Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do we do now any suggestions ????

+4
johnny211
pinger
Rifleman
bigrex
8 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What do we do now any suggestions ???? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do we do now any suggestions ????

Post by Dannypaj Thu 11 Feb 2016, 07:58

Dannypaj wrote:Canadian "UN"armed Forces of Canada, emphasize "UN", Peace will only happen if you are not whipping out your CF-18 and showing them how big they are!
Bombing is doing what?  Killing people? Well! In Canada that would be considered murder.
Do unto others as you want others to do unto you.
Defending our sovereignty? Yes, that is understandable.
This world needs a peaceful place and a place that is neutral from all conflicts. Canada is well known for our freedoms and democratic rights and as Canadian we should be opposed to dropping bombs. (Adding fuel to the fire doesn’t help and plus do we as news readers really understand what is happening overseas?)
Keep in mind readers, this is 2016 and when you are sending 300+ trainers or more of the brightest fighting soldiers from Canada to train the trainers????
Military wise, we are in good hands.

COMMON sense prevails!!!!    "0Help your "\/eterans Canada"! that is priority number one,  that is why we voted for you! and then maybe the ones who have been sidelined may contribute to  the so called peace efforts in other ways i.e political science or another ick bob degree......hold on  let me retrieve my degree from the compost bin.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/world/UN-Chief-to-Welcome-Canada-Back-to-World-Stage/2016/02/10/article3269965.ece
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

What do we do now any suggestions ???? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do we do now any suggestions ????

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 06:49

trooper there is ONLY one outcome THE RE-ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PA PENSION . that's it that's all. ive said it for many years now this WILL happen come hell or high water .

QUESTION IS witch party will do it ?

the vet community had its battles with the GOC in the past but this thing is a war started by the GOC with the buyout and will not end until the PA pension is re- established .

as time goes on this fight will get louder as the NVC vets take up a higher percentage of the vet community and eventually BE the entire vet community .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 06:22

The Liberals like to spend & the Liberals like to tax.

The Liberals are all politicians an like all politicians they quickly lose focus on the priorities an concentrate on what they think makes them look better then their opponents.

I voted Liberal for one reason an that's because they had the best to offer for Veterans.

Will the rest of the Country suffer in the long haul because of the Liberals being in power ?
Yes , I believe they will..but between the three party players..the choices are limited an no real progress can become of each..no party has showed to supersede the other as history has proven.

Things change once you become the leading government..there is a short period of celebration an public commitments made to reassure change is in the works an sunny ways are coming.
The glamour of outside travel becomes a part of being in the spotlight..the mandates are passed down to get looked at , an worked on , the so called promises get left up to others to fulfill.

There are some good promises made by the Liberals to Veterans..these promises supersede any of the other two parties.
I am going to guess that around budget time we are going to hear about the progress made on re - opening of those offices..an the progress on hiring of more staff..we will hear funds allocated for the Veterans homelessness situation..the bump up of the ELB..bump up of the last post fund..mental health facilities..expand access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance an the bump up to the Widows pension.

What we will not hear about is the lifelong pension which is the main issue hitting Veterans an is in their own words..( complex )

These announcements are probably going to be enough to satisfy some..but like history has proven..only for the short term.

I strongly believe that in order for any government to fix the Veteran file..an to fix it right for the long term..they will have to reinstate the lifelong pension as it is written in that act.
It maybe true that fixing gaps here an there..improving things here an there will be perceived as something good..but unless they return the lifelong pension as it is written in the old act they will never..ever..succeed in fixing..what is most needed to finally put this issue to rest.

Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 05:51

If this is the case there will be hell to pay and should be. legal action is on hold to may they will have to know some thing by then. im willing to donate to the fight!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 11 Feb 2016, 05:37

The PMO is a Puppet! He said so himself during a live briefing.  He is not running the show! It is the bureaucratic  old boys club.
Out of all the promises made, one would think that the VETERANS file would be priority number one.  Help your own, then help others, but not in OH- Canada, more like NO Canada, I will think twice before standing on guard for they or allowing any family members to join.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 10 Feb 2016, 21:31

Trudeau and his minions are politicians and they all lie. So many thought that Trudeau was the cat's ass and that things would really change for the better. Well, I don't see that Trudeau is any better than those that came before him. In fact, I suspect before the end of his reign that this nation will be so far in debt that taxes will be raised substanially to stave off a Greece style collapse.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 21:14

R.I.P. Pension Act!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 19:48

ya trooper the easy fast and right way would be to use the PA pension that will not take 3-4 years not even close .

now if they take a long time with this that would mean it isn't going to be the PA pension and probably insignificant enough to force guys to take the "optional" buyout .

so ya it COULD end up being not an amount but a mathematical formula . you get this minus that divide by this subtract that add well nothing and IF there is anything left TAX it .

you know the same crap we have seen for a while now .

we no nothing yet so it really could be anything .

in this case TIME WILL TELL .

the longer this takes the more sure we will be that it is NOT the PA pension .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 19:06

I cannot see us waiting 3 or 4 years only to be told that the lifelong pension will be taxed ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 18:58

I found this update from the Equitas Law suit...I'm posting it here because it shows their perception of what the Liberals mean by reinstating the lifelong pension.
It may shed some light for some as to what the Liberals are planning behind closed doors with regards to the lifelong pension.

Whether it's the case or not remains to be seen.

Canada’s Disabled Soldiers’ Lawsuit vs. Federal Political Party Positions:

The Liberal Party of Canada would not return to the Pension Act. However, they are promising to increase
the tax free lump-sum payment, and declared to provide a probably taxable2
life-long pension model for all
disabled veterans, not just the severely disabled. They promise to provide increased educational funding.
They also promise to increase widows' pensions under the Pension Act, life-long benefits that widows do not
qualify for under the NVC. These measures may further close various “gaps” in the NVC and could have an
impact on ending the litigation. However, if they form Government specifics of their policy will need to be
studied carefully to determine the actual way forward with regard to resumed litigation.

Of the promises made by all political parties, the Green Party of Canada’s indication of a return to the Pension
Act benefits if they formed Government would have the greatest impact in ending this litigation. With regard to
the three major parties that realistically could form Government, or could be a major part of a minority
Government after October 19th the following assessment has been made. At this time, Equitas believes that
although they do not address the significant gaps created by replacing the Pension Act with Part III of the NVC,
the package of reforms announced by the Liberal Party of Canada, specifically the undertaking to deliver a form
of lifelong pensions to all disabled soldiers for economic loss in transition while increasing other benefits, has
the potential to best address the problems with the NVC.

http://equitassociety.ca/September%2021,%202015%20Equitas%20Newsletter.pdf

Notice the words probably taxable ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 18:52

Another day on MVA Hehr's facebook page with several new posts expressing frustration and disappointment with the status of Veteran issues from MVA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 17:43

Thanks Johnny. Good to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 17:42

Pinger, I received virtually the same response as you from MVA office.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 17:40

The budget will be read in March. How do I know that. Well today I heard an MP on CBC, discussing
the money that will be handed out for rebuild rds, etc. And he said we will see the amounts
next month. Not sure if this is news, but there it is. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 17:14

ya you fracking right teen transparency is a must because if they do this wrong and we find out after the fact you know they will dig in there heels and keep saying how good they did while patting each other on the back regardless of how much they fracked it up.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum