Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 38 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 42 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 38 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by pinger Tue 01 Nov 2016, 18:01

That's great vet1234  ! ! !

Missing the pia/s?  JMO but get the tpi designation. It trumps the supplement. You can always re-approach pia/s

I hear you Panser . . . Stay positive, I'm in the same damn...  Sad  frackin boat.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Tue 01 Nov 2016, 16:49

I was just approved for my PIAS but rather than being happy, I am depressed that this is what it has come down too. I just want my life back.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 16:35

Congrats Vet1234!

I commend you for digging in and applying for what you feel is deserved to you.

That's what the benefits are there for, to apply, don't allow anyone to discourage you from applying for any benefit that you think you deserve, including any one Case Manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 16:34

Good news Vet1234.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 16:19

APPROVED!
Just found out I got approved for PIA. Also, next Tuesday my CM is recommending they deem me TPI at some "DT" meeting(not sure what that is.)
I'm guessing they'll deny my PIA S application that I submitted at the same time as my PIA application. I'm hoping that I can ask for a review right away.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 14:15

Got a message from my CM today. She "reviewed" TPI policy and asked me to gather my final grades from VOC Rehab. Apparently if I wasn't successful in Voc Rehab, I should be eligible for TPI status. She said it's on the agenda for next Tuesday. Also, talked to the call center and apparently they made a decision on my PIA... they made the decision on the 27th of October. I haven't received anything in the mail and nothing shows up in myVAC account. The call center couldn't tell me what the decision was. I find it kind of odd that my CM takes an about face on the TPI 5 days after my PIA decision was made.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Wed 26 Oct 2016, 13:38

Yes agree

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 21:10

I know personally how overwhelming it can feel Vet1234 to go through completing each application. As propat advised, pace yourself slowly and take a break from it when you can. Maybe just work on one application at a time. If you need any help on the individual forms there are so many on Csat that have gone through it and can offer advice. One piece of advice I received on Csat that has proven to be most helpful is the recommendation to take copies of everything you submit to each department that way you can refer to them down the road and cross reference the documents between each application. Stay strong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 20:31

hey vet buds take one at a time . take at least an equal break between each one .

don't hesitate to walk away for a bit have a coffee go on a timmies run even better . if it takes ya 3 days to do one that's fine put the rest away for 3 days then pick another one and start again .

just pace yourself buds and I think you will do fine .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 25 Oct 2016, 19:43

Congats on the aproval of Vip and the rest will come

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 25 Oct 2016, 19:39

I appreciate it guys. I wasn't getting my hopes up at all. Still have a bunch of applications I'm waiting on... PIA, DA re-assessment, FCRB. I've applied for DTC and just received the CPPD forms in the mail. I should start, but it's overwhelming.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 19:25

Congrats on the VIP approval Vet1234!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 08:25

congrats vet very happy for ya . yaa they have a table for that they use your answers to apply to that . not to worry about the questions unless you move those will be scaled way the frack back to very little .

been awhile since I got a reup letter but if I recall it was do you still require this service and are their any changes in your situation or something like that very easy . ya shouldn't be required but what do you do .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 25 Oct 2016, 07:59

Got a call back from VIP yesterday and apparently was approved! I'll take it. I'm not sure what they used to calculate the amount, but they asked a lot of questions. Is it just me, or does it seem like we have to answer the same questions over and over and over again? Really makes me feel like a bag of shyte.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 19 Oct 2016, 15:04

It's such a hassle doing anything with VAC. CM had me do a full day psych assessment in august to figure out if I should continue with Voc rehab. Psych says I'm unable to work or go to school. CM says I'm not TPI even though psych indicates otherwise in a 10 page report. CM says psych needs to do "other" report before they can talk about TPI. Got a call from VIP today, asking me to get my psych to write a letter indicating why I need VIP. I tell them about the current thorough assessment and they say they don't have access to it.... wth? They better have access to it for my PIA app that's submitted 3 months ago!
Also need a different letter from my psych for both DTC and CPPD. How many reports do they need?? Madness
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 42 ... 47  Next