Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 7 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2019, 04:44

Hellraiser wrote:I applied for CIA/cias/elb late DEC 2018. CIA came thru today, the others have been approved. I have not been deemed DEC yet.
Don't wait, apply today.

There is a zero percent chance you qualified for the CIAS without being deemed DEC.

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 7 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Gunner8 Tue 19 Feb 2019, 18:44

On the form for cia supplement the first question it asks is are you Determined to have a DEC by vac, then it says do u request a increase in cia due to DEC. how did u answer those ? If you don’t mind me asking, What grade cia are you?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellraiser Tue 19 Feb 2019, 18:27

That's correct. I have never been told I was DEC
Hellraiser
Hellraiser
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 19 Feb 2019, 18:25

Hellraiser, you got approved for cias without being deemed DEC?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 7 Empty Cia

Post by Hellraiser Tue 19 Feb 2019, 18:17

I applied for CIA/cias/elb late DEC 2018. CIA came thru today, the others have been approved. I have not been deemed DEC yet.
Don't wait, apply today.
Hellraiser
Hellraiser
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 19 Feb 2019, 14:14

Talked with my CM today and she told me to fill out the consent forms and she’s going to initiate The DEC process. So I guess I can wait a few days and then fill out the CIA form and check off the DEC part and say waiting for decision in the comments?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 14 Feb 2019, 10:44

The whole VIP grant is nothing but a cost cutting measure. before it was brought in, VAC would pay 100% of whatever the service provider charged, and they would often bill VAC directly. But now, with the grant, they won't increase it annually, even if the costs for the service increase annually, gradually minimizing how much support they offer. And you can only ask for an increase, if your situation has changed. AND for some reason they have introduced an arbitrary cap on amounts you can receive. VAC says I qualify for $1000 for lawn care, and another $1000 for snow removal, but the VIP grant is capped at $1500 grounds maintenance. So I could get 100% covered, if I only needed one of the services, but because I have a large driveway, and a yard, I'm only allowed to have 75% coverage? How on Earth does that make any sense?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Thu 14 Feb 2019, 00:36

Folks, not to get to far off topic but I’m pretty sure the VIP grant is not indexed the maximum VIP rates are adjusted annually however. But the grant payment is determined by the grant determination tool (its not an assessment tool just a calculation worksheet) and the rate for your area and i believe those rates haven’t changed since they started the grant in 2013 (so these rates are from 2011-2012 costs) of course the veteran can get reassessed to make sure the grant amount is sufficient to meet their needs.

VETERANS INDEPENDENCE PROGRAM - NATIONAL RATE TABLE
https://www.veterans.gc.ca/pdf/rates/vip-nat-rat-18.pdf

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Wed 13 Feb 2019, 23:10

oh yeah dont say RTFN you have to say give me the CM on call PLEASE!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Wed 13 Feb 2019, 23:07

Gunner8 ,sorry for late reply but the reason why i talk to the cm on call is that my cm was on sick leave for 16 years that's what the lady at vac told me and haven't had a sign of life from them since 2002 so i called and told them i want CM RTFN! because nobody call me since then and i didnt want to wait another 6 months for a new CM ,so they said will give you CM on call and she helped me quite of bit i would say! so don't be shy if it doesn't work with your CM and find other alternatives if you can because April 01 is coming fast !
hope you the best of luck!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Feb 2019, 23:00

Yes, mine's been the same since they started the whole VIP grant.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 13 Feb 2019, 18:37

link is good

my problem then, my vip hasnt changed as written below, will have to follow up
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 16:52

puddleduk2 wrote:costs for services under the vip program by private providers go up over time, if not adjusted or indexed in some way what could be done years ago on those amounts now costs more to provide on todays economy
according to this link,VAC says they do it automatically

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/pdf/vip-ltc-rates2018.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 13 Feb 2019, 16:26

costs for services under the vip program by private providers go up over time, if not adjusted or indexed in some way what could be done years ago on those amounts now costs more to provide on todays economy
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 13 Feb 2019, 16:23

it isnt odd to get different answers from different va reps,

it was brought up before under the heading ' Veteran Help/ General Questions ' where a member stated that it had to be requested for a cost of living adjustment otherwise it doesnt change,

(i looked mine up in my banking records, it hasnt changed in the last 7+ years that i have had my current account)

If you would read the post under ' independence' using the 'Search' window in the top of this page,

I was told on my incoming call fm a va rep, that the non taxable amount of the CIA tat is changing in name as of April 1st would not be indexed going forward, but it is posted on the VAC site that it is,
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next