Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+23
meathead
Wife of a Veteran
Rifleman
ghillie
Nemo
loggie
By the Bay
dzanzio
puddleduk2
rucksack031
DeeCee
liverlover
ceedee
peep
Dove96
kozi4
Teentitan
bigrex
rzm71
K9
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
1993firebird
27 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 20 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by loggie Thu 20 Jun 2013, 15:40

Not sure Sir.
4CMBG, 1 CMBG and Borden were my primary postings

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 15:34

Did we ever hang out loggie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 15:24

Ok, sincerely I have tried to shut my mouth even retracted a statement that was actually not harsh but neither was it nice, so I am no longer able to refrain from voicing my opinion. My opinion is fact based just like peanut butter on an camels arse you gotta see it believe it. I actually believe that in order for a me to donate a buck to anyone I actually have a set of priorities. 
Number 1. Must have demonstrated outstanding leadership.
Number 2. Must have completed the task at hand.
Number 3. Must have treated every single veteran with respect and dignity.
Number 4. Must have an agenda for the victims and
Number 5. Must not take what others can not give.
Simply put, if you give Dennis a vote of 1 or higher then why are you still asking questions and where the hell is your cheque. The job is far from done and like it or not this is the first stage of battle to assist all veterans past present and future and if he is the standard boy what a joke.
Now ask answer these questions,
Number 1. Did Mr. Manuge help launch a Class Action Suit against The GOC and SISIP
Number 2. Did Mr. Manuge successfully win his case in the Federal Court of Canada
Number 3. Did Mr. Manuge gain a stipin of 50,000.

Ok IF YOU GOT 3 out of 3 means he is winning, call him Charlie and he is now farther ahead in this game than most. After all we for the most part are whiners and complainers
GOOD LUCK MR MANUGE and please stop your daunting friends from making you look pathetic, your actions alone during this whole freak show are more than enough to show case your talents. 

Wonder how long it will take to cut and paste our comments on  the FB Sight of our LEAD PLAINTIFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 14:03

I am sick to my stomach, I hope the news gets ahold of this BS.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:33

I agree that his gratuity from the lawyers has nothing to do with this conversation directly, but it does bear onto whether or not he needs or deserves these donations as some type of charitable cause. The original post, before being altered, suggested that he was in some way deserving of our money, and therefor opinions and comments to the contrary are warranted, as long as done respectfully. But along the way, we have heard several stories of other Veterans, who have come into hard times, losing homes, alone, broke and broken, but I do not remember a single other time when there was a concerted effort to collect donations for ANY of them. So what makes Dennis so special? Absolutely nothing.

If you truly want to honor any perceived sacrifice that Dennis has made, donate money to a worthwhile cause in his name, and I suggest that maybe this is the best option for those willing to part with their well deserved benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:31

Here is the letter from Rob Gallant

My name is Rob Gallant;some may know me from my emails, "Freedom Is Not Free" or Matrixx and I am a SISIP LTD Class Action member. I have been friends with Dennis and Tracy Manuge since I first... received the official class action notification from our legal team. I reached out to Dennis at that time to offer my appreciation,support,and assistance to him as he and his family proceeded to take this case on, as Representative Plaintiff, on our behalf. Many of you may not know that this case started for Dennis in 2004. That is when he began looking for and finding other class members and started his letter
writing campaign to politicians and bureaucrats.

Over the ensuing years,I can say that I not only have had a look behind the curtain of the Manuge family's strength,courage,and commitment to this case and the overall veterans' cause,I have seen the emotionaland mental strains first hand when things got tough. That was often. Many of you may not even know that our estimated chances of legal success, after the original certification order was overturned in the Federal Court of Appeals, was estimated at one in twenty (5%). I cannot count the number of times Dennis voluntarily assisted veterans with other issues,as well as listened to class member's recount their horrific stories to him personally. He returned numerous e-mails and phone calls for years, as this case and the veterans' movement gathered momentum. I can tell you, he had little time to devote to his own family and his own health and wellness. Tracy Manuge had his, and the classes',back by being the strong and supportive person that she is.

This is where I come in. Shortly after my first conversations with Dennis,in 2007, I came up with this idea as a way to express my (and class member's) appreciation. Over time as the case went on,Ihave heard from many members of the class who feel strongly,as I do,that we can make a huge impact on the Manuge's lives by making a VOLUNTARY personal donation to them. How much,is of course,up to each of you and your families. Let's not forget that without Dennis and the support of Tracy,we would still be under the governments thumb by having our SISIP payments clawed back.

I,along with many class members I have been in contact with, will be doing so.We want Tracy,Mekelle, and Dennis to live a long and stress free life from here on out.I wanted to reach out to as many class members as possible to respectfully ask them to do the same.

You can make your donation at any Branch of the Royal Bank (RBC) in Canada.
Transit# is:04903 Account# is:5059613
I thank you for your consideration.
Rob Gallant
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:06

Ok, it is obvious that some are taking this post title as a means to voice their opinion about rather or nor DM deserves to be getting any more money from this Lawsuit with respect to this voluntary donation.
Let me say this, Denis is not here on CSAT asking, and or begging for anything. Regardless of what your opinions are about this vet, I would say that some are voicing anger towards this vet with undue care, and in my view, this can sometimes be viewed by some, as a form of attack on him. nobody, and I stress nobody is forcing anyone to donate. It is a personal choice. Remember that Denis is a fellow vet, do we really want people to read this stuff on CSAT, is that what we are about, taking shots at Denis. I think not. So I ask to please think for a moment before you post your opinion on rather Denis deserves donated money or not. This title post is not asking us rather he should receive this, it is simply a relay message provided to us by another ex member, for the purpose of having the available site to donate if we so choose to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:53

Teen i sent you the letter as it wouoldnt let me post it on here.I do know that it was someone else who started this donate to Dennis M BUT Dennis M should be the one to STOP IT ASAP!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:42

I just want to step in here and clarify something...

This initiative was started by Rob Gallant aka Matrixx a friend of Dennis'. 

Dennis is not soliciting for donations someone else is.

I know it doesn't make a difference but I want to make sure everyone knows who thought of this.  Also if someone has the letter Rob sent out send me a copy of cut and past to this thread for everyone to read.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:35

The man has no shame, Plain and Simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:24

After sitting here i had to get on here and comment(i know if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything BUT)First of all i did read the letter that was posted here about POOR dennis M. and how he SUFFERED ,lets remember others also had tried before him to go after what was theirs(and actually if i recall it wasnt Dennis that actually got this going it was someone else)Dennis was just the lucky one that FINALLY found a lawyer willing to try and fight it(i know for a fact at least 3 others that had tried finding a lawyer willing to take this case on,and each one was told no we cant.So if not Dennis someone eventually would have been able to accomplish this.Also i know a few people approached Dennis and the lawyers WILLING and WANTING to be part of the "main plaintif team" and were told "no thanks" so really there was always someone else willing to step up along side Dennis BUT Dennis chose to do it alone and take all the credit Himself !!And for those who say poor poor Dennis ( may i add he was well enough to have a child!!!!!)Many cannot flipping function let alone have kids.Good god he was only owed 2 yrs ,so as bigrex said he got back 600% i think i got what he deserved(the many veterans that lost their health, homes,their spouse,their dignity and respect to name a few because of this shit and in the end they wont get back 600% or even 100% after the lawyers and taxes have been paid!!!I am greatful for we now have money coming in(well within the next 6 months )and greatful Dennis CHOSE to fight this and for lawyers taking this case on BUT i dont understand why all of a sudden VERY SICK veterans need to give money to him.Can someone please explain this to me.Why is he not stopping this right away and telling the veterans to keep the little money they will receive.Why not be thankful that 50 grand was already given to him by the lawyers.I also was remember hearing the Judge say he would not EVER ask veterans to donate money(i really had a sense he felt 50 grand was quite enough)Someone answer me this,Why should any veteran give him money?Didnt we all suffer some WAY MORE than others.We need to remember he did this because he wanted to help not to get something in return(or am i wrong) Again i am NOT jealous ,i am VERY thankful for all he did but i lost and suffered as well and i refuse to give to someone that CHOSE to do this!!

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:00

Dennis does deserve our thanks.
He has already received a "bonus" for his efforts but if someone wants to give him extra that is there choice.
I was thinking he should just get an outstanding PER and hope he gets promoted.

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 20 Empty EVER NOTICE...

Post by loggie Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:53

How quiet it gets on here between "lottery" sessions?
Except for certain hot button topics like "handout" requests for the "have's", it sure does get quiet.
I only hope that means that we are all taking our meds, getting to our med appts, and otherwise taking good care of ourselves.
Appreciate you all...for WE are the ones who have paid the price and must deal with our own selves.
Great day to all.

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 07:48

Lol, lets give her DM address

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 07:43

Longhorn, she may be a bit long in the tooth but she is waiting for you to call her.....good luck ..Sparrow.Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_mn5ris1bb61qz4rgp

Last edited by Lory DeCoste on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 08:07; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next