.  
It feels like there is a blockade and I WILL push through it, there is no stopping the pen.

So, basically they will do a review before going into a full blown review....according to the letter I received. Confused?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 16 Mar 2016, 13:06

Are you due for a reassessment Dannypaj as you can go that route for the same thing?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 16 Mar 2016, 07:37

Still waiting.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 13 Dec 2015, 08:52

I AM STILL WAITING FOR RECONSIDERATION>>>it will be over a year when I started the ball moving on my file. Combined with this and that and other request, still waiting for acceptance to  something that seems to be black and white to me has become like what the F is going on here.  
Time to find a good receipt for stewing while I continue to wait.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 29 Jul 2015, 18:30

"the BPA Head Office level in Charlottetown." Why in the hell doesn't THAT surprise me!!!"
I never had to deal with the BPA H.O.... But maybe their in the same BUILDING as VAC!
That was my experience with a local BPA and VAC D.O. years ago. Right down the hall and not very soundproof.
Very un-nerving to say the least. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 29 Jul 2015, 06:51

Sent: UTC 2015-03-03 22:16
Hi Mr. J.
In response to the Work Item sent to BPA Halifax on 2015-02-02
from your Case Manager, wherein she was inquiring
on your behalf as to an indication of whether you needed to do
anything else or if your file is moving ahead with the new evidence
you sent to our office.

A letter will be coming to you in the very near future from Mr.
Anthony S., BPA Halifax. Please be advised that we have now
forwarded the statement to the Reconsideration Unit. Once the
Reconsideration Unit receives the document, an advocate will
get assigned. In due course, the assigned advocate will be in
contact with you, but please be advised that BPA Halifax is unable
to give you an estimated time frame
of when you could receive
such contact as a Reconsideration is not a process handled at
the District Office level. It is taken care of at the BPA Head
Office level in Charlottetown. It is that office you will be
in contact with from this point forward.

I trust this notification is satisfactory.

Thank you,
Advocacy Assistant
BPA HFX

Every morning when I wake up I  hope that today will be the day my issues will be resolved with VAC fairly, but for now I continue to patiently wait as bills keep piling up and my line of credit keeps climbing. Just another day of being patient...........meanwhile the lords in Britain are out wasting money and candidly  stating how corrupt the parliamentary  system is..........allowances and extra money for them to line their pockets and apparently do other illegal activities.  Shameful!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 20 Jul 2015, 15:36

It ain't me kicking you out wild thing. There is server problems currently being ironed out so as they always say...please have patience and keep trying to log in.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015, 15:34

I keep getting kicked out of the forum never had that happen before must have ruffled some feathers when does billc51 become law having a hard time posti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015, 15:14

How are they going to get eyes on the issue if we dont stick it in their face the media covers one person for a few seconds then forgotten if their mail room gets plugged up at election time that will be front and center there has to be a public inquiry and audit or fk all will change and the public has to demand it. I have them by the short and curlies all by myself but if i have to go alone it will be in the form of a law suit if i dont get my claims, the more there is the stronger the message it will send, it is time to put up or shut up. And who the hell looks at the MVA facebook page I never have and i am sure no tax payers have

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 20 Jul 2015, 14:39

Wildthing,
I am not sure if this will help, I posted this statement on the Honorable Minister of Veterans Affairs Facebook page:Thank you for all of your announcements and continued support of Veterans and all Veterans issues. I hope the legislated changes will give all Veterans whom are under the New Veterans Charter and old Pension Act an improvement to their quality of life, especially for those whom are injured in the line of duty. For those interested in the spirit and voices of Veterans, feel free to visit the CSAT forum, then one can form a better appreciation of what a disarray of a system Veterans have been faced with and the struggles of the the uphill battle with this government agency.Thank you Dannypaj
Canadians need to know that this is happening and the more eyes on the issue the faster changes will be made for the better.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015, 13:56

The only thing that can be done is a class action law suit which is bad for hard working Canadians. Disabled vets going on a full scale attack and demanding a public inquiry and a public audit flooding global national, and cbc national news, and ctv with our stories and demanding the public call for a national inquiry. the first of October everybody send their stories to global national and these other news channels and flood them with Stories of the abuse at the hands of the military/va/vrab/sisip. that is election time, and will give everybody time to collect evidence and write their stories. lets put them on trial and make them accountable for their actions.The only way to clean dirty laundry is to wash it and hang it out dry. I am so serious about this that im telling you my name is Scott Thompson  and goc/military/va/vrab/sisip,you will know in 5 to 7 days when you receive my solemn declaration witness statements and claims  just how powerfull we can be especially if we stand up together against the mistreatment of disabled veterans. no story is to small no story to big let it all out dont hold back and feel you have to protect any of these dishonorable organization like I have for years.My email serthompson@hotmail.com send conformation when completed If everbodys dirty laundry is mailed first of oct nobody will be standing alone. will keep updated number of participants with stories regularly. Veterans nows your chance to make real change dont cower in the corner or stand on the side lines we need everyone. circulate this posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 20 Jul 2015, 10:36

Update

I thought my file was in process and my complaints were being addressed.  They were not!  I was on the phone with the Veterans Ombudsman's office trying to figure out what has happened. Frack me! Man oh man! what BS! Assumption is the cause of all major frack ups and I assumed again that things were moving along the grinding path of VAC, but it wasn't. If failure is what they want, Vac is certainly pushing me over the edge.
Any suggestions from anybody? Need help!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 20 Jul 2015, 09:12

Why do I write my story and what has happened in dealing with Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) online?
First off,  Being medically released at the lowest rank in the Canadian armed Forces (CAF) was the most humiliating and deeming way to break a person's spirit after requesting medical assistance.
Prior to being medically released I waited for four years for a decision on my future in the CAF.  Four years of being paraded around my co-workers waiting to hear what was next, I felt like I was being ridiculed behind my back as being the injured young guy.   I felt abandoned by my superiors as though I was a useless peace of equipment and a burden taking up space. I didn't understand what being injured in the CAF meant and how much it would continue to persist through out the years.
A recurring theme was the caution given to me by my supervisors to keep a record of all my dealings with the Government of Canada (GOC).  I never once questioned why I would need to gather up and keep a record of every document that seemed relevant, maybe I was naïve or just believed that the Canadian Armed Forces was going to act in my best interest, but  I am glad to have kept a record of my dealings with the GOC and now understand why I was being instructed to document everything. I was about to slowly lose my dignity and pride while dealing with VAC to obtain benefits.
Obtaining benefits from Vac has to be the most god awful painful way for a Veteran to get help.  You fill out a document without certainty and send it away and wait with no anticipated time for a response.  Imagine doing this sort of waiting since 2003.
My health was no longer CAF problem it was now VAC, but Vac is a hostile environment which has many faces and for the most part do not have the authority nor commitment of the GOC to actually really help Veterans, but one that surely holds the authority to denial, delay and drag there feet as long as they are saving a dime.  
This is a true story.  I am that poor young Able Seaman who was medically released and is living through this government announced policy of a living breathing document called the New Veterans Charter (NVC).  
Two years on SISIP and then on my own barley making it by was a good indication that I was had by the GOC.  Their plan had worked and they had saved money,  I was not their problem any longer and since I was employed I wasn't SISIP's either.

My first decision letter from VAC
I received my first correspondence from VAC after my medical release and it was a letter of denial.  My thoughts upon receiving the letter of denial was that this is the government and that VAC is acting in my best interest since perhaps I wasn't entitled for benefits saving me further grief. For years I thought about VAC's denial and I couldn't understand it.  I am a medically released soldier and I am now living with more burdens and more uncertainty then ever before.  
Why was I denied by VAC the first time? Maybe in hopes that I wouldn't question their decision and just go on my way without a fight.
Fortunately for me, I didn't go on my way, I stood my ground! It took years of beatings at the hand of GOC, but getting up after every beat and finally receiving a favourable decisions was well deserved, but it has been bitter sweat. These favourable decisions should not have been so complicated and such a mental struggle to receive.  It has taking a tool on my well being as you can probably tell by me having to write down my thoughts.  The favourable decision is bitter sweat to me because I still lost years of pensionable time, income and I still need to graduate and obtain suitable gainful employment.  This seems like a simple task to some, but for me it has been just more stress and anxiety added to my life. The what if's are never answered, like what happens after graduating? Will I be abandoned again in hopes that I will go away.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next