Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 19 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 22:28

you are in fact correct . the two plans don't even come close .

propat

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 19 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 22:26

I'm a fracking have become I'm completely on the PA because of 30 days. if you are completely on the NVC you would be a have not . sure their is a mix out their as well .

the time to fight the NVC was when it fist came out for sure but their was few to fight it . those that were vets already it would effect the least relatively speaking . those that it would effect the most were in the military unable to speak freely . trust me I know . did a 45 min stint in the CO,s office with him and the DCO . him giving me the gist what I can say who I can say it to and who I have to run it thru first to get approved and the DCO rattling off crap from three different books QR and Os one of them . all over this evil NVC . ya they were very nice and polite telling me to shut up but they were still telling me to shut up .

as it stands today the PA is in place for MPs RCMP and the vast majority of disabled vets . the NVC is in place for the minority of vets . if you need ANY help with ANY of this we can help . you live near freddy NB I can visit if you need . at 100% I don't know why you are being what you are being told but it don't sound right to me ill tell ya that .

as for the buyout that to shall pass . hared more about it this year than last and more last year than the year before and so on . it just keeps getting louder because more and more people are effected by it every year and angrier because of the lengthening amount of time people are effected buy it .

the fight for this is only getting stronger and stronger among NVC vets and in turn amongst vets as a whole due to the fact more and more NVC vets are coming into the system . among vets orgs they no longer matter . their was little support to fight the buyout or NVC from the get go frack at least one was actively promoting it but then again they were all run by PA vets . now you have one in the CVA fighting it and fighting it hard and the guy running it is a PA vet no less as most are mind you .

some day they will all be run by NVC vets but victory will come long before that .

the world will turn my friend stay strong .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 21:24

Skeptical is right, and the frustration mounts with the NVC.  I have wrote my frustration many time here, we need this to go public so people understand that the PA Vets are happy at the Civilian Legion.  Yes, I have an acid tongue, I only wish I could have the floor at the stakeholders Lollipop love fest meetings. I have personally written Hehr three times , no answer back. I have talked to two reporters and yet my story is not picked up.  My message for the 5 Nov Townhall Meeting I can only pray that  it's read in full. But not holding my breath.

We NVC Vets do not struggle or bad mouth PA Vets we are only pointing out the in justice of creating two types of Vets by the GOC.  The GOC are the ones that disrespect the NVC Vets, the new 15%increase to ELB in my mind was more designed for the NVC Vets to increase their benefits in lack of the PA. But in fact it just kept the gap at the same rate because all Veterans got the increase, makes sense to me.  So, why does it not make sense to people that all Vets should get the PA.  That's a Frackin big double standard.  Good for some but not all.

So I continue my venting here and wish the stakeholders would quit selling the NVC  Vets out.  It's kind humility in away, truthful I feel like a second class Vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 03 Nov 2016, 21:08

LMFAO

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 03 Nov 2016, 21:08

Vaporize if you have it.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 03 Nov 2016, 21:07

I am definitely a have and am very thankful for having it.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 19:48

I'm fully aware of the Veterans on this forum, but I would not categorize them as the haves and have not's.
I would say that the forum has a mixture of Veterans, with a mixture of benefits and some who are full PA, some part PA and part NVC and some just on the NVC.
I always refer to veterans who are obtaining benefits as the ladder climb.
You always start at the bottom and work your way to the top.
It is true some get to the top quicker than others, some don't make it to the top and some hit road blocks on their quest to reach the top.
CSAT's main purpose is to come together as a team and provide info and help to one another to aid all disabled Veterans in their quest to reach the top of the ladder.
As it stands today, it is the NVC that is in place, therefore it is the NVC in which we concentrate on in supplying the info and help.

I personally do not care for the NVC, but there's many who embrace it and just want the ongoing improvements made to it.
You can thank the past and present government for this, they are the ones who have influenced those that approve the NVC and just want improvements to continue.
The fight for bringing back the one Veteran one Standard IE: Tax Free Pension Act, is fading among Veterans and Veterans groups. Again, the government and their bureaucrats have us all exactly where they want us to be.
Those that are fighting for the return of the PA pension are not invited to be part of the advisory committee, the bureaucrats are running the whole show and they don't want anyone getting in their way.
In my opinion the proper time to have tackled the return of the PA pension would have been right from the start, the very first meeting with our new minister, and ongoing continuation up to present day and beyond.
What we have now are divisions among Veterans and Veterans groups regarding priorities and standing points of views on the best way to move forward on our file.
At the same time, it really does not matter much as the bureaucrats are going to implement what they want, when they want, and Kent is going to give the green light in all cases.
So who are the winners? I would say the bureaucrats and the government first, those that are full PA and finally those who accept the ongoing improvements to the NVC.

In the meantime CSAT must continue to provide the help and info from what is in place today, the NVC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 17:03

Skeptical,

Don't play into their hands, I realize it's frustrating when your being told things such as you maybe losing you ELB.
You need to continue to fight and never give up hope.
Regarding the ELB you need your doctor, or a doctor to state that you can no longer work or function in the rehab program.
This is key in continuing to receive your ELB.

It's a situation where you need to take certain steps on your own to aid you in receiving benefits.
Start with talking with your doctor, see if your doctor will support you, if not, you need to find one who does.

Lots of real good members here on the forum that have gone through exactly what your now going through who will guide you, help you and even suggest what is needed by your doctor.

So stay in the fight and never give up, ask all the questions you want here, that's what were here for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 11:44

Skeptical- if you don't mind me asking what is your case manger saying why you are being possibly not eligible for funding anymore?

If it's personal or don't want to post, I understand.  You can PM me if you like. Just trying to understand this VAC madness and help all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 03 Nov 2016, 11:06

Skeptical wrote:Was informed by cm may lose elb eelb may not be an option this happened Monday doctor is sick of dealing with vac so am I. Same paper work over and over wonder how many copies are in my file.im over 100% have a small percentage in pa. Hence the name skeptical . Like the bill Murry movie ground  hog  day. Repetition  repetition  repetition. They must think I will heal if I do it enough.

I feel that 100000%
How many times does a doctor have to write the same thing on a different report/form/application
It's ridiculous
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 10:22

Totally Permanently Incapacitated" (TPI)  has been changed to  "Diminished Earning Capacity"  (DEC)

These changes in new names and perhaps  small changes in wording for application to be approved or denied are directed to the NVC Vet. My opinion now is they are going to try to get the NVC Vets approved for as many things as possible in order to actually bring the differences closer of what the difference is between the PA  Vets and NVC Vets.

They have done or almost completed ELB changed, my VAC account first time showed by ELB rate for the 15% while I am still on SSIP LTD.  Going to apply for a few more things, but not right away.  Then, the top up of this spring 1 April (360k - roughly 11k per 25%) which will close the gap between the two types of Vets very little.  I'm bitter now, no.  But  the playing field is still not fair, maybe the court case will fix more.  

I can see where they are going to avoid bringing back the  pension, make some happy, soften us up to accept a deal that's unacceptable to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 03 Nov 2016, 09:15

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 19 Img_0212

I've been sworn into it at birth, I swore into it as soon as I turned nineteen and all I want from Canada is respect! And for all of the soldiers who solemnly swear to protect and defend the soverinty and people of Canada..
Honour, Pride and Acknowledgment of our duty and sacrifices we've made will go along way.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 03 Nov 2016, 08:36

Well I have my meeting to confirm my TPI on Tuesday. Not sure what changing TPI to DEC will be.. I moved through the ranks to senior NCM pretty fast, but still had easily over 10 years to serve. I'm frustrated with all the talk about 3B and Med release. I VR'd because I was broken and so was the system. My DA and injuries deemed related to service and duty... Can I get my release changed?? I've asked and asked and asked... no help. It's embarrassing to look at my docs and have to tell people I'm a quitter. Oh, and people ask all the time when dealing with VAC BS paperwork. So you're disabled? but then why wasn't your release medical? Priority hiring for 3Bs... oh, you quit, you weren't medically released. SMH
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 03 Nov 2016, 08:11

and who's to say you would of not been a General or Admiral, but you need to be in the right stream and kiss the right asses to get there.
Rename PIA to CIA? Okay, my career was cut short 14 years (3b med release)......no compensation until now? Wow, the math on that one.
Politicians,, please respect your veterans. Fulfill the mandate letter or continue to hear the out poor of disapproval from veterans......
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 03 Nov 2016, 08:00

May mean nothing to someone else looking at the service date expiry, but to me it means a lot.

Maybe I can finally heal after knowing I am at my twenty year mark. What BS

(ramped you up for their own gains, eh!)

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next