Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do we do now any suggestions ????

+4
johnny211
pinger
Rifleman
bigrex
8 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What do we do now any suggestions ???? Empty Re: What do we do now any suggestions ????

Post by pinger Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:38

Double post duplicity???
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

What do we do now any suggestions ???? Empty Re: What do we do now any suggestions ????

Post by pinger Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:38

Don't you be cracking any mirrors Navrat...Rolling Eyes
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:09

Thank you Sparrow, I didn't want to state the obvious!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 19:47

Well said post Navrat ~ and you did even mention your stellar looks in your post! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 19:10

I agree with you Sparrow and I wanna a peace too, a peace of Trudeaus billion dollar deficit, lol, it's a nicer place on CSAT when everyone is working together because even thou we are on all different journeys the end game is all the same! Security, Security, Security, in income , health and dignity!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 15:36

wild thing wrote:First things first i would like to apologize to you Teen by saying im sorry. Now let me explain why i came after you i felt betrayed again like 1000 times before some thing woke up in me between yesterday and today cannot explain it but a peace simular to the way i used to be before i joined and i like it. The urge to fight everyone and everything is at peace at least for right now. you had every right to vote the way you did and especially for the reason you did understand it is our illness that attacked you not our true selves and not the people we want to be or were. So teen once again i appologize i was wrong you were doing what was right for your familly and i admire that i could not see that for anger and hate but see it now. im not a mushy type of guy but i will admit when im wrong and i was wrong.

Well said wild thing ~ it takes a good person to apologize. I am happy you are more at peace, everyone deserves a little peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 12 Feb 2016, 14:36

“When we get them together at Cockrell House they bond with each other and find out there is someone who can understand and listen to their concerns,” he said. “To people that haven’t served in the military, it’s a bond they can’t truly understand.”

So True Do..

I really like that quote because it is so true.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 12 Feb 2016, 14:34

I believe things are being done as we type. For example this article;
http://www.lookoutnewspaper.com/help-continues-homeless-veterans/
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 06:37

First things first i would like to apologize to you Teen by saying im sorry. Now let me explain why i came after you i felt betrayed again like 1000 times before some thing woke up in me between yesterday and today cannot explain it but a peace simular to the way i used to be before i joined and i like it. The urge to fight everyone and everything is at peace at least for right now. you had every right to vote the way you did and especially for the reason you did understand it is our illness that attacked you not our true selves and not the people we want to be or were. So teen once again i appologize i was wrong you were doing what was right for your familly and i admire that i could not see that for anger and hate but see it now. im not a mushy type of guy but i will admit when im wrong and i was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 15:53

Thanks rucksack !

Nice to read your post an well said !

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Thu 11 Feb 2016, 15:41

Hello all its been some time, been under intense treatment, there for lack of response on my part. Now I have been able to read a lot as of late, but no strength or mind set to post. Today not bad, if I may respond on to all as Vets, IT seems some take what one posts to heart, the backlashing at some point with some needs to stop. JMO I could careless who or what party anyone voted for, that's there Democratic right. Now with that being said I think every ones input is important. Now yes the Lib are the power to be, yes they did offer the majority of what the vet community wanted to here. JMO when I read the highs and as of now the lows. We must not lose sight, of the objective at hand, I for one Read what Teen an others have posted, regardless of how they voted, and my perspective is Teens goals have never waiver, not a ounce regardless, He is correct when he says the pressure must be kept up, that's it, and that's what he is trying to get across, no free pass for anyone regardless of party. And yes Wildthing is extremely educated on how politics works, and when he attended all those meetings over the last decade he sure as hell made his intentions well know, and they were the same goals he has today ,what is in the best interest of vets regardless whom is in power. I hope in hell they do enact the PMO mandate Letter on the Vets file. Now I here all the comments on lack of communication, I don't believe we deserve to be sitting in the dark, on the premise of a promise, I thought before now some sort of sit-rep would have come forth, and lack of that, to oneself is so disrespect full, So if one went back to the lawsuit and lack of intel, just remember the anxiety that created, only to be left in the dark, and no insight , then the back lash on how much was actually taken, by then to late for our two cents worth and no recourse. Hell I'm still waiting on e-mail responses pre and post election, Remember it was not only the Liberal party promise , but was delivered by Retd lgen Leslie, yet no response ?. So in the end I don't believe we should have to wait, for the budget for a simple update, does not sit well with me. So in the end we all have different opinions, hell some may not even like each other, But we need to WORK together. Been so medicated, almost forgot Congrats, Trooper, And tks Old buddie RR for those Poem great stuff. Take care all .
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 15:22

Remember folks it's only opinions..allow all to state their opinion..respect one another.

I posted the Equitas info as to how they perceived it with regards to the lifelong probably being taxed because of the lack of info given to us from those who promised to bring it back.
Also if you remember back when we were asking question to the Liberal staffers about the lifelong..they dodged answering any question directly related to the lifelong pension an further to this if I'm not mistaken some were told it would probably be taxed.
Then we hear that they themselves the (Liberals) have to go back to the various Veterans groups to ask exactly what they meant by lifelong pensions.
Also if they reinstate the lifelong pension as per the pension act..they basically are bringing back the old pension act which they already said they will not do.
So the question remains..how in the hell are they going to ( REINSTATE ) the lifelong pension without bringing back the old pension act ?
This is why I'm skeptical about this whole reinstating the lifelong pension..if it's taxed..they are not reinstating the lifelong pension simple because the lifelong pension that they are suppose to be reinstating... is not taxed..if they don't tax it..they will be bringing back the old pension act..at least the pension portion of it.
Remember back when the NVC was first announced..Veterans seem to be happy..why ? Because they added benefits to it an they are very good at making things look good..The Legion liked it..because most were already Grandfathered into the old act..the ones who wrote it..knew this..when Veterans started to realize there were being screwed over by the lump sum when compared to the old act..the shit hit the fan..an it's going to continue to hit the fan until the tax free lifelong pension is brought back..if the government in power wants to continue to improve benefits fine..but sooner or later..perhaps not in my lifetime..the tax free lifelong pension will be brought back.
The same goes with the benefits brought out early last year..people were thankful an happy at first..but it did not take long to figure out that the main issue was again left out.
Listen folks there's nothing complex in reinstating the lifelong pension..especially when we have a Minister who when publicly asked about how much funds are you willing to provide ? His answer..whatever it takes.
The only thing that I can see being complex..that is the way in which they will write the legislation to make it seem as though..yes..we have brought back the lifelong pension..where I doubt this will mirror the tax free lifelong pension..we would have heard more details if that were the case.
With respect to those who already received lump sums..like I said if it takes them four years to figure this out an they say they'll pay whatever it takes..forgive those lump sums.
I don't expect to hear anything about the lifelong pension in the upcoming budget only to say that there working on it..remember they do not have a magic Wand.
Further to this..whenever or if ever this comes to legislation..it better fit right for those in BC involved in the suit..the last I heard it was on hold until May of this year..whether their working behind closed doors teen..I haven't got a clue..but I have no doubt that the suit will continue if those writing the legislation get it wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 14:52

We do appreciate that Teen they have to come out for air sometime maybe a fight to get vac back in Ottawa might make them a little more transparent. They apparently had bomb threats i heard about it on line never even made the news in Ontario that i seen but that woman chocking trash has been on continuosly thats the kind of crap we see here over and over better not forget ice sculptures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 11 Feb 2016, 14:29

I walked away from my duties at VVi but I have still been having "chats" and I have been lobbying to help, suggest, open the door but they are being blocked too.

It seems that the door is welded shut!

That's why it's important to keep the press involved. Barrage Karen McCrimmon, Andrew Leslie to get us info.

Listen I totally agree with everyone. It was a rough 10 years and not getting info was and has always been hard to get.

When I was at the meetings all of the vet orgs were on the ADM's and DM and the Minister's chief of staff give us info.

The changes to the admin procedures changed a lot over the last 3/4 years and we advocates had no idea because they wouldn't even give us a heads up about the changes. An ADM who transferred out of VAC told me that for some reason VAC's policy is and always has been...

If you want to know the changes then read. Read everyday over and over.

At Stogran's farewell presser in 2010 I put it out there on why is VAC the only gov't department that is not in Ottawa? Back in the late 70's Pierre Trudeau wanted to move gov't departments out of Ottawa and to different locales across Canada. The only department to move was VAC.

There is a built in pressure in Ottawa because it is the 'hub' of Canada and politics. VAC does not feel this. They are out on the little island doing there Maritime thing. That atmosphere has crept into the work ethic of VAC. Where the work ethic of Ottawa is so amped it's crazy!

Maybe that's why it's hard to get the info. It's a government department in a small town atmosphere.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 14:21

ya teen you are right all we have now is speculation and no actual info AT ALL . its peeing everyone off and yup now you have that hair trigger . its anxiety really .

hell just by thinking about it im getting on my own nerves .

if the budget comes and goes without the lifelong pension legislation but just the financials for the upcoming legislation and they don't explain afterward what road they are heading down it is only going to get worse .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next