Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

+29
tetech
prawnstar
Jeffery M
861Cook
Rifleman
Tadpole72
Nemo
1sea0shell33
chillier76
Armygunner
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
VRI
Panserbjørn
K9
RCN-Retired
cosmo12
jack22
EZRider
Teentitan
1993firebird
czerv
pinger
Recon031
bigrex
johnny211
Dannypaj
33 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90% - Page 16 Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 08:47

danny 90% of your pre release salary will be your new BENIFIT . just subtract 75% of your pre release and that will give you your increase .except those effected by the minimum .

your easy math will work if by entitlement you mean BEFORE deductions like CPPD MIL pension and such and you replace the 15% with 20%.

propat

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90% - Page 16 Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by Dannypaj Fri 23 Sep 2016, 06:04

bigrex wrote:Well, the new 90% ELB, based on the $43283, would be just over $51939, but since only the amounts above $45283 would be taxed at the higher rate, you should still see approx $7000 of the ELB increase in your pocket.

October will tell the really dollar amount and I would also look into what tax bracket you may have moved into as well and deduct from there.

This generic letter, is it the same for everyone?

Easy math here $100+15%= $115.00

So, the entitlement (ELB) you have at this moment should raise by 15%? (it should be this easy!)

Going into my VAC account I should be able to take my ELB full entitlement amount and raise that by 15% giving me the new dollar amount, as I read it.
Not talking about taxes here. Just the main increase to the ELB.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 22 Sep 2016, 22:57

This is no sweat to me, and should not be to others. Irregardless of your situation.
Reason being:

No. 1.    We will find out at the end of October.

No. 2.    (Very Important) Jumping to conclusions, deductions, and assumptions
           will sap and just fracking drain you until then . . .

jmo
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 17:02

Okay the picture is getting clearer.  

Got a letter today about the increase.  I have LTD and I am approved for ELB but no payment.

When the increase comes into effect I will be getting another letter from VAC to report my earnings.  Which will be  only SSIP LTD (on the phone today with VAC).  VAC apparently will start giving me a 15% increase after Oct at some point.  

So, I do have to give the system credit for hopefully getting this right.  If we can get the PA back I would be so happy and take back a lot of things that I said about the GOC.  But until that day happens, the letters and protest continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 16:59

got my letter in the mail today in regards to the ELB increase . we are pleased to inform you that we will be recalculating your ELB benefit yada yada same as the ones on the my VAC account . so still waiting for the one in October with the financial questioner .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 17 Sep 2016, 16:44

They will need to provide a financial worksheet for everyone getting the increase, because if they don't, they will have Veterans calling up asking how they arrived at the amount that they did.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 17 Sep 2016, 15:41

About this 15% . . . I only speak for myself when I say that, at the risk of becoming a half fracked fox in a forest fire, I'll simply wait until the end of Oct.
Not that's it's easy, but ain't we all a bit used to waiting ?

Because this 15% ain't no cookie cutter or like, one size fits all (unfortunately).
Waaay too many combinations of different situations that could fill a book imo.

Also curious about this forthcoming letter. I hope it ain't generic, but kinda like a simplified Fin. Ben. Worksheet individual to us and our sit.? Maybe that's asking too much though . . . but would at least show how they did our math. jmo
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 17 Sep 2016, 13:23

The only time that ELB and PIA are used together in any calculations, is for determining the ceiling for the RISB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 06:31

No the PIA is not included in the ELB calculations.

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90% - Page 16 Empty ELB calculation

Post by Tadpole72 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 04:56

Can anyone tell me if PIA is included in ELB calculation.

Tadpole72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-09-17

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90% - Page 16 Empty ELB e mail in your VAC account?

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 20:59

Has anyone fully read VAC's e mail about ELB yet?  Got it last night on my VAC account, I called VAC and ask the following.  "I am on Ltd and now I see you are now confirmed ELB to be 90% of pay.  So question how do I address this shortfall for myself?"

They could not answer me, they said they might have an answer on Monday.  Not holding my breath on that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 16 Sep 2016, 20:33

Well, you can always apply for the rehab program Nemo. ELB is designed to be a temporary benefit, but it does not have a set limit like SISIP does, with the 24 months. So you can get it for a few months, or several years. But if you are deemed totally and permanently impaired, you can get it until age 65, just like SISIP.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 20:29

Yes ELB does have an end date. So unless you were put on eelb which runs dry at 65 everyone should reapply for vac ELB . Just my opinion.

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 16 Sep 2016, 20:24

For those on ELB.....from what I understand looking at VAC site...ELB has an end date. So are people on ELB for a short period or can you be on ELB until you die?
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 16 Sep 2016, 20:15

well that sucks. don't get elb but i get sisip...cpp...cf pension (plus vac pension but that cant be included) so guess i will get zip....on the other hand, when they increased the min to 40K a couple of years ago, I got an increase.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next