Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 37 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 37 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by 1993firebird Thu 17 Nov 2016, 10:00

Congrats. bounce

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016, 09:09

Right on vet1234!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 17 Nov 2016, 08:49

Just saw my ELB, PIA, PIAS on MyVac today. Thanks for the support in getting me there guys!
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 02 Nov 2016, 14:39

80% Old Charter , 20% New Charter and 10% that I can not receive because I am over 100%. ELB , LTD , CPPD , PIA first level / PIA Supplement , Military Pension , VIP and 2 grams of medical marijuana which can be increased. I am going to vaporizer some right now with no guilt at all.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 12:25

No worries Trooper. I hope VAC automatically awards the CIA and CIAS to anyone deemed TPI in the future. That way nobody falls through the cracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 12:20

Thanks Bruce,

I edited my above to reflect that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 12:12

Trooper I believe a vet needs TPI only for the PIA supplement. I'm in receipt of PIA 3 but no TPI status. My medical impairment rating is now 60% overall. I've no idea what the criteria is for TPI. Sometimes I feel like i should have the TPI status and other days I don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 11:48

It will be for life.

The only thing that's changing is career impact will now be a determining factor.

Also, you need to be TPI for being approved for PIAS - TPI is going to be changed to Diminished Earning Capacity. (DEC)

So we will have CIA and the DEC that will coincide together, putting or making the benefit relate more towards the impact of career on a individual.

I suspect this will make it a bit easier to be approved, but until we see the results, it's anyone's guess.

Last edited by Trooper on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 12:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed sentence 3, from TPI to TPIS)

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 02 Nov 2016, 09:56

No guilt whatsoever.  I am at the lowest level, so not much money but.... better than nothing.
What can I say, I have a useless CM.
When they change it to Career Impact Allowance, does it mean that it will be 'for life'? or still, they may grab/cancell it back (if you start working, or get better:ex: when your hair grows back)?

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 03:14

I don't feel guilty either. I'm messed up from serving my country. I receive a monthly disability payment at 20%, PIA Grade 3 and Canadian Forces Income Support. I also received in 2008 or 2009 (honestly can't remember the year) a Disability Award at 25% and after a reassessment in October this year I was awarded an additional 15%. I also receive 5 grams medical marijuana per day through VAC. I completed a 2 year college course in August of 2014 and have applied to over 200 jobs and have had zero offers of employment. I dont feel guilty, because I've done my best to try to reintegrate back into civilian life and things just won't move any further forward. I do volunteer work too when my head space and timing are good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 20:23

fully agree bigrex . I souldnt feel guilty and guts shouldn't feel sad I know this but feelings are funny thing my friend . ya feel what ya feel . knowing ya shouldn't feel that way doesn't change that but I'm hoping and truly believe that time will .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 01 Nov 2016, 20:16

See, I'm exact opposite. I do not feel guilty about getting all of the benefits that I do, because I am severely disabled. I get ELB, but only because I was screwed out of getting SISIP. I get PIA/PIAS, but only because the NVC prevented me from ever qualifying for the EIA. That being said, I wish every moderate to severely disabled Veteran was able to get similar levels of support, and that even the mildly disabled Veterans receive compensation for the lifetime of dealing with their disability, after all, the disability doesn't just disappear after x number of years, or at the age of 65.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 19:55

boys it frackin sucks I just never stopped or slept for that matter just go go go all the time if I had a spare hour id be gone to the gym just non stop . now sometimes I just cant go . to hard to move sometimes . never seen the inside of a gym in years .

it sucks big time . thing is feelings are funny things . I feel guilty for getting these benefits when I know the money is coming from the heaps of money the GOC stole from disabled afghan vets and the families of the fallen in 2006 . I wasn't even going to apply for this stuff my guilt was so bad even though I was telling PA vets around here and trying to help them through the proses . when everyone was getting rejected for a crazy reason I thought it would be easier just to apply to sort the crazy crap out myself instead of going from vet to vet .

ok easy way to say I was getting lazy . anyway took a bit of a fight and a well organized letter righting campaign . but I got it and so did the rest .

do I still feel guilty ??? yup.

but I believe this to shall pass especially WHEN the PA pension returns .

here is my point my old life AINT coming back and that sucks but that isn't life now because its not what I do . not sure what I do now aint their yet but the bit above is a brief example of what I found I can do . their may be more I can find .

getting a benefit aint live boys and its not what it has come down to .

its a benefit they owe you and probably have for a while . its yours and I for one am happy as crap that you went out and took what was yours all along back from the GOC .

life has just changed for you guys that's all . it sucks for sure but ya just gotta find something else to do that makes you feel proud . pride in ones work boys gives great meaning to life . it aint gonna be easy and although it may come to you tomorrow it probably aint gone come to you in a hurry . been years and I'm still looking .

I can tell you not to feel sad . don't feel sad there is no need . see . just because I said it doesn't make it so does it ?????? yup you will still feel sad tomorrow . but boys I truly belive this to shall pass .

but boy above all else .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 19:30

Panserbjørn wrote:I was just approved for my PIAS but rather than being happy, I am depressed that this is what it has come down too. I just want my life back.

Stay strong Panserbjorn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 18:26

Thanks guys. I've been working on "acceptance" with my psych and discussing volunteering and such. I'm happy and sad all at once. Just a day in the life I guess.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 47  Next