Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr : RCL 46th Dominion Convention June 12 , 2016

3 posters

Go down

Kent Hehr : RCL 46th Dominion Convention June 12 , 2016 Empty Re: Kent Hehr : RCL 46th Dominion Convention June 12 , 2016

Post by bigrex Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:31

I completely agree. Canadians may be less likely to donate large amounts of money to an organization that appears to have even the slightest sign of corruption amongst their leadership.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr : RCL 46th Dominion Convention June 12 , 2016 Empty Re: Kent Hehr : RCL 46th Dominion Convention June 12 , 2016

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:46

Lots of negativity towards the Legion these days , it is true they have the government on their side , but if the negativity increases and or continues into this remembrance day , the Poppy fund could take a big hit.
They have the chance to come clean with their expenses , but that does not seem likely , so if the Poppy fund takes a hit , it's from their own doing.

No one to blame but themselves!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 12 Jun 2016, 21:56

Why get it wrong? This is just my opinion but to me the Legion is saving face.
It would make much more sense to me if they were not a non-profit. Rather public sector.
IMO, there's a few people there that are really are sincere. Unfortunately...their moral compass expired.
Kaput. Can't fix old school...just go a bit more forward is all.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2016, 21:01

well its not the PA pension that's for sure . the right thing to do is easy, fast, fair and obvious .

why spend all this time to get it wrong .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 12 Jun 2016, 20:59

I concur with shyte.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 12 Jun 2016, 19:17

Ya shyte

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Sun 12 Jun 2016, 18:42

Pensions must be coming, why, Kent keeps saying it and why would they say it , so many times and not follow thru! I'm beginning to believe the rumour regarding the Australian model. Plus and thus is a huge plus, he's saying this to the legion so the legion will give Kent two thumbs up. Somethings coming !

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr : RCL 46th Dominion Convention June 12 , 2016 Empty Kent Hehr : RCL 46th Dominion Convention June 12 , 2016

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2016, 16:54

Kent Hehr:

I was delighted to attend the Royal Canadian Legion’s 46th Dominion Convention in St. John’s, NFLD this weekend.
I had the opportunity to co-host a Joint Reception on Saturday June 11th with Tom Eagles, Dominion Command President. On Sunday the 12th, I attended the wreath laying ceremony at the Newfoundland War Memorial with Frank Fagan, Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador and Mrs. Sheila Anderson, National Silver Cross Mother.
Finally, I delivered the keynote address in front of all the delegates in attendance. In this speech, I highlighted the Government of Canada’s support for Canada’s ill and injured Veterans, and what Budget 2016 does to improve the support they receive.
Veterans Affairs Canada will build on an existing suite of programs and benefits with the help of enhancements to financial benefits, increased access to critical services and more front-line staff.
The Disability Award will be increased to a maximum of $360,000. This means more money in the pockets of Veterans to compensate for pain and suffering. The Earnings Loss Benefit, which is offered as part of a wide array of benefits to veterans following a rehabilitation program, will be increased to 90% of a Veteran’s pre-release salary. We will also be expanding access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance thanks to new individualized assessments. Last but not least, we are reopening the 9 service offices that were closed by the previous government, as well as opening a new one in Surrey, BC and expanding services to the territories thank to the help of local partners.
I understand everyone wants to know about the return of pensions for life. Veterans have made it clear to us they want us to get this right, not rushed. In order for us to get the best possible option, we will be consulting widely with a variety of stakeholders and veteran groups. You can also voice your opinion by following this link: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/stakeholder-engagement/09-05-2016#have-your-say

Government of Canada highlights improved support for Veterans and their families.

Budget 2016 reaffirms commitment to Veterans

ST. JOHN'S, June 12, 2016 /CNW/ - The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, spoke at the Royal Canadian Legion's 46th Dominion Convention in St. John's today to highlight the Government of Canada's support for Canada's ill and injured Veterans and how Budget 2016 will enhance that support.

To help Veterans and their families as they transition from military to civilian life, Veterans Affairs Canada will build on an existing suite of programs and supports with enhancements to financial benefits, restored access to critical services and more front-line staff.

An increase to the Disability Award to a maximum of $360,000 will mean more money in the pockets of Veterans who suffer from illnesses such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of service.

Increasing the Earnings Loss Benefit to 90% of a Veteran's pre-release salary will ensure former members undergoing rehabilitation have the financial support they need.

Expanding access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance by introducing an individualized assessment will ensure Veterans are more appropriately compensated for the impact of a service-related impairment on their career.

Finally, Veterans Affairs Canada will re-open nine offices across the country and hire additional case managers so that each serves no more than 25 individuals. Additionally, a new office will open in Surrey, B.C., and outreach to Veterans in the North will be expanded by working with local partners.

Budget 2016 delivers $5.6B in additional benefits and takes historic steps to treat Veterans with care, compassion and respect.

Quick Facts

The Government of Canada will make it easier for Veterans' families to access the Funeral and Burial Program for a dignified burial. The Department plans to increase the estate exemption from $12,015 to $35,279 and also apply an annual cost of living adjustment to this amount.
Plans are also underway to expand the scope of the Commemorative Partnership Program to allow funding for the building of new community war memorials and to streamline the application process.
The new Have Your Say consultation tool, available on the Veterans Affairs Canada website, invites Veterans, stakeholders and Canadians to their provide feedback on Veterans' issues and priorities.
The Minister of Veterans Affairs remains committed to all items in his mandate letter, including pensions for life.

"The Government of Canada is taking historic steps to ensure Canadian Veterans and their families are treated with care, compassion and respect. Budget 2016 reaffirmed our intent to give back to Veterans and deliver on our promises to restore critical access to services and improve the long-term financial security and independence of disabled Veterans and their families."
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/government-of-canada-highlights-improved-support-for-veterans-and-their-families-582612741.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down