Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

+13
rucksack031
meathead
Slaket
Jeffery M
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
BinRat
pinger
bigrex
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 36 of 70 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 53 ... 70  Next

Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 36 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:12

Not to mention it's a way to play nice with PSAC to garner their vote. Really opening the 9 closed offices is a frickn' joke!

If I hear one more vet or politician say I have to drive hours to see my CM I'm going to lose! The vet DOES NOT have to go to their CM. The CM GOES TO THE VET!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets - Page 36 Empty Re: 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:06

Stoffer knows more about the issues then anyone else. Reviewing again is just a strategy to put off. That's it that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:04

To say he is going to 'review' the NVC is pure BS. Stoffer has been doing the VAC file for nearly a decade!

If Stoffer hasn't figured out what's wrong with the NVC by now then why the hell would anyone want the NDP to be in charge????

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:00

Well I ure as fack will not vote for Harper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:58

Where the NDP stand on our file.
Keeping the status quo with a review process?  Lump sum affirmed; no movement on this issue.  Did Thomas Mulclair not hear the question properly? All that was needed was a simple YES or NO on the question of the lump sum issue and he skirted around the question and involved Peter Stoffer in his statement.
Hopefully now that he has empowered Mr. Stoffer to speak on his behalf in regards to our file, Mr. Stoffer will be able to give DETAILS of what the NDP intend to do.
As for now, the Liberals have said exactly what some or maybe all veterans want to hear and that is the return of the monthly pension back to injured veterans post NVC era.
Trudeau may or may not win the election, but if he comes in second, he will become the official opposition leader and now instead of fighting with Mr. Harper it maybe with Mr. Mulclair instead.
I didn’t join the circus, I joined the Canadian Armed Forces. All that  is asked for is for fair treatment across the board for all injured veterans, thank you.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:07; edited 2 times in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:47

What really got me, was him talking about Tommy Douglas, saying that he had 17 balanced budget, THEN brought in healthcare. I don't want Mulclair to balance the budget for several years before he starts making changes, and that is what will happen with this "review" promise. The Liberals claim their plan will cost $300 million, just for this year, and many say that it won't be enough, so I doubt that the NDP's $500 million over four years will be enough to get the job done, even without bringing back the pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:43

Here's the questions I sent to Andrew Leslie

1. Lump sum or life long pension:
- is this a tax free pension?
- will this be a going forward benefit or will the Liberals reach out to those vets who had to take the lump sum but would have preferred a life long pension?

2. The 400 new hires for service delivery is that on top of the 200 new hires already committed that will equal 600 new hires or is it just 200 hires to bring the level to 400?

3. Double funding the Last Post Fund is good news but what needs to be addressed is the very complicated rules. Will the Liberals cut and reduce the rules or just offer double funding? Double funding is a very hollow promise if the current rules and regulations still apply.

4. As the Liberals first major campaign promise was to the veterans will the very first bill of a new Liberal government be for the veterans? The most enticing promise is the 2 centre's of excellence for veterans health. I would like to see that implemented asap as there are many 'broken' veterans and CF members that need help.

Here is his reply 8 days later

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. I apologize for the delay. While some details are difficult to address until we're in power (or, at least, until the Liberal costing platform is released) I will answer what I can.

Like all pensions in Canada, this will not be tax-free. However, those who received the lump sum will be able to take a lifelong pension following a retroactive assessment of their initial payment.

It's impossible to say what the first piece of legislation will be, though this isn't to say we won't start working it from day one. Veterans issues are near and dear to me, and it's time a Liberal government makes up for the promises the Conservatives broke.

Kind regards,

Andy Leslie

In my experience with promises from candidates this answer is a red flag! They have made promises they have not thought through. If they couldn't answer the extra workers immediately....that's bad decision making.

Will definitely follow this one up when they release their costing platform
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:43

I think Peter has no say, mulclair controls the agenda. At this point JT is looking the best nobody can say if he'll follow thru but at least he's actually putting it out there and it would be hard for him not too. Voting liberAl , got no choice, the liberals so far are the best shot we got

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:38

Did he even mention the CPP clawback?

And the apology to service personel kicked out due to sexual orientiation???? What the hell is that about?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:35

More" inquiries"...more things will be "reviewed" spending money stupidly like usual. The reports are out there about what should be fixed. Can't say I didn't say that as Veterans we need to make a stand. Until unity actually happens...this is the treatment we will continue to get. When are you all ready? When is enough enough? If trudeau is all smoke and mirrors....the veteran community is screwed. I'm not all doom and gloom....but no one will fix sh*t until we scream. We haven't screamed.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:13

well that cancels my trip to see him today in Charlottetown. Wow, there is practically nothing in there of substance. Like the rest of you, I now know where my X will go. I am sort of blown away that Peter, seeing the Liberal policy for wks could not have come up with something that will improve the lives of All Vets..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:13

Agent orange would damn near imposible to prove I have neuropathy and the rash picked up drums from chopper behind tank wash agent white /purple wont see a fkn dime you can bet your a$$ on that. the inquiry personal will make money!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 10:03

Well at least it's of no surprise , an now we know where all three parties stand with our file.

Mulcair promises better care for Canada's 'disrespected' military veterans

HALIFAX -- Canada's "disrespected" military veterans would see more federal health care support under an NDP government, party leader Tom Mulcair announced Monday.
"I will ensure our government honours the sacrifices of our veterans and provides the services and benefits they've earned," Mulcair said at a legion hall in Halifax.
Mulcair said a government under his leadership would spend $454 million over four years to provide treatment for veterans suffering from the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD.

The money would also be used to improve long-term care services and the Veterans Independence Program.
Mulcair criticized the Conservative government for letting veterans down through cuts to their health services.
"Ask our veterans and they will tell you about nine years of disrespect they've seen from Stephen Harper," he said.
Mulcair also announced that an NDP government, if elected, will apologize and "make amends" to former servicemen and women who were forced out of the military over their sexual orientation.
Mulcair calls the move a measure of fairness that is long overdue.
"And we will launch a public inquiry into the spraying of Agent Orange at CFB Gagetown," he added.
The federal government set aside nearly $100 million in 2007 for Canadians harmed by Agent Orange and other chemicals used at the base.

Agent Orange is a toxic herbicide that was sprayed at CFB Gagetown in the mid-1960s by the U.S. military, with permission from Canada.
Exposure to it has been known to lead to some skin disorders, liver problems and certain types of cancer.
Mulcair made the announcements as his election campaign continues to tour Atlantic Canada.
He was expected to travel to Charlottetown later in the day.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/mulcair-promises-better-care-for-canada-s-disrespected-military-veterans-1.2573083

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 09:03

FRAAAAAAAKKKKKK!!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 09:02

I normally don't decide this early but I gotta tell ya im all but there. fracking three way tie as well guess we may end up sweating this one out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 70 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 53 ... 70  Next