Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

+13
rucksack031
meathead
Slaket
Jeffery M
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
BinRat
pinger
bigrex
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 34 of 70 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 52 ... 70  Next

Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 34 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Sep 2015, 15:33

Actually Teen, the Liberals said that they would make the changes this fiscal year, so within 6 months of taking office. If that isn't urgent, I don't know what is. So we will know right away, if the Liberals intend on keeping their promises. With the NDP, we both know that their only real priority is the 15$ daycare, and even that will take several years, if at all. So with their promise of four balanced budgets, I would be surprised if their review of the NVC ever actually culminates in anything. And the Tories have proven that a balanced budget trumps all, so I would not trust any promises that they may make in the next four weeks.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 34 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 15:21

It's getting harder to comment on this topic , all of today's comments all make a lot of sense.

The reality is that we only have three to choose from , an all three are pretty much a tie with less than a Month before the election.

Those who oppose the Conservatives in them getting re - elected , I am on board with that.

So for us that leaves only two , the NDP , an the Liberals.

I'm not impressed with the Idea of re - establishing the lifelong pension in it being taxed , not good at all , a tax free pension would have made it comparable to the PA , an would have actually in a sense made it a change back to the old act with the added NVC benefits which would have solved the problem , problem being fairness to the NVC Veterans compared to those from the old act.
It may sound or look good , but to me in my own opinion , taxing this pension would not fully solve the problem , short term , absolutely , but in the long haul it will leave room for more un - happy Veterans.
So to me it maybe better then what is available today , but falls short of fully solving the problem.

Again , we need more specifics from both the Liberals , an the NDP , I for one would like to know those specifics now , not after the election.

One has to wonder , if their short on specifics , do they really know themselves the specifics ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 15:20

He is a dictator teen enough said right there we are now living in a communist country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Sep 2015, 14:57

Actually Supreme if the Libs put forward lump sum or life long monthly it is a change of the act which requires a vote on the floor, senate, vote on the floor to have it put into the NVC.  The NVC states Lump Sum.  That's the phrase that has to be legislatively changed.

I live in Ontario and I am living with what 'hope' is doing to this province.  The Liberals have screwed us over and continually bends us over every freekn' day.  So sorry hope is not something I can take a chance on because it is too costly.

Now I can state the good things Harper has done for vets, which is a fairly good list, but because he is so loathed by everyone it is a waste of time for me to do so.  

Most vets look at any improvements for veterans in a "it doesn't help me so I don't care" attitude.

I get all the improvements, programs, benefits, research sent to me by VAC.  Over the last 5 years there was a lot done to improve vets lives.

The improved lives of vets was proven today by the NDP.  They did not promise a lot because there is not much more to promise.  The $425 million over 4 years that's not an improvement to vets.  It was a "we gotta commit something to vets" statement.

If the Cons did a crappy job with the portfolio over the last 5 years the NDP would have come out with a hell of a lot more bluster and promises, like the Liberals have.

I still don't know who I'm voting for.  There are still a lot of details to come out.  And I still haven't seen 'urgency' in improving vet lives from any of the parties and this tells me we are a back burner portfolio to the parties.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 14:16

Teen...rather then making changes to the act...the regulations can be changed quite easily rather then the act. It could be done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:46

yup its right there a chance hope if ya will. slim chance????? sure it is im guessing 1 in 6 but its still the best chance disabled vets have had for equality in about 10 years . its either take the chance or have no chance . its a choice between a little hope and garneted hopelessness .

yup ask every question you can . get every detail as possible . in the end that one chance that may only come around every 10 years or so may be as close as your polling station on October 19 th .

DONT YA THINK YA REALLY OUGHT TO TAKE IT??????

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:42

Teen, if you won't vote on "hope" for change, then you are voting to keep getting screwed over right now. If they get reelected, the Tories will do nothing to improve our benefits, unless they are forced to by the courts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:37

Sometimes Teen , Hope is all we have in this life, nothing is guaranteed , I'm placing my vote with JT , no choice, but prove me wrong , if Harper comes up with something that will improve and beat JT promises then I will vote for him because at this point it's been too long we need victory for veterans , once and for all

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:32

Nav I am not going to cast my vote on 'hope'. Hope only gets you screwed in the long run. Until I get more details I will, as propat always says, question authority.

Get more details before October 19 for us Navrat so we can make a vote that counts to improve veterans lives.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:22

Teen your right and wrong ! Maybe it's a hook promise but maybe it's not? Nobody knows but the liberals at least are promising what are Harper and Mulclair promising , nothing. At least there's hope with the liberals but Harper ain't going to give us nothing. All those announcements amounted to nothing a few people got it now that's a hook if I ever saw anything. They could have very easy extended Sisip LTd and ELB for life, problem solved , but came up with a stupid stupid RISP benefit that isn't getting good reviews from veterans who are trying to get or have started to get it. There even taking the PIA off the RISB according to some veterans who have posted on otooles Facebook page. Harpers in power and has blew it! Mulclair blew it! Maybe JT pot smoking, youth and lack of experience is just what we need, maybe he will implement these life long pensions because he thinks it's the right thing to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:16

I didn't attend the NDP cry for votes today in Dartmouth. I already made up my mind about this party's platform. Recent comments made by Mr. Peter Stoffer, which now made concrete by his boss on their view affirmed it for me.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 16:52; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : no one to proof read my post.lol)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:13

yup the cons are fracked from the get go 10 years and the moast movement we got was when we took them to court ,

harpper CANT SCARE ME and tell me Justin will turn Canada into a third world county with 30 billion added to the national debt what the frack do they think we are idiots ?????

harper added around 178 billion to the national debt after the crash of 08 . that didn't scare me in the least and ill tell ya why . IT WAS THE RIGHT FRACKIN THING TA DO !!!!!

that's right harpper had it right just as trudeau has it right . it takes a degree of increased targeted spending during an economic downturn to lessen its impacts on the economy and infrastructure has always been cited as the best target for this kind of spending .

just about every economist on the planet will tell ya that even harppers own higherd guns have said as much after 08 and that is exactly what they did.

ya I know this isn't 08 but we aint talkin about 178 billion neither .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:11

Here is a detail that is extremely important that needs to be answered but the Liberals are refusing to answer.

If you are seriously injured you qualify for ELB, PIA, PIA S, CPPD, VIP Grant, EELB. Are these benefits going to affect this proposed life long pension? Will some of these benefits be taken away? Will the life long monthly payment be 'clawed back' with each benefit already on the books?

This promise is a pure FUBAR in the making because the "Legislated NVC" has to be revised to change payments.

I can say with absolute certainty this idea was looked at as a 'hook promise' just to get the vote. There is absolutely no thought put into implementing this promise. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong that this is a promise that is going to completely cock-up the existing NVC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:02

Lump sum Vs. Monthly Payment is a hot bottom topic. It should not be! We have a voice and it will be heard in four weeks to this day.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 13:00

VOTE LIBERAL IF THEY ARE LYING BLOCK OFF EVERY FKN ENTRANCE IN AND OUT OF EVERY FKN MILITARY BASE IN THE COUNTRY. OR STAY AT HOME AND WINE LIKE YOU'S ARE DOING. BAN TOGETHER LIKE SUPREME SAID!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 70 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 52 ... 70  Next