Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 13 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2019, 15:15

Sleeping Dog wrote:...If you are declared DEC do you lose your CM, I read somewhere that VAC closes your file at that point as you`re not in REHAB any longer?

I too lost my CM when I was deemed DEC in November. I had a few CM's over the years and she was the best of them. Never once did she insinuate anything or give me a hard time. Can't say the same for the others. And she respected my privacy too. I hated to have to give her up.

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 13 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by AirLog Fri 11 Jan 2019, 14:55

Hi Sleeping Dog,

I was declared DEC in December 2018 and my CM indicated that my Rehab will terminate and that she would not be handling my file any longer (no more CM). She did offer Guided Support, which is voluntary, to assist me with any VAC services, applications, etc. i accepted this service.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 13 Empty This is probably a dumb question but...

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:00

...If you are declared DEC do you lose your CM, I read somewhere that VAC closes your file at that point as you`re not in REHAB any longer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2018, 17:14

Artie Simm wrote:I suppose no one can answer this for sure, but if a vet has a claim in for a CIA up grade and/or DEC designation before April 1 2019, despite not getting an answer back before then, will VAC just white wash all those claims or honor them?

VAC will honor any claims before April 1, 2019 under the current legislation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2018, 16:35

I suppose no one can answer this for sure, but if a vet has a claim in for a CIA up grade and/or DEC designation before April 1 2019, despite not getting an answer back before then, will VAC just white wash all those claims or honor them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 16:29

Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:If anyone who works for VAC has called you paranoid or crazy that would be a clear violation. Your recourse, as far as I can tell would be to report the incident to the Ombudsman.

Unfortunately, it might be tough to get the answers your looking for on CSAT.
what is CSAT

CSAT is this very site you are on. Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum. I'm not trying to be a smart ass either. Cheers mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 16:25

Bruce72 wrote:If anyone who works for VAC has called you paranoid or crazy that would be a clear violation. Your recourse, as far as I can tell would be to report the incident to the Ombudsman.

what is CSAT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 14:36

If anyone who works for VAC has called you paranoid or crazy that would be a clear violation. Your recourse, as far as I can tell would be to report the incident to the Ombudsman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 13:55

Bruce72 wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:It's important Artie to explore all avenues and if you think calling the Ombudsman will help you need to make that call. It only takes a few minutes and the staff there are considerate and if they can help you they will.

A few years ago VAC arbitrarily tried to cut off my medical cannabis prescription. I called the Ombudsman and they had it sorted out in 3 days for me. No appeal needed.

You are your own best advocate and I know it can be draining to jump through all the hoops that VAC has for us. But it's a matter of survival.
https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/news/local/veterans-wife-asking-why-official-ordered-to-stay-away-kept-viewing-husbands-ptsd-claim-files-242930/

As I said yesterday, there are abuses of power that occur within the system, but these are individuals acting outside their scope of practice or they are not following policy or procedure. Eventually the person who violated this vets privacy will be held accountable, if the proper channels are followed to hold them accountable.
l dont disagree, I just feel what went on in the above case is also what I am experiencing but I have no way to prove it. It's easy for VAC to brush investigators aside saying I'm " paranoid" or " crazy", perhaps I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 13:07

Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:It's important Artie to explore all avenues and if you think calling the Ombudsman will help you need to make that call. It only takes a few minutes and the staff there are considerate and if they can help you they will.

A few years ago VAC arbitrarily tried to cut off my medical cannabis prescription. I called the Ombudsman and they had it sorted out in 3 days for me. No appeal needed.

You are your own best advocate and I know it can be draining to jump through all the hoops that VAC has for us. But it's a matter of survival.
https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/news/local/veterans-wife-asking-why-official-ordered-to-stay-away-kept-viewing-husbands-ptsd-claim-files-242930/

As I said yesterday, there are abuses of power that occur within the system, but these are individuals acting outside their scope of practice or they are not following policy or procedure. Eventually the person who violated this vets privacy will be held accountable, if the proper channels are followed to hold them accountable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 12:40

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 16:02

It's important Artie to explore all avenues and if you think calling the Ombudsman will help you need to make that call. It only takes a few minutes and the staff there are considerate and if they can help you they will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:34

Bruce72 wrote:I'm not saying abuses of power don't happen, just that their isn't a target with your face on it in Charlottetown.

All you can do is formally request a new case manager and let the chips fall where they may.
my psychologist says " isolation breeds paranoia", perhaps he`s right ...or perhaps I am,lol.

Last edited by Artie Simm on Mon 17 Dec 2018, 14:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:01

I'm not saying abuses of power don't happen, just that their isn't a target with your face on it in Charlottetown.

All you can do is formally request a new case manager and let the chips fall where they may.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:45

Bruce72 wrote:Artie nobody can flag your file to let you rot. There are tens of thousands of applications that need to be adjudicated. The few success stories you read online are great, but there are thousands of cases of vets waiting for answers. Most recently I waited 32 weeks for a reassessment to be adjudicated. Other times I have waited only 8 weeks for a claim to be processed.

As for the attitude you said you take with VAC staff, I'm sure you've heard you get more flies with honey over vinegar.
how would any of us even know if our file was flagged,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Mon 17 Dec 2018, 14:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next