Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconsideration Letter Question

+13
bosn181
AirLog
Willie
1sea0shell33
Rifleman
Newf
1993firebird
pinger
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 7 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Dannypaj Sat 17 Sep 2016, 08:09

Thank you and yes Finally! but at the same time while the process was taking place, (the grinding wheels of VAC) I was/am getting the very best medical help, Top of the Line. That is the most important part, trust me I went from hell and back and now trying to rediscover me...the civilian me.
Hard road to travel when you've traveled it so long with out any real direction or any diagnosis to sort you out, but that is trial and error and hopefully successful results.
Still work to be done.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 17 Sep 2016, 09:19; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 7 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by johnny211 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 07:53

Congrats Danny, its been a long, long rd for you brother. BZ.
VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 07:13

Good to hear Danny, things are finally starting to work out good for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 17 Sep 2016, 07:00

To be fair to my fellow Veterans, Canadians and Veterans Affairs Canada staff, this past following week I had outstanding results with my file (two successful appeals).
Piecing the puzzle together after the fact and making sure you're receiving what your entitled to is a hard job (I wouldn't want it), but thank you (Staff), outstanding and we're getting there.
BZ.
This reconsideration is the last that  I ask of VRAB and then guys and gals it is finally over for me.

Thank you for the support !!!
Keep you posted
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 07 Sep 2016, 05:14

Step 3

Your claim is at the decision making level. All your supporting documentation was received on June 16, 2016. We strive to provide a decision within 16 weeks, however, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of applications.

Closure? Maybe?

and still awaiting a reconsideration for another matter.
VAC knows how to make life feel like it is always under the GOC control...
To learn, serve and protect....thanks DND for the brainwashing, undoing it is a lot harder Neutral

FYI I have a three prong approach if VAC messes up. I may share my entire file with fellow veterans ....Good book keeping, makes for good records, just in case.
(How one is medically released and treated like shit all along the process to the point of considering suicide makes me wonder. Yes! it is time we stand up to these guys...)

I am on ELB (which can be cut off at any time; to which it is almost like VAC is hanging it over my head like a carrot) , but I do feel for the SISIP guys and gals.
WE all need to be treated equally (painted with the same brush).
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 14 Jul 2016, 08:10

Spearheading the change over from the PA to the NVC isn't easy and for anyone else who is being 3b medically released, best of luck!
It is even worst then a good kick in the.....use or imagination.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 13 Jul 2016, 16:39

A reconsideration is a different department than an initial claim and should be a certain amount of weeks not years but as Newf stated they are back logged quite a lot.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Wed 13 Jul 2016, 16:25

Submit any new evidence asap.   And make note and keep copies of what you sent them. Good luck!  I am waiting 26 weeks now on a decision on a disability app. I have been told by VAC they are way behind and are currently reviewing disability applications that were submitted from mid November of 2015.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:20

I am at the point that I lost all respect for Veterans Affairs Canada.  
What does opening new offices do????     NOTHING
I now just hang up the phone when disrespected by VAC on their useless 1-800-help lines.
I was respectful and proud at one point in my life, but being beating down by VAC, well, you can make your up your own conclusions.

Sent: UTC 2016-07-13 12:09 (THROUGH MY VAC ACCOUNT TODAY)

What a frustrating system.
I am still waiting for an answer and it has been over a year
(more accurately, since my 3b medical release in 2003)
VAC, my next step will be to go live and public & I'll send my
entire file to all the Media outlets.
I am tired of being treated like a third class citizen.
Approve me or deny me, so I can move on with my life without
a VAC decision hanging over my head.

UTC 2014-12-02 11:08  FIRST POINT OF CONTACT WITH VAC REFRENCE MY RECONSIDERATION

I have further evidence that was not submitted to the board of
review that is beneficial to my appeal!

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 06:31; edited 2 times in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:09

Can you believe I am still waiting! If I hear this again, "well Sir! you can appeal VAC's decision" one more time! I'll lose my mind......disassociation with VAC !
One year, seven months and Oh! still waiting.
Sincerely,
Abused and Forgotten.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 05 Apr 2016, 08:32

Danny. The NVC regulations support this

"50. For the purposes of subsection 45(1) of the Act, a member or veteran is presumed, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have established that an injury or disease is a service-related injury or disease, or a non-service-related injury or disease that was aggravated by service, if it is demonstrated that the injury or disease or its aggravation was incurred in the course of

(d) the transportation of the member or veteran while on authorized leave by any means authorized by a military authority, other than public transportation, between the place at which the member or veteran normally performed duties and the place at which the member or veteran was to take leave or a place at which public transportation was available;"

Since you are technically on leave, whenever you are not at work, you are deemed covered by the NVC, while on your way to and from work, unless you are using public transportation at the time of the injury, (most likely their compensation would be higher anyways)

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 05 Apr 2016, 08:19

Dealing with VRAB is often worse than VAC itself, since they are completely unanswerable to anyone. They can literally tell a veteran that they are denying them benefits, because they don't like their face, and the Veteran is utterly powerless. The minister cannot change their decision. The courts can only tell the same board members to look at the case again. The ombudsmen can write reports until he is blue in the face, but VRAB won't be forced to change.

So any Veteran, regardless of the strength of their medical evidence, is put through undue stress when having to deal with VRAB. I've had a expert medical opinion from an orthopedic surgeon, called speculative at best, and that my consequential disability was merely a coincidence. I've also had them minimize another claim, by stating that I had pre-existing conditions, and accidents before joining the Navy, without providing any evidence to back up their claims, because they were lies.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Apr 2016, 07:00

I know I can win my case and I have the paperwork and medical evidence to do so, just wish it would be resolved.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Apr 2016, 06:26

tfmm wrote:Being in uniform and on your way to a base should be considered service related.
A Legion rep told me VA has awarded in the past under similar circumstances.

As for wait times...
A friend of mine told me yesterday that a large number of GST cheques were not processed (hers included), and that when she asked her gov. friend about it she was told gov. employees were being sacked across country so Harper could say he balanced the budget before re-election.
Prepare for a long wait for pretty much everything.

Can someone send me real documentation as I want to be prepared and ready for anything. I know I was wronged and I will right a wrong!

This private is not being pushed around and bullied any longer by GOC and VRAB.....benefit of the doubt, what a monkey suit process.....
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Apr 2016, 06:23

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/cavrab/doc/2014/2014canlii91045/2014canlii91045.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQANUkhJQiBhY2NpZGVudAAAAAAB&resultIndex=1

Just doing a little research and here is something I found that may be useful in my case ( A precedence).

Maybe I need an updated medical?

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum