Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Ppclicaper Fri 07 Jun 2019, 19:05

As I understand it prior apr 1 2019 . You are back dated to the date CIAS application went in .. a DEC decision is required prior to or during the application process as it is a determining factor. If you had been already receiving CIA prior to the DEC decision .. you will need to apply for a CIA review / reassessment. CIA level 2 is not guaranteed on a DEC designation as there are other factors. The backdate in CIA level would be to the date you requested a review. This is my take on it.. But I would wait for one of the Big forum guys to give their take on it.

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 07 Jun 2019, 18:50

bigrex wrote:See, that's a hard one, since DEC doesn't really have a monetary reward, even though it's required in order to qualify for other financial supports. So therefor there really isn't anything to backdate. You are just DEC, when it's approved. So therefor IF you had a CIAS application pending, it may only be backdated to the day you were approved for DEC.
yes but that’s what I’m saying ,suppose VAC ends up making the day a vet was approved DEC to be June 1 2018, doesn’t a veterans CIA level automatically become level 2.? And CIAs $1100.? , wouldn’t they also be back dated, I.e. CIAS $1100x12, and CIA Level 2 $1000x 12, ( but it would only be $500 x12, as the veteran was already getting Level 1 CIA , which is paid at $500 x12, regardless of whether they are deemed to have a DEC or not.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Fri 07 Jun 2019, 17:34

I presently have a CIAS app processing .. CIAS app was submitted 6 weeks prior to being deemed DEC. I will post a follow up to what date it is backdated

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 07 Jun 2019, 17:26

See, that's a hard one, since DEC doesn't really have a monetary reward, even though it's required in order to qualify for other financial supports. So therefor there really isn't anything to backdate. You are just DEC, when it's approved. So therefor IF you had a CIAS application pending, it may only be backdated to the day you were approved for DEC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 2 Empty Here is an open question...

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 07 Jun 2019, 15:33

Suppose a veteran applied for DEC and CIAS before April 1 , but was denied. So the veteran fought it and won, but the fight took a year. If VAC eventually agreed and the date of the DEC designated became June 2018 by their records. Would that veteran be entitled to CIAS payments for a year and CIAS level 2 payments for a year. Or would everything just start June 1 2019 and the first payments the veteran would receive would be end June? Ponder.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Sun 19 May 2019, 10:12

45jim wrote:I applied for CIA and CIAS  March 4th and got the denial letter April 26. So the date you applied has little to do with the decision date, it depends on whose desk its on. And which way its going!

Why were you denied

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Sun 19 May 2019, 10:10

The CM will only initiate DEC once all your possible outcomes for returning to work is exhausted.  In my case my doctor and social worker and shrink all had to summit a report.  They then have a mini selection board to determine if DEC will be granted..

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeCeeGB Thu 16 May 2019, 19:04

It is backdated to the date of application

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnnavy77 Thu 16 May 2019, 18:50

I was told it was backdated, but I couldnt say for sure.

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 16 May 2019, 17:56

Ppclicaper wrote:Applied 20 February 19. CIAS and CIA review (presently level 3 ). Contacted VAC recently and they stated they are presently processing applications Dated February 2019.  I personally have been stage 3 about 10 weeks.  Hope this helps.
So when things are back logged like this, assuming your applications eventually go through positively, will that mean they will back date payments or would you just start receiving CIA/CIAS payments starting in June if that was the approval month .?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnnavy77 Thu 16 May 2019, 17:54

thanks, it does. Looks like another month for me, at least. I shouldnt of took the wait time toll seriously. Very Happy

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Thu 16 May 2019, 16:02

Applied 20 February 19. CIAS and CIA review (presently level 3 ). Contacted VAC recently and they stated they are presently processing applications Dated February 2019. I personally have been stage 3 about 10 weeks. Hope this helps.

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 2 Empty CIA and CIAS application

Post by 45jim Thu 16 May 2019, 13:47

I applied for CIA and CIAS March 4th and got the denial letter April 26. So the date you applied has little to do with the decision date, it depends on whose desk its on. And which way its going!

45jim
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnnavy77 Thu 16 May 2019, 12:53

Thanks, that relieves some anxiety about it.

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeCeeGB Thu 16 May 2019, 12:07

I applied on 25 Feb this year. I emailed and got the same ol we are working hard but are backlogged blah blah blah. Same boat as you...

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next