Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest VVi News

+6
bigrex
Rifleman
Skud
Admin
johnny211
Kramer
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Latest VVi News - Page 3 Empty Re: Latest VVi News

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:40

I'd like to know where everyone gets these ptsd statistics that state there is a 20 percent fraud rate? I have never heard a thing about this. As for the insurance company lovers out there if it was up to them and their Conservative union disabilty bashing friends they would love everyone to think the fraud rate is 95 percent. I do believe it's sad to post as I would call it enemy propaganda concerning ptsd fraud. It wasn't to long ago that certain conditons, mostly non combat ones, cancer etc weren't considered pensionable and no body wanted to give a vac pension to anyone who developed these conditions. Sometimes veterans eat their own, they are there own worse enemy's. So what if a couple of people out of thousands are faking, I don't care, just the fact that the majority of ptsd suffers are getting help is good enough for me, sometimes people act like the government's money is there's, it's not, it's just paper, debt is not real, every country since time has had massive paper debt, it just gets inflated away. Never let the banks or insurance companies let you believe they are hard done by, just take a look at your pension then look at theirs, that tells the real story!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:25

lmao@wildthing

That's the understatement of the century. So so shy.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:22

Hey wild thing how about emotional outbreak LOL now back to self medicating 😳😳😳

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:00

As you's all know im not amuned to throwing my own hissy fits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:54

lol@rifleman.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:51

And Somedays...

Opinions = Attitudes = Arseholes.
We each have all three.

Author of said article almost strikes me as a shyte-disturbing troll.
Why? It's op-ed alright.

Truth's, half-truth's, and assumptions thrown in a blender for vivid consumption.
To each their own but I ain't drinking it. Frack it.

I don't have PTSD but remember how it was "treated" 100 years ago.
Should that article have been posted? Not to me, but that's a... judgement call.

Just My Arsehole opinion...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:51

Well wild thing I will have to think on that for a bit just smoked a bomb a little foggy right now

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:42

rifleman give me another term for take it down or i'm quitting and i will use it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:21

Hissy fits ? one can post whatever the frack he wants

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:06

Apparently the big guy and myself posted something that was not well received well that was on a canadian veterans site was giving you's a heads up as was C.J. it's out there. Suck it up soldiers don't throw shyte at the mail man for delivering the mail with bills in it the next time a check maybe in it and and the response will be the h--- with him i don't want shyte thrown at me again. It is an article from a vet who has ptsd won't admit it because he don't want to lose his right to buy a gun he is just shooting his mouth off and denying himself. the hissy fits i seen on here this morning was WTF is wrong with these guys i didn't like the article but dismissed it. It is not going to prevent people from seeking help people themselves are going to keep themselves from seeking help. DON'T MAKE PEOPLE AFRAID TO POST I SAY POST WHAT EVER YOU WANT IT MAY HELP SOMEONE IT MAY P--- SOME OFF, PERSONALLY IT IS ALL HELPING ME AND AT THE SAME TIME P---ING ME OFF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 29 Jan 2016, 12:40

I don't know if this guy who wrote this was trying to point this out as a "positive concern".

I agree with him that anything in the news nowadays wether it's veteran or civy PTSD is an excuse/reason.

That said can anyone really argue with the fact that when you hear/read this kind of situation and PTSD is the excuse/reason you don't worry that this is "diluting" the term PTSD?

This guy is not saying anything a lot of us already know....some guys do use PTSD as an out and it only casts that suspicion on vets with PTSD. Wether it is with the law or VAC.

It's a fact and we have witnessed this week with the article that 47% of CF personnel are victims of sexual abuse as a child. IMO this article is a hell of a lot more insulting then what this guy wrote. And this article is more damaging then what this guy wrote.

This guy wrote an opinion with no proof or study to back up what he said. The article of sexual abuse is from a study! And this is a study VAC/VRAB/DND will use to question/deny/release a CF/vet member.

So in a bizzaro world scenario let's look at the study on sexual abuse and use this guys article as an answer to the study.....a study like this can be answered by a soldier because they both have the same "reality check" as an asshole....everyone has one!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 11:50

bigrex - Never thought of it, but like you say some of these "Vets with PTSD crimes" you hear off, would be totally not heard of if it was a baker, or pizza guy with ptsd. We make better news because we know how to handle weapons and ourselves, and if we happen to have PTSD, well then lookout. .. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:47

I'm sorry, I have not been diagnosed with PTSD, but my father has, and I grew up knowing that if you were to wake him, to shake him by his feet, because he woke up swinging. True, the article in question is only an opinion piece from a far right American Veteran (the same kind that want to build walls to separate the States and Canada), so it really holds no weight. But it really has no place on VVI.I/CSAT, because IMO, it should be trying to build up veterans issues, not tear them down. And unlike past articles and evidence provided by Allied countries and Canada, that members found controversial or disagreed with, this article does not reference any kind of actual research or studies to back up the opinions of the writer. All it does is cast dispersions on anyone who has been legitimately diagnosed with PTSD, which in turn could make exasperate some of the symptoms of those suffering from it. They tend to be a bit paranoid, so imagine how a PTSD sufferer could feel walking down the street, now wondering if everyone they pass now thinks that they are faking it, because they read the article. We have thousands of Veterans who have been diagnosed with PTSD, and yes, some have had run in with the law, some very serious. Yet the Americans probably have tens of thousands, or more, with the prolonged conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and probably 300000+ active military deployed, plus private contractors like Blackwater. Not to mention the remaining Veterans from past conflicts, like Vietnam. So they are dealing with a far number more of Veterans with PTSD, and just like here in Canada, anytime a Veteran or active military member is involved, especially if they have PTSD, it suddenly becomes newsworthy. The media will report on any crime involving a veteran, that otherwise they would not, if the person was say a Mechanic or worked in retail. Thus perpetuating the idea that a lot of Veterans are using PTSD to excuse their actions, because if they weren't a Veteran with PTSD, the author wouldn't have even heard about it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:12

I have read the artical and I do not agree with it and I also believe it sends a bad message to personal who may think they have symptoms that relate to ptsd to shy away from getting help that is required in order to try and live some type of normal life if that's what you want to call it and from my point of view I know for myself I went through a very long process before I was told I had ptsd weeks of testing months of appointments and then and only then was it put to pen and paper and confirmed and then sent to vac to me what I went through I just find it hard to comprehend why anybody would want to do that

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 08:49

I don't suggest we don't move in conjunction with vets of other countries im saying all other countries problem ARE NOT the same as ours AND ours ARE NOT the same as theirs .

nor have I said implied or suggested CANADIAN vets be divided AT ALL ,fact is we are have been since 06 , the buyout is the part of that legislation that did that .

if you have read my posts from the past you would quickly realize my MAIN goal is actually to UNITE us .

yes ACTICALS suggesting this and that I have read and they are out their .

FILTER THEM OUT!!!!

look at the CANADIAN ones with ACTUAL studies and research.

that will leave you only articles suggesting that NOT ONLY is this not a major problem IN this country but quite the opposite our biggest problem with PTSD is that a large number of people
that actually have PTSD or similar issues ARE NOT getting diagnosed and helped mostly because they don't want to seek help for various reasons .

it comes to mind now im not really sure this is a problem in the US seriously . we had a homeless conversation not that long ago that I was forced to read American research on the topic because WE DONT STUDY the problem ONE STUDY from CANADA is all I can find .

the writer of this article suggests that AMERICAN soldiers ARE faking this for attention and/or money !!!

BUT the latest Harvard study on their homeless vet problem shows ( if I recall correctly ) that approximately 75% of the homeless Iraqi/afgan vets HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED with combat related PTSD AND DO NOT receive compensation OR treatment for this .

they believe due to the young age they left the military they didn't know these things were available to them .

these two articles seem to conflict greatly .

so to me the ACTUAL research from Harvard also seems to suggest that the guy that wrote that article is a lying piece of crap .

yup we may have this problem in the future because the more and more NON evidence based articles like this that are written and posed will give that perception and we all know what happens to perception don't we .

so we may have this problem in the future if only a perceived one because to many that perception is reality .

thanks for listening

ALWAYS QUESTION ATHORITY

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next